Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

When Will We Play Our Strongest 11?

It was 4-3-3 from what i could see. Man Utd went 4-3-3 and we matched them. Remember the screen coming up on MOTD with the formations

_77732123_lei_formation.jpg

We played a diamond.

They played a diamond.

Nugent always scores against two teams one of which is Ipswich the other is Burnley. He starts in every game so far this season, what happens when we play Burnley at home. He is dropped baffling decision.

I hope you're joking. If anyone seriously thinks it's anything other than a co-incidence then I'm amazed and if it isn't a co-incidence and he ups his game against those two sides then questions need asking of why he can't do it against everyone.

Nugent was left out on Saturday to try our two best forwards in a partnership, in my opinion - and it failed.

Give it two more bad games and Wood, Knockaert, Powell, Hamer, etc will all be match winners and the management idiots for not starting them.

Agree. People are already saying they think Wood deserves a go ahead of Ulloa!

Of course he does, that's why they played him over Hammond all last year.

James has missed a mot of matches and training though so won't be match sharp. He looked good technically against Man U when he came on but I thought he looked quite slow and sluggish as well.

When he's up to speed with his sharpness then he'll be starting ahead of Hammond and King.

I agree that Pearson sees James as a better player than Hammond. However, James looked perfectly sharp to me at palace. He was our best player for me. Should have started against Burnley.

I agree that Pearson sees James as a better player than Hammond. However, James looked perfectly sharp to me at palace. He was our best player for me. Should have started against Burnley.

I was away so I can't comment about what he did at Palace only against Man U, but I'll take your word on it.

I was away so I can't comment about what he did at Palace only against Man U, but I'll take your word on it.

He looked fit, strong, and played pretty well. Best of a bad bunch. Maybe with his injury record, they just want to bring him back slowly. They did the same with Vardy really. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I hope to see him in the starting 11 at Newcastle. Hammond wasn't bad on Saturday, first half he was poor but second made some really important interceptions. He's not James quality though.

Think Pearson will be looking at starting James again soon? Mahrez has to play for me and keep him on the pitch for full 90 mins if he is playing well enough like against burnley! got back to playing what we know best and put vardy upfront with Nugent. I would also like to see Simpson play ahead of De laet so we can see what he is like for a full match.

They do masses of technical data about players, their fitness levels etc etc and perhaps this information suggested Cambiasso shouldn't play and James/Nugent shouldn't start. Just a thought. 

Don't be so ridiculous. Obviously Cambiasso not playing means he's fell out with the manager / shagged Pearson's daughter / had a fight with a team-mate / feels homesick / doesn't think the ground is as good as the San Siro etc...

I really do cringe at this culture we've developed where we have to add ridiculous, pointless speculation to every single decision that is made. What do people actually gain from it? Potential of being the one who thought of it first? Give yourselves a huge pat on the back. What incredible foresight.

Morons.

I really do cringe at this culture we've developed where we have to add ridiculous, pointless speculation to every single decision that is made. What do people actually gain from it? Potential of being the one who thought of it first? Give yourselves a huge pat on the back. What incredible foresight.

Morons.

Some people clearly get their kicks from highlighting negatives in every situation in life. Not the kind of people I choose to be around, if I'm honest.

They do masses of technical data about players, their fitness levels etc etc and perhaps this information suggested Cambiasso shouldn't play and James/Nugent shouldn't start. Just a thought.

Cambiasso wasn't in the squad because he questioned Pearsons team choice when it was told to the players on Friday. He wasn't injured.

Pearson got it wrong on Saturday with regards to team selection. James should of started, everyone knows it. Drinky is twice the player when Jamo is in the team which is another point. Yes Hammond has done well in the first few games when we're on the backfoot and he's there to break up the play but playing him at home against Burnley is just a poor management decision for me.

What's done is done now. On to the next one

This is a good point. We also don't see what happens all week on the training pitch either. So much more goes into picking the squad than what we see.

I think if everybody picked their XI for Newcastle on here, we'd have at most a consensus of 3 players (Konch, Morgan, possibly Ulloa and Moore). And that's for one game. Form and formations change, different tactics suit different opponents home and away. So it's a bit of a non-question.

I think we played our strongest XI for Man Utd against Man Utd, but that the same XI was wrong for Palace the following week. I expect us to play 4-4-2 most weeks, certainly at home, and don't think anyone would be keen to choose a definitive 2 from Cambiasso, DD, James, King and Hammond. And that's before we see the young lads play.

In conclusion, **** knows!

Cambiasso wasn't in the squad because he questioned Pearsons team choice when it was told to the players on Friday. He wasn't injured.

Pearson got it wrong on Saturday with regards to team selection. James should of started, everyone knows it. Drinky is twice the player when Jamo is in the team which is another point. Yes Hammond has done well in the first few games when we're on the backfoot and he's there to break up the play but playing him at home against Burnley is just a poor management decision for me.

What's done is done now. On to the next one

Another bollox story and even if it is true should stay inside the club not blabbed to the world.

Just wonder why so called fans put shite like this on here.

Or praps some people think it is ok to piss off our manager and players.

This is a good point. We also don't see what happens all week on the training pitch either. So much more goes into picking the squad than what we see.

Too many fans in general think they know everything. I'm with you and a lot of others that James should've started over Hammond but there's obviously going to be a reason he picked Hammond - I just hope it wasn't a sentimental one. I don't think Hammond's a bad player but he's clearly limited and we could've afforded more against Burnley.

These calls for Hamer to play are also quite funny. Notice how hardly anyone was saying it pre-match? How does anyone know Schmeichel wouldn't have kept a clean sheet at Stoke and how does anyone know Hamer wouldn't have let in four at the weekend?

He looks better from crosses than Schmeichel though that's not hard. Schmeichel's got a lot of work to his all-round game for me. He'll get us out of some tricky situations but we'll never be consistently solid defensively with him in the side IMO.

I think once Upson is fit to play it will be Morgan and Upson at the back

I'm sure it will. Funny how so many of our supporters have written of Upson. I even saw someone on Twitter suggest he was brought to the club solely to entice Ulloa here too!

I can definitely see him starting lots of games for us if we can get him fit. Left footed too, so will give us a good balance.

Too many fans in general think they know everything. I'm with you and a lot of others that James should've started over Hammond but there's obviously going to be a reason he picked Hammond - I just hope it wasn't a sentimental one. I don't think Hammond's a bad player but he's clearly limited and we could've afforded more against Burnley.

These calls for Hamer to play are also quite funny. Notice how hardly anyone was saying it pre-match? How does anyone know Schmeichel wouldn't have kept a clean sheet at Stoke and how does anyone know Hamer wouldn't have let in four at the weekend?

He looks better from crosses than Schmeichel though that's not hard. Schmeichel's got a lot of work to his all-round game for me. He'll get us out of some tricky situations but we'll never be consistently solid defensively with him in the side IMO.

As usual I agree with you. I don't want Kasper dropping, but he's got to improve. Could easily blame him for the first goal too, wasn't brave enough in my opinion.

I hope you're joking. If anyone seriously thinks it's anything other than a co-incidence then I'm amazed and if it isn't a co-incidence and he ups his game against those two sides then questions need asking of why he can't do it against everyone.

Nugent was left out on Saturday to try our two best forwards in a partnership, in my opinion - and it failed.

Dan check Nugents career stats he does akways score against those two teams even when he played for Pompey.

Archived