Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

The dying planet

I think the damage was done years ago, there have been efforts in place to combat the decline of these animals and I think we will see their populations rise soon

Maybe in the developed world but what about places where Elephants are killed for their tusks and sharks killed for their fins.

It's very sad but it's the way it is, if we can't stop humans from thinking it's right to behead someone then we aren't going to be able to stop them causing this.

I think the damage was done years ago, there have been efforts in place to combat the decline of these animals and I think we will see their populations rise soon

I don't know why you think the damage was done years ago, unless you're specifically referring to sport hunting of big mammals etc which has decreased.

The main threat to wildlife from humans is habitat destruction which is only increasing more and more as the human population continues to explode.

Elephants are twats.

i don't know why I laughed,but I did.oppurtunity to tell my elephant joke again!

My wife went to the doctors the other week,and said to the doctor ive been raped by an elephant.

" I'm not calling you a liar Mrs Cambridgefox,but I know an elephants penis is long and thin and no way could it do that damage"said the doctor.

Mrs Cambridgefox started sobbing and said" I know,but the baastard fingered me first"

Thankyou,I'm here all day.

What an utterly selfish attitude: do you not have children?

Don't think it's selfish, just probably a correct call. Human vanity and greed knows no bounds.

The only way you'll save the wildlife of Africa is by allowing poachers to be shot on sight and we all know that's never going to be allowed to happen.

I can just imagine how my generation/the generation before me are going to be viewed by future generations when the likes of Gorillas and Tigers can only be found in books and film.

There is going to be a hell of a lot of things our generation has done that will see us looked at with disgust by what what we leave here.

There is going to be a hell of a lot of things our generation has done that will see us looked at with disgust by what what we leave here.

Agreed. The baby boomers of the previous generation and the children they have produced of this...I wonder what future generations will actually thank them for?

The thing is, we've got so much control now that if we really wanted lions and shit, then we'd have them. I remember when all the vegan weirdos were banging on about trees being chopped down and how awful it was and how the planet would never recover. Then we started replanting trees and within a few years everything was fine. The same will happen here, if anyone really cares, we'll just figure out how to reignite the species and get them going again. All it will require is human will, whether in this generation or next, so if it doesn't happen then the existing generation at any one time have only got themselves to blame.

Nor mine. I will be long gone and I have no offspring. My only thought is that maybe my rotting decomposing corpse will enable some organism to thrive and then feed some animal in danger of extinction.

Or thinking on the negative side - wipe them out all together.

Nor mine. I will be long gone and I have no offspring. My only thought is that maybe my rotting decomposing corpse will enable some organism to thrive and then feed some animal in danger of extinction.

exactly, thats why I take a dump in the garden as often as I can..

No Ken, we're having you stuffed and mounted as the openning exhibit in the FoxesTalk museum.

I hate senseless slaughter and polution as much as the next (sane) person. But the planet has a few billion years left, and 'wild'life has about that too.

Just us and the current crop of temporary residents are in danger. Over 99% of all species that have ever existed are now extint.

I find humans to be a bit too melodramatic "we're destroying the planet" when we really mean "damaging of ecosystems".

I hate senseless slaughter and polution as much as the next (sane) person. But the planet has a few billion years left, and 'wild'life has about that too.

Just us and the current crop of temporary residents are in danger. Over 99% of all species that have ever existed are now extint.

I find humans to be a bit too melodramatic "we're destroying the planet" when we really mean "damaging of ecosystems".

True, but it's the speed of the current extinction crisis that is different.

And it's the first time it's been caused by one other species, namely us.

Archived