Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Proud to pull on the Leicester City Shirt!

Nigel Pearson has spoken of his players’ pride at pulling on a Leicester City shirt.

The City boss admits the perception of footballers’ loyalty in the modern game has changed, although he doesn’t necessarily agree with the mercenary tag players are given these days.

However, he said he could assure all City fans his players have a genuine pride in representing them and the club, and he believes that will stand them in good stead in their fight to remain in the Premier League.

“I would hope the fans enjoy the whole of the season in the knowledge they have a group of players representing their club now who are proud to play for the club,” said Pearson.

“That in itself is a really good starting point.

“In this day and age, there is a lot of talk about a mercenary approach within the game. I don’t necessarily think that is a fair criticism.

“I understand things have changed but we have a group of players who are focused on us, and that is the most important thing.

“We know we are going to have to deal with setbacks but we are constantly trying to improve ourselves and, regardless of who we play, the attention to detail in terms of how we approach those games will be there.”

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-news-Boss-Nigel-Pearson-says/story-23026388-detail/story.html?#ixzz3Eu8ID5Do 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-news-Boss-Nigel-Pearson-says/story-23026388-detail/story.html?#psjOmbdbAhaSCPI1.99

Archived