Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Jamie Vardy

After reading about 100 match reports, I am amazed that NO ONE in the media could have ever seen Vardy play before. It's as if that was his first game since he played non-league football. I could understand if it was a one off performanee, but he played like this for most of last season. :nigel:

Guest seanfox778

I'm probably being biased as I'm not an England fan but I wouldn't want any of our players involved in the England camp, just yet at least. England are so negative and the papers are straight on the players backs regardless of performances which I think will only have a bad effect right now, I think they should just enjoy their club football with us and once they are consistent in the league maybe involve them in a few friendlies. Also players seem to get injured on international duty a lot. I might just be being selfish though :D    

The more i watch the Vardy goal the more i see just how good it is., For a striker the goals that you score when you have no time to think lets call them instinct goals are the easiest to score. With his goal he had to run from the half way line wait for the great pass from De Laet control it keep his composure and stay cool then slot it home, its the type of goal when you can make mistakes because you have so much more time to think but he made it look so easy its really the icing on the cake for his MOTM award

The more i watch the Vardy goal the more i see just how good it is., For a striker the goals that you score when you have no time to think lets call them instinct goals are the easiest to score. With his goal he had to run from the half way line wait for the great pass from De Laet control it keep his composure and stay cool then slot it home, its the type of goal when you can make mistakes because you have so much more time to think but he made it look so easy its really the icing on the cake for his MOTM award

First touch was perfect as well.

The more i watch the Vardy goal the more i see just how good it is., For a striker the goals that you score when you have no time to think lets call them instinct goals are the easiest to score. With his goal he had to run from the half way line wait for the great pass from De Laet control it keep his composure and stay cool then slot it home, its the type of goal when you can make mistakes because you have so much more time to think but he made it look so easy its really the icing on the cake for his MOTM award

I love that before he even strikes, he knows he has already scored. You can tell from his body language. No hesitation, just put it away. Class

It was a carbon copy of Nugent s chance against Chelsea... If only that had gone in!!!!!

it was however the difference in Courtois positioning compared to De Gea could not be further apart.

Courtois came out quick and got his angles perfect. De Gea had no clue where he was and left a gaping hole for Vardy to pass it into the net. not taking anything away from Vardy as I think his first touch made De Gea look lost and have no clue of his angles.

After reading about 100 match reports, I am amazed that NO ONE in the media could have ever seen Vardy play before. It's as if that was his first game since he played non-league football. I could understand if it was a one off performanee, but he played like this for most of last season. :nigel:

The whole team played like that last season and although the utter elation was felt by everyone because we had beaten Man U, i suspect a large section always thought we could overhaul them even when we went 2-0 down. I know when Ulloa scored his header my first thought was C'mon we can have these. 

lol I thought that. I guess doing it at home in a 5-3 win vs man u live on sky gets people talking a bit more than turning it on away at barnsley on a tuesday night

Still it came as no real surprise to us, now when he does it every week it won't shock the rest of the world either

it was however the difference in Courtois positioning compared to De Gea could not be further apart.

Courtois came out quick and got his angles perfect. De Gea had no clue where he was and left a gaping hole for Vardy to pass it into the net. not taking anything away from Vardy as I think his first touch made De Gea look lost and have no clue of his angles.

Vardy's was more central and in more space to be fair to Nugent/De Gea.

did anyone actually think he wasn't going to score as soon as he controlled the ball? usually when a striker goes through on goal i'll sorta half stand up and hope they score, but be fully prepared for them to miss. i was almost already celebrating as soon as he was past the last man. so was vardy. so confident and cool. 

That Metro report is a very, very poor piece of journalism. The bottom line is that all players cheat - which player doesn't appeal for a throw in / corner that he knows full well should go to the other team. Vardy undoubtedly bullied / harried the United defence, but they didn't fight back.

In the old days, Pallister, Bruce, Keane et al would have got there retaliation in first. Rafael may be a top player, but it's obvious he's not too blessed in the brain cell department. 

All players obstruct, and to say Vardy fowled Blackett is laughable when you see the holding that goes on when a corner is taken. 

Vardy is an old school type of player and that shoulder charge on Rafael is a typical non league challenge. I know because I used to watch Boston United in the late 80's / early 90's. No one complained, just got on with the game. United's defence is clearly not up for the fight and now the rest of the division know they are a bunch of lightweights, I think they are in for a long season.

If you go on the Red Cafe Forum, Jamie Vardy has his own thread - apart from some fair comments, the vast majority are so hateful its unbelievable. As if everyone who has ever played for United has always been white than white.

For what it's worth - isn't Metro a Manchester rag, anyway? Of course, you'll run into biased reports in there, as the Metro world ends with the GMA boundaries.

For what it's worth - isn't Metro a Manchester rag, anyway? Of course, you'll run into biased reports in there, as the Metro world ends with the GMA boundaries.

The Metro is a national newspaper given away free at train / tube stations & on buses. It is a rag though, you wouldn't want to pay money for it.

Guest bss9401

Vardy's performance was equal to any I have seen in 35 years of watching Leicester. Pure striker masterclass. Credit to him for tearing them up so much that it has inspired hate threads from the most hated but deluded bunch of football fans. Arise Sir Jamie!!

Archived