Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Stinson Hunter.

Yeah I watched it. Was very disturbing tbh. Fair play to the lad for doing it though because what he does actually works. The sooner these sad acts are off the street, the better. Thing is though is that they will always be around.

The work they're doing is well-intentioned and they can't possibly know the consequences their actions have, but posting it on a blog is a step too far. Not all their work has led to convictions, so their evidence gathering isn't as sound in all cases as they think it is.

From what I understand there has only been a handful of cases where their work has led to convictions. What they are doing is potentially extremely dangerous not only for the offenders but also for their families who most like hate what has happened just as much as the next person.

Nethertheless it does make you think the police need more funding as it is quite clearly very easy to catch people up to no good on the net.

Something not quite right about the bloke, wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the same sort of person that he hunts. I think he secretly gets a kick out of the interactions online and has hid this by becoming a moral crusader. 

Doing a good job in my opinion, the only disturbing aspect aside from the peado's themselves was the wife of the guy who commited suicide trying to pin the blame on Stinson Hunter and his associates, if you commit a crime of that nature people will know about it regardless of the way you are caught.

Something not quite right about the bloke, wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the same sort of person that he hunts. I think he secretly gets a kick out of the interactions online and has hid this by becoming a moral crusader. 

I haven't seen it but I do always wonder why you get these folk who are so keen to immerse themselves in a world that frankly I think most of us would rather avoid, and as I've said before, if you try to trap paedophiles online by pretending to be a child, what's to stop the person you're trapping saying that they were doing the same to you?  They probably use some measure of how shocked and disappointed the other person looks when they meet up behind Iceland or wherever.

I'm sure he's just got the kids' best interests at heart

I think he does it for the publicity, he's basically admitted he's a loser with his own mental health issues and it gives him a life. Having watched the program it's hard to have too much sympathy with the people he catches although it's a bit of a trap I don't think they have much excuse.

lol

I was going over the ethics of this with my A Level Media class this morning, when one of my students asked what would happen if the other person was setting a trap as well.

THIS came straight to mind!

Archived