Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Jamie Vardy

His workrate makes him a likeable player. Fans always appreciate those players who just work hard. Thankfully, other aspects of his game are brilliant as well. I fancy him to run at most defenders.

Great article here by Alan Smith in today's Telegraph, all about our man: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11112180/Jamie-Vardy-announces-himself-after-terrorising-Manchester-United-for-Leicester-City.html. There are several other articles linked to it, about the match, and all very fair.

I said in the premier league thread I wouldn't swap him for anyone bar Ronaldo messi or maybe Suarez and bale. I was being a bit sarcastic but seriously there's not a single player who we could realistically attract that I'd want more than Jamie Vardy. When I saw he was in th team yesterday you just knew it would be good.

I applaud your confidence but £20m is ridiculous, he has payed one great 90 minutes in the Prem this season, England shouldn't even be on his radar all he should be thinking about is solidifying his place in the Leicester starting XI.

you are right he terrorized the United defence at times today butt everyone know how much of a shambles that back 4 is

£20 million ffs. Take a spell on the sidelines buddy, you're done.

Enthusiasm is great, but if you want to make a judgement on the season so far, I guess Villa will qualify for Champions League.  :blink:

Well I had hoped that the tongue-in-cheek nature of that comment was more obvious... Never mind! Will try harder next time!

In all seriousness though, the idea of an England call up isn't such a bad idea. Roy should be trying new things and making surprising decisions - the status quo of choosing the most prominent PL players clearly isn't worked and hasn't for a while. Remember all the derision and shock when Heskey was called up and started against Argentina? He ended up as MOTM. And since we're playing Sam Marino and Estonia next month it might be a good idea to try some new things.

Utterly brilliant on Sunday. He was involved in every goal. Other than the obvious - I'm sure others must have mentioned this - he thinks so quickly; for the third goal he had the ball at his feet and his awareness was such that he effectively laid it off for Cambiasso to strike. Marvelous player and to those Man U apologists on the Guardian comments section, just watch him progress throughout this season. That performance was by no means a one-off. 

Utterly brilliant on Sunday. He was involved in every goal. Other than the obvious - I'm sure others must have mentioned this - he thinks so quickly; for the third goal he had the ball at his feet and his awareness was such that he effectively laid it off for Cambiasso to strike. Marvelous player and to those Man U apologists on the Guardian comments section, just watch him progress throughout this season. That performance was by no means a one-off. 

Agreed, this performance was not a one off, he looked great when he came on against Arsenal. A lots been said about his pace and strength but for me what sets him apart from average players is his vision and control to knock the ball into space.

Agreed, this performance was not a one off, he looked great when he came on against Arsenal. A lots been said about his pace and strength but for me what sets him apart from average players is his vision and control to knock the ball into space.

Naah, what sets him apart is that he's cool as ice when it comes to finishing.

Nugent did a great job on Blind, but if it had been him taking that shot, I wouldn't have fancied him to finish it.

He'd breath fresh air into the England squad. Him and Sterling running at defence would be fun.

Rooney would probably have a mardy about it though

Sad thing is, Rooney should be nowhere near the England team, yet alone captaining it! He's so far past it its unreal, you get one flash of brilliance every 4-5 games at the mo, doesn't warrant a place IMO.

I might try to find my old "Vardy for England" topic that I created last season - no one thought it was possible - I got laughed at on numerous occasions. Now, he's one step closer, surely!?

If you check out my profile i wrote when will vardy get england call up Nov 20th last year :thumbup:

I hope to **** he doesn't get an England call up. Not this season at least. Don't need him going and getting injured.

He at least needs a sustained run in this league before getting chucked into contention on the back of one game.

Yes - I very much doubt that England's sports science set up is anywhere near as good as ours. We need to take care of him.

Archived