Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

ulloa was categorically one million percent worse than nugent today. wtf were you watching. ulloa controlled the ball about once all game. nugent was pretty crap but i imagine it's hard to be any good when you're coming into a game full of a team playing utter shite.

What is obvious after last week is your agenda to remove Nuge from the side. And to defend Ulloa. We'll see if this improves us.

I hear what you're saying, but is it really just a case of one loony fan calling for a player to be dropped against the weight of public opinion?

I mean, he was actually dropped today, wasn't he?! So Grewks clearly isn't the only one thinking he might not be starting 11 material!

I hear what you're saying, but is it really just a case of one loony fan calling for a player to be dropped against the weight of public opinion?

I mean, he was actually dropped today, wasn't he?! So Grewks clearly isn't the only one thinking he might not be starting 11 material!

We don't know the reason why Nugent was dropped to the bench against Burnley - so it all remains simple guess work.

ulloa was categorically one million percent worse than nugent today. wtf were you watching. ulloa controlled the ball about once all game. nugent was pretty crap but i imagine it's hard to be any good when you're coming into a game full of a team playing utter shite.

I like Nugent but his performance yesterday was atrocious.

He single-handedly wasted 4 or 5 great counter-attacking opportunities by ambling forward rather than running, didn't press the ball at all and his final ball was abysmal.

Just because Ulloa was poor it doesn't excuse Nugent's performance. Probably the worst substitute appearance I can remember under Pearson.

Grewks can't wait for his little moment lol lol.

Only plays about half an hour in a poor game overall and still manages some stick lol. Ulloa was probably one of our worst players but Nugent still gets the forefront of stick. 

Difficult for him yesterday - not sure what brief he'd have been given...push for a 3rd or play safe? It seems the whole team didn't quite know.

For what it's worth, I though Nuge did OK when he came on! I must've been watching a different game. He was certainly an improvement on Ulloa who's had 2 very poor games in succession now. 

What is obvious after last week is your agenda to remove Nuge from the side. And to defend Ulloa. We'll see if this improves us.

Where is your and others posts ranting at Pearson?

He clearly felt the same as me towards Nugent and as a result dropped him. So why am I getting stick for suggesting a change to the squad before the manager makes it?

Remember we were 2-1 up before nugent came on. Not that it was his fault we conceded, but I would argue he was the main factor in us not getting us a 3rd, his quality on the ball was so poor it was not an overreaction to suggest it was 'sunday league'. His pressing was abysmal aswell, didn't do it at all in comparison to an INJURED Ulloa.

Criticizing my decision to defend Ulloa is also laughable. How can you criticize me for defending a player who has scored more goals in open play, after moving to a new club, for a record transfer fee, in a league he has never played in before, yet defend a guy who has played for us for a solid 3-4 years, a regular, with a point to prove in the top flight where he is our second most experienced player who has scored less in open play during the last 18 months than Ulloa has in 7 games?

You cannot criticize me for defending a guy who is clearly a better player and goalscorer, when you are defending a player with more experience in England, at this level and at this club, who has been extremely poor. Especially when there Is no evidence to back up your points.

Vendetta?

I don't want to have to call for any of our players to be dropped.

It is just an opinion I have had for the last 18 months. He has yet to prove me wrong, so I will continue to voice my opinion.

I would be delighted if he scored a hat-trick at Newcastle to win us the game, but I cannot see us getting 3 penalties in a single game.

The funny thing is.....people who oppose my opinion don't support nugent by claiming he does this well, he has been playing well etc....they just criticize me for having an opinion which based on the facts is clearly correct.

Here's a fact for you pal. You got your wish of dropping one of our most important players an we turned in out worst performance in a good 18 months. Explain that one and make it sound like it was nugent's fault, I know you want to.

Here's a fact for you pal. You got your wish of dropping one of our most important players an we turned in out worst performance in a good 18 months. Explain that one and make it sound like it was nugent's fault, I know you want to.

It most definitely wasn't our worst performance in 18 months and Nugent is not one of our most important players.

You do realise that before he came on it was 2-1?

Was it his fault that Jukebox dominated Moore for 90 minutes? No

Was it his fault that Nige decided to stick with a formation which was getting outplayed for the whole second half? No

Was it his fault the defence played so deep? No

But, after he came on we conceded, he wasted our 3-4 best counter attacking opportunities and pressed less than every player who had been on for the full game.

Explain to me why he should avoid criticism?

Was it his fault that Jukebox dominated Moore for 90 minutes? No

Was it his fault that Nige decided to stick with a formation which was getting outplayed for the whole second half? No

But, after he came on we conceded, he wasted our 3-4 best counter attacking opportunities and pressed less than every player who had been on for the full game.

yes and even at 2-1 up we'd played very poorly throughout.

no none of that was his fault, well done.

Vardy had two one on ones with Michael keane in injury time and lost the ball both times. not mentioned. knockaert lost the ball down in the corner trying to take on his man about a minute before they scored, not mentioned. Moore and Morgan both went up for a comer in injury time instead of just holding it and running the clock down. have you mentioned that...?

nugent isn't void of criticism, I said he wasn't up to much in his cameo but he's probably the last person id look to to blame yesterday's shower on, especially as he didn't play for most of it. yet he's the first person you've blamed. but no agenda or vendetta from yourself obviously, it was definitely just all his fault. yep.

Good lord. We were doing fine until 60 minutes with the Mahrez-Vardy combo. He came on and didn't change the rhythm of the game in our favour at all. Are you going to now claim he MOTM? 

Ffs

yes and even at 2-1 up we'd played very poorly throughout.

no none of that was his fault, well done.

Vardy had two one on ones with Michael keane in injury time and lost the ball both times. not mentioned. knockaert lost the ball down in the corner trying to take on his man about a minute before they scored, not mentioned. Moore and Morgan both went up for a comer in injury time instead of just holding it and running the clock down. have you mentioned that...?

nugent isn't void of criticism, I said he wasn't up to much in his cameo but he's probably the last person id look to to blame yesterday's shower on, especially as he didn't play for most of it. yet he's the first person you've blamed. but no agenda or vendetta from yourself obviously, it was definitely just all his fault. yep.

Read my comments and you will see I put 'he wasn't to blame for us losing'.

The start of this thread I said he had been poor for 18 months, in my opinion. He was poor again yesterday, as you have admitted, so why are you coming in here and arguing with me when you have no point?

If I wanted to criticize other players for their performances yesterday (I have already said moore was poor, but so was kasper, Hammond, ulloa) then they will be in the correct place of the post match thread.

This thread gives my opinion on nugent...so why would it include points such as other players performances when they are much better placed in other threads?

Good lord. We were doing fine until 60 minutes with the Mahrez-Vardy combo. He came on and didn't change the rhythm of the game in our favour at all. Are you going to now claim he MOTM?

Ffs

lol what

he wasn't very good when he came on, as I've now said 4 times.

and if you think that before he came on we were "doing fine" you've got something wrong with you

Read my comments and you will see I put 'he wasn't to blame for us losing'.

The start of this thread I said he had been poor for 18 months, in my opinion. He was poor again yesterday, as you have admitted, so why are you coming in here and arguing with me when you have no point?

If I wanted to criticize other players for their performances yesterday (I have already said moore was poor, but so was kasper, Hammond, ulloa) then they will be in the correct place of the post match thread.

This thread gives my opinion on nugent...so why would it include points such as other players performances when they are much better placed in other threads?

because you said you haven't got a vendetta against nugent when you clearly have. just admit it and we can all be friends and ignore all your pointless comments on him in the future.

lol what

he wasn't very good when he came on, as I've now said 4 times.

and if you think that before he came on we were "doing fine" you've got something wrong with you

Of course we were doing fine, we were leading 2-1.

We weren't playing total football, there is no doubting that, but we had the 3 points in our hands.

Was it his fault that Jukebox dominated Moore for 90 minutes? No

Was it his fault that Nige decided to stick with a formation which was getting outplayed for the whole second half? No

Juke box did not dominate Moore for 90 minutes.

O.K.both played 90,Liam screwed up for the first goal but it is exaggerated to  suggest he was dominated .

We did drop too deep 2nd half  but Nuge only came on after the hour. As a team we lacked the initiative in the 2nd half to look for further goals . We have scored more home goals than most PL teams but conceded too many.

If you are seeking  to criticise it may not be a forward you should look to.

Some of you fail to see any of the points I am making.

I have not blamed Nugent for the result, I have simply said that he was very poor, again.

My criticism for the defeat lies at the door of both Kasper (Indecision for the first goal, dodgy set up of the wall for the second and also bad positioning) and NP (Burnley were getting more and more control of the game, an extra midfielder was needed not nugent).

Nugent is arguably our second most senior player at this level, behind konchesky. Yet konch who looked shaky at times last year has been superb, nuge has been extremely poor.

Archived