Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Anthony Knockaert

The question at the present time is does playing AK over other players give us a better chance of securing draws / wins / points.

I like AK, but currently feel we have less chance of winning points with him in the team. He tries his hardest but does make mistakes, gets caught in possession and doesn't always play the simple pass. Possibly tries too hard. If he is not prepared to knuckle down and fight for his place, can see him falling out with Nigel. Certainly Knockaert's body language wasn't brilliant at the full time whistle at stoke.

I think much the same of Jeff Schlupp, but his plus points outweigh his errors / poor positioning and he is the man in possession at the moment, so good luck to him.

Although Mahrez has flitted in and out of games, he does present more of a threat and has proved he has an eye for key pass. Would play him more at home, where teams are more set up to defend. Mahrez can unlock defences, not sure about AK at this level, although too be fair he's not had too much opportunity.

Albrighton and now Lawrence and Powell deserve a chance to show what they can do, so I think it's clear he is well down the pecking order a la GTF.

If he doesn't make the team / bench for Yanited, I can't see him getting back in once the new lads all settle down (except African Nations Cup and suspensions / injuries).

lol

The fickle nature of this forum never ceases to amaze.

why? I haven't slated him or said he should be sold or any crap like that simply that he hasn't been great, he's played well but no better IMO then Schlupp who does actually have an assist yet I've seen people (the same people that sucked off Lloyd Dyer when Schlupp has all the same attributes but is already a better crosser of the ball) slate him and say he should be dropped

why? I haven't slated him or said he should be sold or any crap like that simply that he hasn't been great, he's played well but no better IMO then Schlupp who does actually have an assist yet I've seen people (the same people that sucked off Lloyd Dyer when Schlupp has all the same attributes but is already a better crosser of the ball) slate him and say he should be dropped

Mahrez has played the final ball for 3 absolute gilt edged chances. Schlupp v Everton, Nugent v Chelsea and Ulloa v Arsenal.

Enjoy him whilst he is here.

Assists are a weak argument as you're relying on the finisher. Key chances created is a far fairer way of judging it and Mahrez has played a superb ball in our opening three games that deserved an assist each.

Struggling to see how anyone can say Schlupp's been at Mahrez' level. Apparently shit at Stoke but I'm not surprised given he'd played for Algeria just three days earlier.

Mahrez is a serious asset to this club.

Assists are a weak argument as you're relying on the finisher. Key chances created is a far fairer way of judging it and Mahrez has played a superb ball in our opening three games that deserved an assist each.

Struggling to see how anyone can say Schlupp's been at Mahrez' level. Apparently shit at Stoke but I'm not surprised given he'd played for Algeria just three days earlier.

Mahrez is a serious asset to this club.

yep

He has setup great one on one oppurtunities for our players in almost every game apart from stoke...

Everton - he played in Schlupp for a one on one... Sclupp should have scored

Everton - it was his shot that lead to Woods goal

Chelsea - he played in Nugent for a one on one... Nugent should have scored

Arsenal - he played a great ball to put Ulloa in for a one on one... should have scored - side netting

cus of this

Can't believe Mahrez gets a hard time from some on here. He's the best winger we've had in years and he will play for a top 6 side in my opinion.

If he has a bad game he's shit and has been forever. If he has a brilliant game he's the best player we've ever had. That's how it works

Perhaps he should go out on loan somewhere?.. Can't see him getting much match time with us this season.. He's not ready for the premier league!

What?? Where? He's hardly going to find a better side than he was a crucial part of last year, and we certainly don't want him playing for someone else in the PL. He will play for us, and he will play soon-to judge him so quickly after the performances of the last couple of seasons is barmy.

I can't believe people are judging him this season, and his capablities in the Premier League based on one poor performance.

he hasn't been given another chance because Mahrez has played very well, and like people have stated Schlupp offers a more defensive cover, and for the teams we have played we have needed defensive cover (even thought last season Knockaert worked back a lot which seems to have gone unnoticed) as we have seen less of the ball. it will be the same on Sunday.

however when it comes to playing teams around us, and teams where we will be more attacking i'd prefer to see him on the pitch than schlupp. that's personal preference but Knockaert has proved time and time again that he can change a game with a wonder goal or bit of skill and create a chance.

he will be a big part this season, and now he has had to spend time on the bench, and sometimes out of the squad, the next opportunity he gets, i'm sure he will be the knockaert of old and showing his quality to earn a place in the starting XI next game.

It wasn't a direct assist but Riyad made Wood's goal v Everton, turned Barry inside out and gave space for a shot that eventually went to Wood. He's made three other fantastic chances and genuinely looks like unlocking top sides' defences.

Isn't it obvious why against these better teams we've been playing Schlupp over Knockaert? One word sums it up, pace. Schlupp has it in abundance and Anthony is sorely lacking in that department. In games where we're pressing teams rather than them pressing us he'll be much more suited than Schlupp and will almost certainly get his chance.

As for Riyad, he starts if he's fit imo, over every other winger we have, he's a cut above.

It seems to me like the lad is falling down the pecking order a little?

Is he injured or just not in favour at present?

Nigel is a great user of his squad, so Im sure young Anthony will feature again. But is he good enough? Will he play much? Or maybe will he be looking for a way out in January if he doesn't play?

Not knocking him (no pun intended), simply seeking opinion.....

I was actually thinking the same, but I haven't heard of any injury, so I presume it is down to form.

Can't believe Mahrez gets a hard time from some on here. He's the best winger we've had in years and he will play for a top 6 side in my opinion.

We'll be the top 6 side he plays for.

Previous thread subjects in 2013/14:

Vardy not good enough for the Championship

Schlupp not good enough for the Championship

Get rid of Konch.

(I could name more)

None of these are looking too good now.  Yes it's possible that Knocky won't make it at this level but with NP's track record I'd rather trust his judgement than anyone else.  The lad isn't perfect but he brings passion and an attacking option to the team and I'm sure that he'll get his chance before the season's out.

As for Mahrez I expect interest from other clubs in January.

Previous thread subjects in 2013/14:

Vardy not good enough for the Championship

Schlupp not good enough for the Championship

Get rid of Konch.

(I could name more)

None of these are looking too good now.  Yes it's possible that Knocky won't make it at this level but with NP's track record I'd rather trust his judgement than anyone else.  The lad isn't perfect but he brings passion and an attacking option to the team and I'm sure that he'll get his chance before the season's out.

As for Mahrez I expect interest from other clubs in January.

your right mate.. people on here said junior lewis was shite.. mugs..

Archived