Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

LCFC - Thai Academy.

Not sure if this has already been reported, but read in the Thai Nation Newspaper

(19thSeptember, 2014) that LCFC are to invest Bt200 million in a project that aims to produce Thailand's first EPL player.

Leicester vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha yesterday launched the "Siamese

Foxes Academy", to help talented youngsters realise their dreams of a professional

career in the world's most popular league.

Aiyawatt said the project is a priority for the East Midlands club, which is back in

Premier League after a 10-year hiatus.

"Our academy is modelled on that of Manchester United, who brought young, talented players from all over England to their academy, with many of them becoming first-team

members.

"We think Thai youngsters are just as good, so we set aside Bt200 million for the

Siamese Foxes Academy project. We'll search for young players, aged 16 and under, across the country.

"The preliminary selection will take place in five regions, starting on October 15,

to find 110 local talents. For the final round, officials from Leicester academy led

by John Rudkin, the academy director, will take part in selecting the final 16 players

who will fly to England to train for two years. They will be offered schooling and

college education options while staying there."

Aiyawatt insisted the Foxes would have no qualms in offering Thai young guns

contracts.

"If anyone of them does well enough to catch the eye of our coaches, we would

certainly sign him up. Even though we would face many difficulties in signing a playerwho comes from a country ranked below 75th place in the world rankings, we would try

to do everything in our capacity to bring him to the club if he proves to be really

good. We're prepared to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport," said

Aiyawatt.

I'm all for searching out for next best player and would welcome what City are doing in Thailand.

Wish they would give this opportunity to a lot of local lads too as I feel the scouting system for youth in Leicester isn't always the best- A lot of good players have gone under the radar and never given the opportunity

Not sure if this has already been reported, but read in the Thai Nation Newspaper

(19thSeptember, 2014) that LCFC are to invest Bt200 million in a project that aims to produce Thailand's first EPL player.

Leicester vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha yesterday launched the "Siamese

Foxes Academy", to help talented youngsters realise their dreams of a professional

Aiyawatt said the project is a priority for the East Midlands club, which is back in

"Our academy is ..................

Fvck ...im not sure thats what i would call it :)

I'm all for searching out for next best player and would welcome what City are doing in Thailand.

Wish they would give this opportunity to a lot of local lads too as I feel the scouting system for youth in Leicester isn't always the best- A lot of good players have gone under the radar and never given the opportunity

We have 3 academy products featuring regularly. Who's gone under the radar? What are you basing this on?

You must have forgotten the investment in the local academy that got us category one status...

We have 3 academy products featuring regularly. Who's gone under the radar? What are you basing this on?

Basing it on a lot of lads I know! Unfortunately the system isn't a clear and colourful as made out in match day programmes.

Yes it's good that there is 3 academy players in there which I like- there could of been a lot more that made it through especially in previous years but unfortunately wasn't the case

Thing is though that's football if a player isn't good enough then they have to be sold/released and the same goes for the academy.

Totally agree but it's not always down to ability. I was first mentioning the scouting network around leicester for youth too, I don't feel as if the club is as active for youth in Leicester as they maybe could

Basing it on a lot of lads I know! Unfortunately the system isn't a clear and colourful as made out in match day programmes.

Yes it's good that there is 3 academy players in there which I like- there could of been a lot more that made it through especially in previous years but unfortunately wasn't the case

That's our academy set up, I never said our academy set up was in a poor state- I was talking about the scouting networking

I understand your point, and to highlight your point further:

King: Barnstaple

Schlupp: Hamburg

Moore: Loughborough

However, as has been said, only the best will get through, and that has included, Shilton, Lineker, Heskey etc. 

I am sure our local scouting could be improved, but it isn't something I am terribly concerned about tbf. As long as our academy can continue to nurture talent, I don't really care where they were born.

Like to put a few names to that  comment Dan ?

Don't start with yourself or members of your family as that would be quite embarrassing ..

Totally agree but it's not always down to ability. I was first mentioning the scouting network around leicester for youth too, I don't feel as if the club is as active for youth in Leicester as they maybe could

How many scouts would you like to see out there every Sat / Sun ?

Or do you mean active in another context ?

"Our academy is modelled on that of Manchester United, who brought young, talented players from all over England to their academy, with many of them becoming first-team

members.

"We think Thai youngsters are just as good, so we set aside Bt200 million for the

Siamese Foxes Academy project. We'll search for young players, aged 16 and under, across the country.

"The preliminary selection will take place in five regions, starting on October 15,

to find 110 local talents. For the final round, officials from Leicester academy led

by John Rudkin, the academy director, will take part in selecting the final 16 players

who will fly to England to train for two years. They will be offered schooling and

college education options while staying there."

Aiyawatt insisted the Foxes would have no qualms in offering Thai young guns

contracts.

"If anyone of them does well enough to catch the eye of our coaches, we would

certainly sign him up. Even though we would face many difficulties in signing a playerwho comes from a country ranked below 75th place in the world rankings, we would try

to do everything in our capacity to bring him to the club if he proves to be really

good. We're prepared to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport," said

Aiyawatt.

I like this.  Twenty years ago you didn't see players from established East Asian countries like Japan and South Korea in the top divisions in Europe, things have changed now.  This may just get us to tap the potential footballing stars of a nation and make us their 'go-to' Premiership club.

Like to put a few names to that comment Dan ?

Don't start with yourself or members of your family as that would be quite embarrassing ..

Haha I'm sorry mate, do you know the same people I know? lol just because I know people that have been around doesn't mean they are well known now- some are playing pro, some are semi pro and some don't play football at all anymore.

I'm not going to mention no names but some people haven't furthered their development with Leicester because their face hasn't fitted in and not down to ability wise.

How many scouts would you like to see out there every Sat / Sun ?

Or do you mean active in another context ?

Doesn't need to be a figure, just more presence! You hear of a lot more trials/academy places for youngsters with Notts/Cov/Northampton than with Leicester who live in Leicester

Maybe they just weren't good enough.

Haha I'm sorry mate, do you know the same people I know? lol just because I know people that have been around doesn't mean they are well known now- some are playing pro, some are semi pro and some don't play football at all anymore.

I'm not going to mention no names but some people haven't furthered their development with Leicester because their face hasn't fitted in and not down to ability wise.

Maybe they should think about changing their face.

Archived