Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lakes fox

What's happened to knocky

Mahrez isn't in the team because he's not good enough. He's not in the team because of the formation we've played in the last two games. Schlupp/Mahrez will be involved when Pearson plans on playing counter attacking football, and I think knockaert still has a lot to offer against teams such as Burnley, QPR and those around us at the end of the season...

He'll get a chance. I would like to see him given a go against a 'bottom 10' premiership team soon. Being out the team has hopefully built a fire inside him to go out n prove himself. 

Or, he could just stop giving the ball away or waving his arms in the air instead of tracking back..

It's a different approach for every game... We've played Chelsea away, Stoke away etc and I wouldn't expect the likes of Knockaert playing these games anyway. We've got home games against the likes of Burnley and West Brom approaching soon so I imagine the team will be set up differently.

The embarrassment of our cup exit - a competition we used to want to win - summarised Knockaert. He's just a luxury - in firework terms an occasional highlight in a box of duds.

He works hard and has a few tricks but otherwise he's a liability to everyone around him. He still runs into blind alleys, fails to play the one-twos, doesn't see the situations, losing the ball in daft places and makes other people see potential runs as worthless. 

If Knockaert scored 20 goals a season or made the same I could forgive the guy but he doesn't. In fact for a bloke of considerable skill he so rarely delivers. 

I'd absolutely hate to play alongside him - it must be the most frustrating experience in football. I thought he was getting better and have to concede that he has in some ways in that he goes chase back and his workrate when we're up against it can be quite refreshing.

But that's about it. He doesn't have the pace or strength to make his skills tell against powerful and organised Premiership defenders. He's not a great marksman, header of the ball, accurate and imaginative passer nor even does he have the deft skills of GTF. The bloke's like a footballing wind-up toy.

He zips around in every direction but all on his own and mostly getting nowhere. 

I could see him doing something he adapts to the division although he is a massively frustrating player, and I just can't see how he's going to get a kick, when you consider there was no Wood or Albrighton in the 18 (not to mention according to some on here Powell and Lawrence are going to take the team by storm at any minute)  either who've probably done more to warrant a place than he has, I don't know if they had knocks? Either way Will take a number of players missing or requiring rests for him to play again I think given the start he had, and now we're out the League cup and playing 8 fewer league games I struggle to see us picking up that many injuries or suspensions until the New Year.

At least that shows Pearson has addressed the issue of depth though.

Archived