Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

How many Leicester Man U fans..

Why does everyone have to be exclusively partisan to a single team? Some people might have parents or other relatives that make them interested in another team, they might have moved from their hometown and grown fond of another club, or they might just like more than one team because that's how they feel. But so what if they do? What extra entitlement are you afforded because of your exclusive "loyalty" to one team? Grow up.

Are you for real?

This forum is for football fans, not plastic w*nkers who 'support' more than one team.

Why does everyone have to be exclusively partisan to a single team? Some people might have parents or other relatives that make them interested in another team, they might have moved from their hometown and grown fond of another club, or they might just like more than one team because that's how they feel. But so what if they do? What extra entitlement are you afforded because of your exclusive "loyalty" to one team? Grow up.

So that's why you want wifi in the ground,so you can keep an eye on all your teams.Makes sense now.:thumbup:

You don't choose who you support. Your city chooses you.

And I am glad I am from Leicester.

I lived in Barnsley for 18 months.

Found the tykes and blades to be total bell ends but the Owls were great.

Went to a few games always look out for there results and hope they join us in the prem.

I agree with that part

But glory hunting counts are simply counts

I'm a Real Madrid fan. I've never been to any games and have never participated in the club though but they're still "my" club. Somehow.

Being a fan means being part of the club - something I don't think you can do if you've never attended any matches.

No. Being a "fan" doesn't require any of those things. Why would you believe that it does? Take any definition of "fan" from any dictionary and not a single one will specify that attending performances or "participating in the club" (whatever that means) is a prerequisite for being a fan of anything. Perhaps you could write a list of instances in which you would grant "fan" status so everyone knows whether they are a fan or not.

It's the people who are stuck in the childish mindset of 'supporting' several teams who need to mature a touch.

I used to like the big clubs when I was little but I moved away from that with age, as do most people. It seems to me like your comment should be applied in the other direction.

Really can't stand Man Utd.

And as for those Leicester people who support Man U, the lowest of the low.

I might be a bit primeval but I am of the belief you support your local team.

When I lived in Portsmouth, I still tried to see Leicester when I could but I would also go and watch Pompey because I loved live football, but if Leicester played Pompey there was no doubt who I supported.

These Man U scum in Leicester are not from Manchester. They are the worst sort of supporters, no imagination whatsoever. They just chose the biggest most successful club they could think of when growing up. They had no real parental guidance.

Any in the Leicester end deserve what comes to them.

Come on City, thrash the United scum.

I watched Man U beat Munich in the champions league in a pub full of so called Man U fans. Despite the late comeback and injury time winner there was no real passion, no going ballistic or wild celebrations, they all sat there happy with the result without any feeling or depth of pride or jubilation you'd expect or that you get from following your team live. The cost and hardships, ups and downs of following the team in the community where you live in. When Leicester are doing well the buzz that goes around the factories and offices is clear to see and feel, when we're struggling that is felt too, as a fan supporting your local team you feel and breathe it, there's no getting away from it. While these so called fans enjoy the success they can't feel it the same as supporters living and breathing it. For many who follow Man U it's like watching coronation street and eastenders, it's something that's on TV every week that they watch.

No. Being a "fan" doesn't require any of those things. Why would you believe that it does? Take any definition of "fan" from any dictionary and not a single one will specify that attending performances or "participating in the club" (whatever that means) is a prerequisite for being a fan of anything. Perhaps you could write a list of instances in which you would grant "fan" status so everyone knows whether they are a fan or not.

Standard lying to try and get out of a sticky situation. You know full well what participating in a club means. I explained it in my post after all. Attending games so you experience the club - victories, defeats, atmosphere, tension, stadium - builds a link with that club that other people don't have.

The reason you need to participate with the club is also fairly easy to understand. You wouldn't call yourself friends with someone else you've never met or talked to would you? You have no shared experiences with them so you wouldn't claim to have a relationship with them either. I think this applies to football too.

Are you for real?

This forum is for football fans, not plastic w*nkers who 'support' more than one team.

You must know how hilariously self-defeating this post is? I genuinely don't believe anybody would post this with no irony at all so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are being very clever and have a painfully dry sense of humour.

So that's why you want wifi in the ground,so you can keep an eye on all your teams.Makes sense now. :thumbup:

Yes, it depends who is winning at the time though. When Man U were doing well I supported them but these days they aren't really up there so I tend to use my phone to look at Man City highlights during the 65 minutes of the match I sometimes watch, and if my phone case breaks I snip off one of my fingers, melt it, and fashion a new one because I am as plastic as they come.

You don't choose who you support. Your city chooses you.

And I am glad I am from Leicester.

Quite possibly the most cringe-worthy forum contribution I have ever seen.

It's the people who are stuck in the childish mindset of 'supporting' several teams who need to mature a touch.

I used to like the big clubs when I was little but I moved away from that with age, as do most people. It seems to me like your comment should be applied in the other direction.

What if the second team wasn't Man Utd? Is it just "big clubs" you have a problem with? 

You must know how hilariously self-defeating this post is? I genuinely don't believe anybody would post this with no irony at all so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are being very clever and have a painfully dry sense of humour.

Yeh you can bluff all you like but you and I both know there was nothing ironic about that post nor is there any sane reason to think there was.

Face it, you don't really belong on a forum for football fans if you think supporting two teams is ok.

Yeah, funny how their other team is never like Bury or Stockport County though isn't it...

Standard lying to try and get out of a sticky situation. You know full well what participating in a club means. I explained it in my post after all. Attending games so you experience the club - victories, defeats, atmosphere, tension, stadium - builds a link with that club that other people don't have.

The reason you need to participate with the club is also fairly easy to understand. You wouldn't call yourself friends with someone else you've never met or talked to would you? You have no shared experiences with them so you wouldn't claim to have a relationship with them either. I think this applies to football too.

Oxford Dictionary:

"A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing"

MW:

1. An enthusiastic devotee

2. An ardent admirer or enthusiast

Dictionary.com

An enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity etc

Seriously, I will actually be really happy if you find me a definition of "fan" in any dictionary anywhere that classes attending performances as a prerequisite for fandom. At the most, it is one possible signifier of somebody's attitude towards a "sport, pastime, celebrity etc" - it might be evidence that suggests somebody is a fan - but it is not a defining factor in being one. Again, read the No True Scotsman page from start to finish and then try and make your current argument with a straight face. You are trying to redefine a term to suit your own ideas and biases.

I think there is a key part in your post which demonstrates how gravely you misunderstand the relationship between a "fan" and whatever he is a "fan" of. You said: "You wouldn't call yourself friends with someone else you've never met or talked to would you? You have no shared experiences with them so you wouldn't claim to have a relationship with them either. I think this applies to football too."

You surely must see how nonsensical this is? They are different relationships and aren't comparable at all. Being a fan requires no active reciprocation from the recipient of your affection whatsoever. "Friends" implies a mutual exchange of affection or whatever emotion chiefly connects the two parties - that's why I don't say I am friends with Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden - I am a fan of his, not a friend of his. I have all the information and "experiences" I need to be able to be "an enthusiastic devotee or admirer" without ever having seen the band play live and without him ever being aware of my existence. I might have heard their music on CDs, online, or on the tele. At which point in this process can I call myself a "fan" and safely avoid being told I am not one by you?

Here's the long and short of it - you don't get to tell everybody else what a "fan" is and whether or not they qualify as one.

Alot of my mates are Liverpool fans they go to the odd game a few have season tickets and a tiny group go to European away games, can remember when Liverpool won the Champ's League against AC Milan and and I was in a shithole pub with them and the whole place was buzzing as they made that famous comeback from being 3-0 down at half time. Just when Gerrard was about to lift the Cup i snuck behind the bar a ripped the sky card out the box, i just couldnt resist it but they went fvcking mental

Remember watching the Barcelona United Champions League final years back in York. Me and a group of friends who all despise Utd. When cheering the Barca win at the final whistle the United fans near us told us to "Fvck off back to Spain". Oh the irony.

Really can't stand Man Utd.

And as for those Leicester people who support Man U, the lowest of the low.

I might be a bit primeval but I am of the belief you support your local team.

When I lived in Portsmouth, I still tried to see Leicester when I could but I would also go and watch Pompey because I loved live football, but if Leicester played Pompey there was no doubt who I supported.

These Man U scum in Leicester are not from Manchester. They are the worst sort of supporters, no imagination whatsoever. They just chose the biggest most successful club they could think of when growing up. They had no real parental guidance.

Any in the Leicester end deserve what comes to them.

Come on City, thrash the United scum.

Spot on.

Oxford Dictionary:

"A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing"

MW:

1. An enthusiastic devotee

2. An ardent admirer or enthusiast

Dictionary.com

An enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity etc

Seriously, I will actually be really happy if you find me a definition of "fan" in any dictionary anywhere that classes attending performances as a prerequisite for fandom. At the most, it is one possible signifier of somebody's attitude towards a "sport, pastime, celebrity etc" - it might be evidence that suggests somebody is a fan - but it is not a defining factor in being one. Again, read the No True Scotsman page from start to finish and then try and make your current argument with a straight face. You are trying to redefine a term to suit your own ideas and biases.

I think there is a key part in your post which demonstrates how gravely you misunderstand the relationship between a "fan" and whatever he is a "fan" of. You said: "You wouldn't call yourself friends with someone else you've never met or talked to would you? You have no shared experiences with them so you wouldn't claim to have a relationship with them either. I think this applies to football too."

You surely must see how nonsensical this is? They are different relationships and aren't comparable at all. Being a fan requires no active reciprocation from the recipient of your affection whatsoever. "Friends" implies a mutual exchange of affection or whatever emotion chiefly connects the two parties - that's why I don't say I am friends with Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden - I am a fan of his, not a friend of his. I have all the information and "experiences" I need to be able to be "an enthusiastic devotee or admirer" without ever having seen the band play live and without him ever being aware of my existence. I might have heard their music on CDs, online, or on the tele. At which point in this process can I call myself a "fan" and safely avoid being told I am not one by you?

Here's the long and short of it - you don't get to tell everybody else what a "fan" is and whether or not they qualify as one.

All your bullshit has made me tired, thank you, goodnight

Archived