Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United match thread

Quotes from Van de man "On the back of last week's shellacking of a woeful QPR, and in the wake of a shopping spree that has been the envy of most of Europe, the Dutchman this week cast aside any fears of complacency going into today's game at Leicester.

"I have analysed them three times," he said. "I prepare all my matches very thoroughly. I know all about the games they have played already and the game they lost to a minor team [shrewsbury] in the Capital One Cup.
"I know everything about the team, about individuals, substitutes, what the atmosphere will be like in the stadium, how they take free-kicks, everything."
He even knows how to get off that ring road near the ground. The man is a genius.

Bet he didn't see NP chuck this team at him"

Decent team. Cambiasso woohoo.

Nugent will have a few chances today I feel, I hope he can get a goal. Vardy will be lethal. 

Always a shame to see Mahrez on the bench as he is one of my favourites but Nugent will track back more. Mahrez to come on towards the end and put the Man U players on their arses.

Bit worried about Konchesky with no pacey cover in front of him (unless Vardy is out on the left?). He's done a fantastic job with Schlupp/Mahrez in front of him to track the opposition wingers, but on his own I think he's possibly a weak point in our defence. It's not gonna be an easy afternoon for him at any rate.

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

Hammond Cambiasso

Nugent Drinkwater Vardy

Ulloa

----------------------o----------------------

van Persie ------ Falcao

Rooney

di Maria ------ Herrera

Blind

Rojo Blackett Evans Rafael

de Gea

3-2 us.

Typical Sky Sports, "Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria, drool drool". I think the viewing public know a bit about these already, how about broadening their knowledge of the likes of Liam Moore, the story of Vardy going from non league to starting today etc. There's a bit on Cambiasso coming up because their in depth knowledge of the game means they've just about heard of him, but come on guys there's two teams playing today.

Something positive, Van Gaal (he of double act Giggsy and Pigsy) rates us as a better team than both Burnley and Sunderland.

Archived