Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Leicester Vs Fulham U21 - Tonight

Whilst the team looked strong on paper, this is the first competitive game at home for them. We've had a few new faces this summer, I know most people haven't been enticed by the lure of the transfer window, and may have missed all that, but given a bit of time, I suspect we'll have an under 21's that will have individuals knocking on the first team door.

Looks strong going forward but the back four looks very average.

Nothing to get too upset about though, these games aren't much more than glorified kickabouts.

More Beaglehole on Bakayogo: "I hope it's not a serious injury but the signs aren't very good at this moment in time." #lcfc

Steve Beaglehole on Bakayogo injury: "I'm not a medical person but all the signs are there to say it's a similar injury to before." #lcfc

I seen Zoums knee twist. Bless him I feel so sorry for him.

Only seemed like a few of them were up for it tonight, James, Sesay and Kennedy. I think some

Of our fans will get very frustrated with Powell. Lawrence seems a little lightweight and didn't get all that involved to be fair.

Powell thinks he is something that he is currently not. You only have to listen to his interview in full when he joined on Deadline day to here of his opinion of himself and his current standing in the game, "yeah basically I've come here for more games". You'll have to work your bollocks off lad because first impressions count for a lot and yours haven't been great kidda. 

City Development Squad boss Steve Beaglehole believes there is more to come from his players following their 2-0 defeat to Fulham at King Power Stadium on Monday night.

The young Foxes played their second game of the Barclays U21 Premier League season, having lost 3-2 in a narrow game against Everton last month. 

City were in good spirits having won the Westerby Cup Winners’ Cup 4-2 last week but the rub of the green didn’t seem to be with them against the London side. 

And they were boosted by first teamers Nick Powell, Tom Lawrence, Tom Hopper and Matty James, who all put in a good shift. 

Speaking exclusively to Foxes Player following the defeat, Beaglehole said: “I thought it was difficult game for us because of the way we started. 

“We went a goal down against the run of play and Fulham we know are good at keeping the shape, being solid and being hard to break down. 

“When they go 1-0 up it knocked the stuffing out of us a little bit and we lost your rhythm. 

“First half I was disappointed with the way we played – we didn’t move the ball quick enough. 

“We looked like a team of individuals rather than a team which is probably understandable with the number of new players that have come in.” 

Beaglehole was impressed by the senior members of the side and hopes that his squad can learn from the experience of playing alongside them. 

He continued: “James coming back from injury is a big plus point – he played 65 minutes and probably now in contention for a place on Sunday. 

“I thought Nick Powell worked hard, he’s not 100 per cent fit. His touch and his lay off was good. 

“The second half we changed the shape a little bit – we made a change, put Michael Cain on and we played Jack Barmby a bit higher up the pitch. 

“We created a lot, we had a lot of opportunities in and around the box. 

“I’m disappointed with the second goal we conceded – we were solid last year on corners and didn’t concede a goal from them. 

“To be fair the lads stuck at it – another two or three games makes them a more settled side and you’ll see the best of them which you’ve not seen yet this season.” 

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/150914-beaglehole-theres-more-to-come-1917267.aspx#pWYkCovRf4mJzujV.99

Archived