Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Noel Gallagher - Chasing Yesterday (New Ablum)

They're alright. Better than half the rubbish around today. Like a couple of songs from their previous album, in particular "If I had a gun". Trouble is, I felt the album still sounded a bit like Oasis still last time. 

Will probably still buy this album.

This will be bang average. Much like the last 3 or 4 Oasis albums, it'll have 1 really good track and then the rest will be dreadfully normal.

Beady Eye should never release another record again. I really wanted to like them but they really are terrible apart from 'Bring the Light' which was a completely different track to what everyone expected but then they just went back to trying to produce 'lad rock' shit.

HFB are just a diluted version of Oasis which nobody wants. What everyone wants is an Oasis re-union.

Honestly never been to gigs like it when Rock and Roll Star, Supersonic, Whats the Story etc get played.

Still for me one of the best bands the country has produced. So many decent songs. Yes they did some dogshit but the good far outweighed the bad.

Do we really want an oasis reunion?

TBH it bores me to tears to see a load of old bands getting together for another big pay day, this nostalgia just slaps of more corporate big business.  It probably adds to the limitations of new bands not getting a chance because of this type of nonsense.

Just rehashing what we've already had is really dull.

I think we miss bands that are generally don't give a fvck - that's what Oasis were like - but in terms of music, their first two were brilliant but after that I can only listen to a couple of records on each album. "Lyla", "Importance of Being Ide", "Little by Little" etc are all brilliant songs but I can't listen to all the album like I can "Morning Glory" and "Definitely Maybe".

I would of been interested in the album that he scrapped after the first HFB record, a collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous which he said was psychedelic and a bit like Dark Side Of The Moon. Could have been good or a complete disaster, guess we'll never know now. This new song is ok but nothing special.

Personally no, after going to some of their later gigs they were pretty shit to be honest. I'll just leave them with memories of Man City Stadium 2005 which was amazing.

I can't stand Liam or his voice any more and found myself liking Noels voice more and more, so his own stuff suits me fine. Not ground breaking (it was never going to be), but a half decent listen and honestly, still better than half the shit out there currently.

TBH it bores me to tears to see a load of old bands getting together for another big pay day, this nostalgia just slaps of more corporate big business. It probably adds to the limitations of new bands not getting a chance because of this type of nonsense.

Just rehashing what we've already had is really dull.

If new bands were any good and I mean genuinly good, they'd make it through. The problem with many musicians nowadays is instead of spending their time writing songs, gigging and recording, they prefer to sit in a hipster pub somewhere complaining about how Simon Cowell is ruining the industry.

Cream always rises to the top!

I can't stand Liam or his voice any more and found myself liking Noels voice more and more, so his own stuff suits me fine. Not ground breaking (it was never going to be), but a half decent listen and honestly, still better than half the shit out there currently.

Pretty much this. The only thing we'd gain from an Oasis reunion would be the addition of the other personality within the group. Musically, Liam added very little, and over the last few years his voice has gone to shit, anyway. I'd rather listen to High Flying Birds' first album all the way through than most of Oasis's later ones. 

New single is decent enough. As has been said, it's nothing special but it's still worth a listen. 

If new bands were any good and I mean genuinly good, they'd make it through. The problem with many musicians nowadays is instead of spending their time writing songs, gigging and recording, they prefer to sit in a hipster pub somewhere complaining about how Simon Cowell is ruining the industry.

Cream always rises to the top!

But if finances dictate using a record companies money on a 'sure thing' that will inturn limit the a band's chances whether they are good or not.  As for cream rising to the top that's totally subjective so isn't really valid.

Mate got tickets as he's a massive Gallagher/Oasis fan, and I couldn't believe the price when he told me. Suppose, like The Who, Paul McCartney and The Stones, you're paying for the name.

Archived