Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

PL longest serving managers

Nigel Pearson is the fourth longest serving manager. Just saw this on MOTD and it shocked me a bit so I thought I'd share. Completely irrelevant just wanted to share...

lol literally just posted this in the PL thread!

Scenario.....

Pardew gets sacked in next couple of games.

Pearson coached at Newcastle before.

Ashley goes for Pearson in a Brian Little type poach.

Pearson first match in charge of Newcastle is against City 18/10/2014

Scenario.....

Pardew gets sacked in next couple of games.

Pearson coached at Newcastle before.

Ashley goes for Pearson in a Brian Little type poach.

Pearson first match in charge of Newcastle is against City 18/10/2014

That thought had crossed my mind too... :(

Why would Pearson abandon what he's built and is continueing to build here in favour of the lottery that is Newcastle at the moment?

He's got almost everything any manager could want at Leicester right now ... his own players, good pay and conditions, supportive and ambitious owners, prospects in abundance, a happy working environment and a club that is clearly moving forward in every way.

He really does have the chance to be the greatest manager in Leicester City's history. Why chuck that away for the doubtful attractions of Newcastle?

I am sure that Newcastle will sack Pardew and come knocking on Leicester's door. Hopefully our owners tell them to what they can do. They will be fighting relegation this season and the we will be challenging for a Europa place. Where would he rather Manage

Its a bit naive to say Nige will never leave us for a team outside the top 5.

Whether we like it or not, Newcastle is a bigger draw than Leicester regardless of them being bottom of the league.

Anyway, I guess its all hypothetical...

Best thing would be for Bruce to get the job at Newcastle (although I think Moyes may well go for it) as there is now way Hull will come in for Pearson. Pearson always talks about how well he is supported by the owners and that he trusts them - I'm not sure he'd sit comfortably with Mike Ashley as most Newcastle fans see Ashley as the problem. I really do think Nigel will want to see how far he can take this team. Maybe in 3 years time Pearson may want a fresh challenge, but for the time being I get the feeling he's very happy at Leicester and wants to achieve more.

Little and O'Neill had both taken the club as far as they could. Pearson is not at that stage yet.

Disagree, Little had only embarked on our first season in the prem, fair enough there were not enough funds but him leaving was a step back.

As for O'Neil i am strongly convinced that if he had stayed and kept the core of 'that' team together we could have made champions league.

Disagree, Little had only embarked on our first season in the prem, fair enough there were not enough funds but him leaving was a step back.

As for O'Neil i am strongly convinced that if he had stayed and kept the core of 'that' team together we could have made champions league.

Sunderland 5-2... What could have been... :cry:

Little had won 2 games out of 14 and we were well out of our depth. He played effective football to get out of Division 1 but couldn't take us any further.

Oneill you possibly have a point. He had already got us to 8th. Yes the Sunderland performance was great but could he really have expected to get much higher?

Isn't one thread dedicated this idiocy enough?

Newcastle will struggle to pay off pardew, let alone the massive compensation they'd have to pay us

In fairness the topic started off as NP's position in the longest serving managers list and then turned into the Newcastle speculation before the Newcastle/Pearson topic was created...

Archived