Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

That is the only comment I hear from Nugent defenders.

If the only positive about a player is that he 'has done' something then I'm afraid you just prove he isn't good enough.

What has he done so far this season? We look like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Vardy is quicker, Mahrez is better at everything, ulloa is a better target man and finisher, wood is a better finisher....Why does he play?

He is simply benefiting from a side doing so well, that is why he hasn't been dropped.

If the only positive about a player is that he 'has done' something then I'm afraid you just prove he isn't good enough.

What has he done so far this season? We look like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Vardy is quicker, Mahrez is better at everything, ulloa is a better target man and finisher, wood is a better finisher....Why does he play?

He is simply benefiting from a side doing so well, that is why he hasn't been dropped.

I agree. Honestly, I don't think he was particularly fantastic last season, other than his work rate.

He just isn't really a threat, other from the penalty spot. Maybe when we're against a top team and need his work rate, but going forward he's quite often ineffective. 

You're still doing this?

Nugent is the link between midfield and attack and very versatile.

If you don't understand his role within the squad and need a scapegoat, how about you start looking at yourself and your expectations?

Link between the midfield and attack?

Is that why we were so direct today...because nugent is so bloody inept and linking, finishing and anything except for running.

Ok you're getting obsessed with him now.  Stop it.

You're still doing this?

Nugent is the link between midfield and attack and very versatile.

If you don't understand his role within the squad and need a scapegoat, how about you start looking at yourself and your expectations?

You say he is the link between the midfield and attack. Not today. We had nobody playing between the lines which is why we had no options available and resorted to the long ball dross. We had 60+% possession and had virtually no creativity. Nugent is not an attacking midfielder/number 10, he doesn't have the vision to pick passes and create for others, he works hard but that is it essentially. I would much rather have a Mahrez/Knockaert/ Powell in there against Burnley. 

Do people not see he has cost us points already this season?

Cost us the lead at Chelsea, and again today....he hasn't won us any points yet....

Bollocks to that. Fvck off.

Strikers miss chances all the time. It's not like he gifted the ball to Costa and Hazard for their goals is it. 

You gonna have a go at Vardy today for missing a gilt-edged chance? 

"Grewks" you always seem to be very reactionary especially with regards to Nugent, how come?

I watch our games.

But in all honesty....I don't give a toss who we play just as long as he...

a) Puts in a shift

b) Looks like he has something to offer.

I don't criticize nugent for the sake of it, I just don't rate him.

Bollocks to that. Fvck off.

Strikers miss chances all the time. It's not like he gifted the ball to Costa and Hazard for their goals is it. 

You gonna have a go at Vardy today for missing a gilt-edged chance? 

Vardy won us three points this season..Nugent has only cost us points thus far, and already done it twice.

You say he is the link between the midfield and attack. Not today. We had nobody playing between the lines which is why we had no options available and resorted to the long ball dross. We had 60+% possession and had virtually no creativity. Nugent is not an attacking midfielder/number 10, he doesn't have the vision to pick passes and create for others, he works hard but that is it essentially. I would much rather have a Mahrez/Knockaert/ Powell in there against Burnley. 

I agree with this - and since Nugent isn't the typical attacking midfielder, but moreso an attacker, he has his talents elsewhere - work rate, scoring, initiating attacking play by roaming the area in between the attacking half and the halfway line. Today he had to fill out a role he's not that comfortable with, seeing the lack of support coming from the middle. Why we didn't keep the ball on the ground and attempted at getting to the Palace box on the ground for most part, is beyond me.

It felt as if the game was passing him by.

Do people not see he has cost us points already this season?

Cost us the lead at Chelsea, and again today....he hasn't won us any points yet....

How so? Because he missed a one on one. 

Sound. I thought we all supported Leicester City FC, not Dave Nugent FC.

Archived