Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Proud to be a Leicester fan.

I know were only 4 games in to the league season but I thought I'd create this thread just to say how proud I am to be a LCFC supporter at the moment. When I saw our first 5 matches, I knew even having 1/2 points would be a tough ask, amazing to think were in 11th when our most important players Drinkwater, and Vardy haven't really played yet this season. Matty James is also yet to play his first Premier League match. I thought we would struggle against the lower teams in this division with a central midfield of Hammond and King let alone vs teams like Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea but they've proved me wrong completely so far.

Fans have been excellent home and away so far, we've just got to keep it going when times do get harder, which they will.

Also like to praise the owners who kept Pearson. I'm not going to lie, after that Watford game, I wanted him gone and a lot of you will have agreed with me at that point. Obviously I was completely wrong, but many owners would have sacked him due to that awful run from January to the end of the season.

This brings me to my last point, everything is right about the club at the moment. Have trust in the owners and manager. The players have shown they can adjust to PL football, and there is such a team spirit within the club that is such an important and underrated asset.

Keep it going lads, and let's make a cracking atmosphere for United on Sunday.

I know were only 4 games in to the league season but I thought I'd create this thread just to say how proud I am to be a LCFC supporter at the moment. When I saw our first 5 matches, I knew even having 1/2 points would be a tough ask, amazing to think were in 11th when our most important players Drinkwater, and Vardy haven't really played yet this season. Matty James is also yet to play his first Premier League match. I thought we would struggle against the lower teams in this division with a central midfield of Hammond and King let alone vs teams like Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea but they've proved me wrong completely so far.

Fans have been excellent home and away so far, we've just got to keep it going when times do get harder, which they will.

Also like to praise the owners who kept Pearson. I'm not going to lie, after that Watford game, I wanted him gone and a lot of you will have agreed with me at that point. Obviously I was completely wrong, but many owners would have sacked him due to that awful run from January to the end of the season.

This brings me to my last point, everything is right about the club at the moment. Have trust in the owners and manager. The players have shown they can adjust to PL football, and there is such a team spirit within the club that is such an important and underrated asset.

Keep it going lads, and let's make a cracking atmosphere for United on Sunday.

Sad that you're only proud when we're winning really.

Iv'e always been proud of being a Leicester supporter since i was i kid i had a strong passion for the club and it was such a huge part of my growing up, there ave been times when i have felt let down by the club through poor decisions by the board and certain managers that ruined what was built but you cant stop loving your team and stick with them through the good and the bad thats what makes any clubs loyal fanbase

Never been ashamed of supporting Leicester although there have been disgusting lows, however I see it as you cant change the team you support so you put up with whatever happens, good or bad.

Great to be a Leicester fan at the moment so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

I have always been proud to be a LCFC supporter, just sorry that now that I am retired, I can't really afford to go to the matches.

I am currently in Bangkok & believe me, City are well known here as King Power are such a famous brand name. When I am asked where I am from, I reply "Leicester" & people reply, "Leicester City Football", it's a great feeling.

I haven't spotted anyone wearing a City shirt yet, but great times ahead imo.

n.b. Before anyone comments, I have friends in Bangkok, so I only have to find my air-fare. I'm a poor o.a.p.!

I was proud to be a Leicester fan the day we got relegated to League 1. I'm almost always bursting with pride at being a Leicester fan. Success is great but it isn't why I support the club.

I bloody wasn't, my overriding emotion was abject misery followed by despair, lowering of inhibitions, dizziness, lack of coordination, repeating myself constantly and finally waking up with a stinking hangover in bed with the wrong girl, pretty much destroying any chances of anything happening with the right girl (her best friend). To cap it all off it was my birthday. So pride was very, very far from how I was feeling.

Proud to come from Leicester and always Proud to be a Fox.

But the best bit for me is the shite I have took all summer and I have been saying the first job is to stay up.

But now 4 games into the season the shite gets less and less by the day.

IMO our boys piss off every other fan at the minute.

They all thought we would bomb out well you are all fvcking wrong.

And I do not here many saying now that we will go straight back down lol lol lol lol lol

I've always been proud to follow a provincial club through thick and thin and not just support a big cub from my sofa.

Right now I'm just delighted that we have a good team that play good football and an intelligent manager that doesn't speak in bullshit cliches.

"I've always been proud loyal" etc etc etc

You lot are terrible, the fella (banks) I think is just trying to express his pride and admiration for his/our club which I'm sure most of us are feeling right now.

You all* just pull it apart, "I've always been proud, your not as proud as me, I'm more loyal" blah blah blah let the lad express what he's feeling, it's boss to feel like this as a city fan whatever title you want to put on it.

The reason more people don't post positive things on here is responses like those above you know who you are, shame on you, you bring the whole mood down, we should be continually on a high this season win lose or draw. I know I will be.

Nice message Banksy said exactly what most of us want to say.

In the darker days of 04-08 I'd say it was more defiance than pride about Leicester.

I was not proud of Josh bloody Low thats for sure.

Whats been going on at the club now, and over  the past couple of seasons is 100% something to be proud of!

Archived