Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

Some of you fail to see any of the points I am making.

That's really only fair as you utterly ignore everything anyone says in return.

I have not blamed Nugent for the result, I have simply said that he was very poor, again.

The question you duck persistently is why this is an issue for you. Everyone was poor yesterday, RDL and maybe Konch aside. Nugent was certainly the best of our subs, and to come on when your team has gone nervous and wasteful is a pretty hard place to make a difference, especially up front. He didn't do very much right, but he did a lot less wrong than almost everybody else on our side. So why do we get another diatribe from you?

My criticism for the defeat lies at the door of both Kasper (Indecision for the first goal, dodgy set up of the wall for the second and also bad positioning) and NP (Burnley were getting more and more control of the game, an extra midfielder was needed not nugent).

And that really comes across in all your posts, once you've sifted out the 90% of them that's just Nugent hating shite.

Nugent is arguably our second most senior player at this level, behind konchesky. Yet konch who looked shaky at times last year has been superb, nuge has been extremely poor.

Part of the reason your opinion doesn't count is you think he was poor against United. If you were able to appreciate what he does when he does it well (and against United he did it very well), then maybe your voice would be heard when you had something critical to say. But you're just the same tedious drumbeat going on and on and on.

It is a vendetta. You don't like Nugent. Don't pretend otherwise, because all your bullsh1t arguments about 18 months of objective opinions just make you sound like an ex-wife 'objectively' listing reasons her ex-husband is dickhead. It doesn't convince anyone and reflects badly on how much he's hurt you.

Some of you fail to see any of the points I am making.

That's really only fair as you utterly ignore everything anyone says in return.

I have not blamed Nugent for the result, I have simply said that he was very poor, again.

The question you duck persistently is why this is an issue for you. Everyone was poor yesterday, RDL and maybe Konch aside. Nugent was certainly the best of our subs, and to come on when your team has gone nervous and wasteful is a pretty hard place to make a difference, especially up front. He didn't do very much right, but he did a lot less wrong than almost everybody else on our side. So why do we get another diatribe from you?

My criticism for the defeat lies at the door of both Kasper (Indecision for the first goal, dodgy set up of the wall for the second and also bad positioning) and NP (Burnley were getting more and more control of the game, an extra midfielder was needed not nugent).

And that really comes across in all your posts, once you've sifted out the 90% of them that's just Nugent hating shite.

Nugent is arguably our second most senior player at this level, behind konchesky. Yet konch who looked shaky at times last year has been superb, nuge has been extremely poor.

Part of the reason your opinion doesn't count is you think he was poor against United. If you were able to appreciate what he does when he does it well (and against United he did it very well), then maybe your voice would be heard when you had something critical to say. But you're just the same tedious drumbeat going on and on and on.

It is a vendetta. You don't like Nugent. Don't pretend otherwise, because all your bullsh1t arguments about 18 months of objective opinions just make you sound like an ex-wife 'objectively' listing reasons her ex-husband is dickhead. It doesn't convince anyone and reflects badly on how much he's hurt you.

I have criticized kasper, moore and NP in another thread....meaning all the above points are incorrect.

lol fair point, I'd eradicated him from memory.

What about Vardy coming on two seasons ago playing appallingly and giving a penalty away in a crucial game against Borough, it happens. Yet his close to legend status in some people's eyes now, funny how quickly some people forget.

The amount of grief we're giving some of our players is ridiculous. I think some of you need to realize that most of them are going to struggle at one point of another, none of them are anything resembling world class and we're playing in one of the best leagues in the world, at times we're going to find it hard, and not just against teams competing for the title. This is a hard league. I know it was "only Burnley" but "only Burnley" got a point against Man U and a point a Selhurst Park which we failed to get, they might be up there for the drop but their far from whipping boys. Our teams going to fail to turn up some weeks, that's life.

On Nugent, when we're not playing the diamond he's rightly third choice at the minute, and his final ball let him down big time yesterday, but he no more failed to deliver than Ulloa yesterday and Vardy was only marginally better.

What about Vardy coming on two seasons ago playing appallingly and giving a penalty away in a crucial game against Borough, it happens. Yet his close to legend status in some people's eyes now, funny how quickly some people forget.

The amount of grief we're giving some of our players is ridiculous. I think some of you need to realize that most of them are going to struggle at one point of another, none of them are anything resembling world class and we're playing in one of the best leagues in the world, at times we're going to find it hard, and not just against teams competing for the title. This is a hard league. I know it was "only Burnley" but "only Burnley" got a point against Man U and a point a Selhurst Park which we failed to get, they might be up there for the drop but their far from whipping boys. Our teams going to fail to turn up some weeks, that's life.

On Nugent, when we're not playing the diamond he's rightly third choice at the minute, and his final ball let him down big time yesterday, but he no more failed to deliver than Ulloa yesterday and Vardy was only marginally better.

Ulloa and Nugent were both very poor yesterday, but either Nugent was playing under instructions to slow the game down and cross the ball straight to Burnley at every opportunity or he was very very poor.

On reflection, I think my earlier comment about Nugent was hyperbole. There's a few Beckford sub performances you can throw in alongside the Kanes and Vardys.

As far as I'm concerned our best 4-4-2 XI has Nugent in it. He's not one of our best 2 strikers but he works well with both Vardy and Ulloa. But I thought he was very poor yesterday.

Ulloa and Nugent were both very poor yesterday, but either Nugent was playing under instructions to slow the game down and cross the ball straight to Burnley at every opportunity or he was very very poor.

On reflection, I think my earlier comment about Nugent was hyperbole. There's a few Beckford sub performances you can throw in alongside the Kanes and Vardys.

As far as I'm concerned our best 4-4-2 XI has Nugent in it. He's not one of our best 2 strikers but he works well with both Vardy and Ulloa. But I thought he was very poor yesterday.

That's fair enough then. I agree he was poor although I think he worked the crossing opportunities quite well, a nice little nutmeg for one for example which was more than Ulloa did in the entire game, his delivery I agree was abysmal. 

I would like to make one thing clear to Grewks et al:

If it eventually becomes evident that Nugent is not good enough for the squad and your argument bears truth, it won't mean that you were always correct but that we've simply arrived at the specific time your clock's been incorrectly telling us it is for the past year.

Here's a fact for you pal. You got your wish of dropping one of our most important players an we turned in out worst performance in a good 18 months. Explain that one and make it sound like it was nugent's fault, I know you want to.

Do you even watch us?

Worst performance in 18 months lol I thought that we were good in the first half except for that comical defending for their goal. Second half was flat - but it seemed as if we'd settled for the 2-1. Another day, Ross Wallace pings that into Row Z and everyone would be waxing lyrical about Schlupp and Mahrez being utter world beaters and how we're 10 million times better off without Nugent in the side. The fine margins in football.

If it eventually becomes evident that Nugent is not good enough for the squad and your argument bears truth, it won't mean that you were always correct but that we've simply arrived at the specific time your clock's been incorrectly telling us it is for the past year.

lol What a load of rubbish; covering your arse already. If Nugent scores more than 8 goals this season, then not only will I be very pleased but I'll happily admit that I was wrong. But at least I'll have the guts to admit I was wrong.

It's not that I dislike Nugent. He comes across as a really likeable guy, and I would really really like him to do well. The problem is that I just don't think he has enough quality to cut it as a premier league player, other than as someone to come off from the bench. His last stint in this league was very poor, and nothing he has shown me this season has really convinced me otherwise.

Having that opinion is very different to having a "vendetta" against a player. Are you telling me Nugent has had a good season so far? Because if so, you're clearly looking at him through some Nugent-Tinted glasses.

Vendetta?

I don't want to have to call for any of our players to be dropped.

It is just an opinion I have had for the last 18 months. He has yet to prove me wrong, so I will continue to voice my opinion.

I would be delighted if he scored a hat-trick at Newcastle to win us the game, but I cannot see us getting 3 penalties in a single game.

The funny thing is.....people who oppose my opinion don't support nugent by claiming he does this well, he has been playing well etc....they just criticize me for having an opinion which based on the facts is clearly correct.

#FoxesTalk

So basically what you're saying is....

"So many of us on here claiming nugent is 'invaluable' are being proven wrong, but you're not right, how dare you be right and we be wrong after calling you a moron etc.".

It is just like the "He's got to play against Burnley because he always plays well against Burnley" argument....You guys aren't even suggesting to pick nugent based on his current ability or even form...just the fact that he has done something in the past.

My Vendetta isn't against Nugent, it is probably actually against a lot of the members of this board. This thread is just a microcosm of the majority of the whole of this forum.

New/Unknown member has an opinion, backed up with evidence......New/Unknown member's opinion is shot down because he isn't one of the 'Elite' members....The 'Elite' members disappear and stop commenting on the post because they are being proven wrong.

You will all be back If he scores/plays well next game. But my point will remain, he has been terrible so far this season, absolutely terrible.

So basically what you're saying is....

"So many of us on here claiming nugent is 'invaluable' are being proven wrong, but you're not right, how dare you be right and we be wrong after calling you a moron etc.".

It is just like the "He's got to play against Burnley because he always plays well against Burnley" argument....You guys aren't even suggesting to pick nugent based on his current ability or even form...just the fact that he has done something in the past.

My Vendetta isn't against Nugent, it is probably actually against a lot of the members of this board. This thread is just a microcosm of the majority of the whole of this forum.

New/Unknown member has an opinion, backed up with evidence......New/Unknown member's opinion is shot down because he isn't one of the 'Elite' members....The 'Elite' members disappear and stop commenting on the post because they are being proven wrong.

You will all be back If he scores/plays well next game. But my point will remain, he has been terrible so far this season, absolutely terrible.

I'm really not.  If you can claim he was shit last year, then I see no reason why we should believe your cry of wolf this year.  Nuge is still one of our key players whether you like it or not.  Ooh he came on as a sub on Saturday, you must be right about him being no use to our team.  Grow up.

I bet Grewks was delighted when that Burnley equaliser went in so he could slate Nugent some more the sad cvnt.

Of course I was delighted......

I only suggested to remove nugent from the side because I thought it would 'weaken' the side, resulting in a poor performance, further resulting in a poor run of results and relegation at the end of the season, the sale of the club from the owners, administration and the folding of the club.

That would be my dream.....

The only "Sad Cvnts" on here are those who continue to slag off an individual for having opinion different to theirs.....should probably take it as a compliment considering no-one who has disagreed with me has yet to respond with valid reasoning.

My ideal result yesterday would have been a 3-0 win, with nugent scoring all after coming on in the final ten minutes, coming up to me in my seat slapping me in my face and saying "What do you think now lad?".....Instead we got another gutless cameo with the quality of a player who should be nowhere near our side.

I'm really not.  If you can claim he was shit last year, then I see no reason why we should believe your cry of wolf this year.

His record in the last 18 months is worse than Ulloa's in his last 7 games, with regards to goals in open play.

If that isn't shit....maybe your expectations for the club are just lower than mine.

Personally I don't think he's been terrible this season. Not hit the ground running as yet, correct. Terrible? Not for me. 

His record in the last 18 months is worse than Ulloa's in his last 7 games, with regards to goals in open play.

If that isn't shit....maybe your expectations for the club are just lower than mine.

Or maybe Ulloa has got off to a flying start and plays for Leicester City as a STRIKER.

A member of this forum with a relatively high post count who decides to mock those who are 'lesser known' on the board because he isn't one of the 'cool kids'.

stan's cool?!

:nigel:

A member of this forum with a relatively high post count who decides to mock those who are 'lesser known' on the board because he isn't one of the 'cool kids'.

Are you that insecure lol ?

This has nothing to do with post count, popularity or reputation. Fvck all that cos no-one should really care about it. 

This is to do with your clear dislike/hatred for a player - the constant picking at him despite bigger flaws in the team (especially yesterday). 

Can anyone remember that one of what I'm sure is many previous 'mares Grewks has had where he said Suarez biting someone was as bad as rape? Or something like that.

lol yeah it was me he was arguing with that time, too. he was wrong then, too. 

Archived