Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Anthony Knockaert

I think the type of player he is is best suited to games where we have a good chunk of the possession. Then, his risky/high reward passes and runs are less prone to cause us problems, and give us a chance to break down a team that parks the bus (we have yet to face one this season).

First of all, he'll have to have a positive impact from the bench, because that's Nigel's way. Then, if form and fitness follow, he'll be back in the 16 or so potential starters we can choose between for each game. Firmly believe he's got a big part to play, and also that people have astonishingly short memories...

Mahrez has hardly set the world alight either tbf

He has setup great one on one oppurtunities for our players in almost every game apart from stoke...

Everton - he played in Schlupp for a one on one... Sclupp should have scored

Everton - it was his shot that lead to Woods goal

Chelsea - he played in Nugent for a one on one... Nugent should have scored

Arsenal - he played a great ball to put Ulloa in for a one on one... should have scored - side netting

Can't argue that he is skilful and on his day one of the best players on the pitch, however his decision making lets him down massively. He can receive the ball in a dangerous position, get himself out of trouble and instead of then playing the simple pass will continue to lose the ball through trying to execute an extra step over. I enjoy watching him but sometimes he can be the most frustrating player on the pitch, always tries to beat one more man rather than putting the ball into the box. When it comes off it's great but the games where he continuously attempts the same runs to no avail, he needs to realise there's more to his game. Someone mentioned his defensive ability, I'll admit it's not an area of a game I've noticed much however everytime the opposition are breaking at us and he's chasing someone down you just know he's going to jump in either late or well off of the floor!

We will need him. Simple as. He's just got to keep his head down and wait for his chance.

Like every other player on our sidelines he deserves more than being called 'shit' or 'not good enough' at this stage when he has barely had a chance to prove himself - or when the competition for places is so strong.

At the age of 22, I just don't think he's close to reaching his peak yet that's all. Decision making as we all know is a vital part of football and at times, he has the judgement of a 17 year old. He's shown us how brilliant he can be, but consistency at the moment is a problem with Knockaert.

At the age of 22, I just don't think he's close to reaching his peak yet that's all. Decision making as we all know is a vital part of football and at times, he has the judgement of a 17 year old. He's shown us how brilliant he can be, but consistency at the moment is a problem with Knockaert.

Has he shown us how brilliant he came be the only brilliance I can remember seeing from his is his scorpion kick against Huddersfield and maybe his free kick last season against sheff wednesday

He was God awful against Shrewsbury, as were many, which hasn't helped his cause. As has been said, he'll get back in if he can replicate what he's shown before, or even better it. He's still very young and will be another who will only benefit from the experience of the Premier League and Cambiasso.

Quite interested to see more of Albrighton when the time comes too, a mate who supports Villa was sad to see him go and he's also hardly getting on either.

Has he shown us how brilliant he came be the only brilliance I can remember seeing from his is his scorpion kick against Huddersfield and maybe his free kick last season against sheff Wednesday

Huddersfield at home, ripped them apart. Away goal v Sheff Wed etc. There's no doubt he can be a big player for us on his day, but them days don't come too often.

I believe he has a personality trait that demands attention. Looking at the celebration photos from last season he seemed like he was keen to be front and centre in most of them.

He has a new stage and he wants the world to see how great he is. Unfortunately his desire to take on one too any opponents ofttimes doesn't come off and we inevitably lose possession that has just been hard won by his teammates.

His performance in the League Cup was probably the last straw for Pearson and he is being taught a lesson again. In other words he's being made to stand in the corner until learns to behave.

Mahrez has hardly set the world alight either tbf

Really? I would have thought most people agreed that he'd done well so far, barring Stoke where everyone was shit first half.

He's played passes every game pretty much that should have been finished. Schlupp v Everton, Nugent v Chelsea, Ulloa v Arsenal.

Another Knockaert thread :frusty:

He won't play yet because of the games we have had so far, he isn't the right player to play in them. Wasn't great against Everton, and if he played against Chelsea, Arsenal & Stoke, with him tending to be greedy and lose the ball they could of well punished us through a mistake by Knockaert. 

Mahrez & Schlupp deserve there places at the minute, Knockaert & Albrighton will have to be patient. To the fans slating Jeff, what a bunch of clueless idiots, caused Everton problems when he came on, and was good against Chelsea & Arsenal, wasn't great against Stoke but neither were Mahrez, King & Nugent. Konchesky's good start to the season has probably been helped by Jeff, they complement each other well. 

As I've said many times before, I don't feel Knockaert is ready yet, until he bucks his ideas up & learns the factors of playing as a team. 

Really? I would have thought most people agreed that he'd done well so far, barring Stoke where everyone was shit first half.

He's played passes every game pretty much that should have been finished. Schlupp v Everton, Nugent v Chelsea, Ulloa v Arsenal.

See my earlier post - Exactly what I said :chant:

Archived