Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Perspective

Easy to get carried away with Sunday, but how would you judge our real position at this stage?

Without question, looking at the results, you could say we are doing excellent, but are we getting carried away?

My view is that the level of effort, together with the quality in certain areas means we will definately stay up. There will be enough quality and fight to see this through. We have enough in the tank to do the job in hand, so even at this point in the season and with a manager with such a level head, we should very easily stay up.

A word of caution though. We have passages of play, but I think in all games our percentage of possession is certainly under that of the opposition. We certainly don't doninate teams. We got battered by Stoke in the first half and we litteraly were spectators at Chelsea away. I also personally think Stoke away was a better achievement that Man U at home based on the current Man U frailties.

So I think we have some very good quality in areas, together with a spirit to see us through, which in itself is enough to see us over the line. But we don't doninate teams and I don't think we will be able to in this league, so I think there will be a few dark days ahead that is for sure.

Another major positive is that NP has built in options. We aren't the best in certain areas, but we genuinly could set out to play a number of ways dependent on our opposition.

My prediction, and one I would have bit your hand off at the start of the season - 13th

I said it before but Burnley Home will be a test of whether we have the adaptability we need.  We'll be expected to dominate possession and win the game and won't be able to sit deep and counter like we have done in other games this season.  Cambiasso is a critical part of that as he is so comfortable in possession and makes others around him feel more comfortable on the ball, which we will need to see off the likes of Burnley.

Guest bennytwohats

It's early days.

So many teams have come up flying before, correct me if I'm wrong but first season Blackpool were up they were flying, playing open, attacking football that was great to watch. Later went on a slump and were relegated.

At the moment we are buzzing from being in the Premier League, also carrying the momentum from last season with us - so in a way I'm not surprised we have started brightly. That said, I never imagined us doing so well out of those five fixtures!

On the other hand, we do genuinely look like we can cut it in this league, which is great to see.

I said 14th at the start of the season (under my optimistic, biased Leicester hat). I think not being in a relegation scrap come April would be an incredible achievement for our first season so that is what I'm hoping for. One game at a time though.

Was anybody genuinely expecting us to dominate teams in terms of possession like we did last year? I can't think in all honesty that they did. But we have a great platform to grow from and if we keep gaining points whilst only getting 30-40% possession then who cares?

Perspective? We have lost 2 league games in 2014.

One away at comfortably the best team in the country atm and one when everyone was hungover. Nice.

I think we'll struggle vs Burnley. They'll take a 0-0 and just got a feeling it might be frustrating for us.

As for comparisons with Blackpool when they came up and started well, they surprised teams and then when they lost their shock factor they got done. We're not just surprising teams were genuinely playing good football. Also squad depth differs to Blackpool. Once they hit winter injuries and suspension took a few players away and they were down to the bare bones. Our squad depth at the moment is ridiculous. Knockaert, albrighton, wood, Powell etc can't even make the bench half the time. Hamer has already shown we might even be ok if Kasper gets a knock. We've got 2 good right backs, once upson is fit that's 4 solid cbs, midfield and attack speaks for itself.

Yep we are very direct. Not boring long ball newly promoted direct, but get the ball back, get it forward at pace and get in behind at every opportunity. We don't tend to build from the back, Moore and Morgan aren't spending 5 minutes a time knocking it back and forward to each other, at the first chance either gets it's going wide to konchesky or RDL and we're running at a defence. It's great to watch. Who cares about possession stats?

Yep we are very direct. Not boring long ball newly promoted direct, but get the ball back, get it forward at pace and get in behind at every opportunity. We don't tend to build from the back, Moore and Morgan aren't spending 5 minutes a time knocking it back and forward to each other, at the first chance either gets it's going wide to konchesky or RDL and we're running at a defence. It's great to watch. Who cares about possession stats?

Exactly mate. We've executed it against the top teams as well

As someone said we don't pass it just to knock it around. We don't just keep possession, we try to do something with it. Lots of teams under the Barca template try to keep the ball as a form of defence as well. They look at it from the point of view that if the other team doesn't have the ball they can't hurt them. This is true, to an extent. However, when we get the ball we are immediately looking at how we can hurt the opposition. 

I agree I think we may find it difficult against other teams in the league like Villa, West Brom, Burnley, Palace etc... who will put it onto us to attack them. As many have said, that is the real test for this season. I do agree but even if you have the plan to counter the big teams, you've got to implement it successfully. We have done that and more. We could have even had 3 points against Arsenal and a better result vs. Chelsea. All that without "parking the bus" as well.

I'm just looking forward to perhaps being more favoured in a match. It will be interesting to see how we can cope. However, as I said in another thread, we have a team that can play many different ways. If we have to be patient and probe the opposition, like we will do against Burnley (h) and maybe Palace (a), I am still confident we can execute that plan just as well.

Top half. My initial prediction was a fairly comfortable 15th but its been revised up to 10th with recent performances.

We are awesome. A superb defensive spine in Morgan and Moore supported by Was if required.Konchesky has surprised me with his levels of performances and Da Laet is a player.

Simpson who has more experience than Morgan/Moore/Da Laet put together in the PL can't even get a look in.

Midfield has turned into a catalogue of riches in the squad. Hammond playing awesome. Cambiasso. Drinkwater. James. King. Knocky and Mahrez there too and Albrighton with his PL experience. Jeff Schulpp causing problems.

Up top we have Ulloa. Who just looks so happy and the best striker I have personally seen play for Leicester. Vardy causing severe problems supported by Nugent and Wood who now have a goal each.

This could also be a shockingly good season. 10th is not the maximum I feel we can achieve. Everton have started badly and have extra European games to contend with. Spurs have another new manager and far too many egos who lack passion. Liverpool don't have Suarez and if Sterling hits poor patch of form will struggle. Manures defensive woe and new system under Van Gaal is well documented.

A lot of sides who preseason virtually everyone would predict would finish miles above us have problems.

The sky is the limit. Aim for the stars.

Hi all lurker for many years. Season ticket holder since a kid at filbo. Im genuinely worried that the excitement of following Leicester has reached its maximum. I just cant see it ever being as good as it was on sunday again. Im afraid of coming home disapointed from a 1 nil win now after that.

Easy to get carried away with Sunday, but how would you judge our real position at this stage?

Without question, looking at the results, you could say we are doing excellent, but are we getting carried away?

My view is that the level of effort, together with the quality in certain areas means we will definately stay up. There will be enough quality and fight to see this through. We have enough in the tank to do the job in hand, so even at this point in the season and with a manager with such a level head, we should very easily stay up.

A word of caution though. We have passages of play, but I think in all games our percentage of possession is certainly under that of the opposition. We certainly don't doninate teams. We got battered by Stoke in the first half and we litteraly were spectators at Chelsea away. I also personally think Stoke away was a better achievement that Man U at home based on the current Man U frailties.

So I think we have some very good quality in areas, together with a spirit to see us through, which in itself is enough to see us over the line. But we don't doninate teams and I don't think we will be able to in this league, so I think there will be a few dark days ahead that is for sure.

Another major positive is that NP has built in options. We aren't the best in certain areas, but we genuinly could set out to play a number of ways dependent on our opposition.

My prediction, and one I would have bit your hand off at the start of the season - 13th

Spot on as usual Rob  :thumbup:

I'd heed your own advice to garner some perspective if you're bemoaning our lack of possession and the fact we haven't dominated against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.

One away at comfortably the best team in the country atm and one when everyone was hungover. Nice.

And we stole two of their best players as revenge. Looking forward to the arrival of Fabregas and Costa in January.

yes of course we are getting carried away and almost certainly we will come down to earth with a bump...probably against a team we 'now expect' to beat easily......but I'm certainly going to enjoy it up till then and when it happens i'm going to keep a sense of perspective and not get to worried about it...its going to be a roller coaster and, so far, a much better ride then many of us could have dreamed of.

yes the results have been fantastic, but Its the attitude and commitment that is filling me with a sense of excitement...i just cant remember feeling like this since the O'Neil years...the team has real resilience and you just sense that if we are to be put to the sword by anyone then we will die hard...very hard

Archived