Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Pi$$ heads watch out in Loughborough ...

Quite incredible that not only are the ones doing this not ashamed of it, but they are actually prepared to tell everyone they do it and pose for pictures in the local newspapers. Being drunk isn't a crime as far as I am aware providing you are not disorderly.

Future generations will be astounded at the amount of freedom we had, to be able to eat and drink what we like, to drive and go where we want being anyone knowing. Basically to actually be in control of our own bodies and lives.

Quite incredible that not only are the ones doing this not ashamed of it, but they are actually prepared to tell everyone they do it and pose for pictures in the local newspapers. Being drunk isn't a crime as far as I am aware providing you are not disorderly.

Future generations will be astounded at the amount of freedom we had, to be able to eat and drink what we like, to drive and go where we want being anyone knowing. Basically to actually be in control of our own bodies and lives.

too right mate..I despair..

When I was in a management position at a bar I wouldn't let people in who were excessively (and I mean excessively) drunk, especially not on nights without bouncers. Not because I'm a grinch who doesn't want people to have fun or enjoy freedom, but because I've had to deal with barmaids being harassed, assaults taking place, multiple glassings etc and 9 times out of 10 (more like 99 times out of 100) it is someone who is clearly too drunk than to know what's good for them that has caused the problem. It is over-kill with this initiative, you don't need anything other than your eyes to see when somebody is likely to cause trouble due to the amount of alcohol (and other things) they have consumed.

You might think I'm a douche for turning people away, but I know for close to a fact that I've saved lots of people who were out for a good time and staff who were just trying to make some money a lot of bother, and that's more important when you feel a duty to their safety.

Pass your exams.....Get a job....Agree with your Boss....Get a car....Pay regular instalments.....Get a house....Pay more regular instalments.....Get WiFi....Get a Playstation....Clip your hedge.....Save for your pension....Wash your car on a Sunday....then complete your meaningless life and die and remain dead forever more without ever having lived.  :(

We're human beings, not cogs in a machine, for Christ's sake!

And human beings need to occasionally have some fun, get excited and release emotions - and that fun might sometimes involve people getting a bit inebriated. So what?

If a drunk person damages others in some way, there are laws to deal with it.

What absolute crap - and that's from someone who's not had a drink for 2.5 months!

Who's to say they won't be using personal opinion anyway, it's not like everyone is going to have to form an orderly queue and if you've had over half a shandy you won't get in.

If someone looks absolutely trollied with eyes rolling into the back of their head, I imagine that's the kind of person that will be breathalysed. 

The amount of dick necks in deep v's with too much testosterone after a day at the gym that seem to want to scrap anything that moves, they can be turned away from everywhere as far as I'm concered.

Echos are taking a massive gamble though, as someone said. You need to be trollied with eyes rolling into the back of your head to want to set foot in there ha!

I will admit though, I imagine there will be some power abuse from some bouncers, who might even have little signs saying "You must be under this drunk to enter this establishment"

Who's to say they won't be using personal opinion anyway, it's not like everyone is going to have to form an orderly queue and if you've had over half a shandy you won't get in.

If someone looks absolutely trollied with eyes rolling into the back of their head, I imagine that's the kind of person that will be breathalysed

But why? If your eyes are fu cked and you can't stand up you're not getting in anywhere decent unless you act it out, why do they need to breathalyse you instead of just using common sense and saying the guy spewing his guts up lying on his side by the bins isn't getting in.

Archived