Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Since the Man Utd game...

Given the fact we were in the championship last season...logic suggest we 'should' finish in 18th.

Above all sides we finished above last year, but also below all the established prem sides.

We are currently above expectations.

I'm just glad that Sunderland, Burnley and QPR look nailed on.

That was wank again and to be fair, Leicester have always made a meal of getting out of tough situations under Nige.

We're in poor form and it doesn't look like changing. We need to find our formation and stick to it.

Swansea, West Brom and Southampton coming soon. Two of which are away.

I never thought I'd say this after that game against Yanited, but I'm worried. 

I'm not sure if teams have worked us out after watching us on full flight, sending a massive warning klaxon out to everybody in the league in the process, or if the result has gone to the players' heads, but things need to change quickly. 

We've picked up one point from three teams that are likely to be down in a scrap by the end of the season, and gifting them points as we've done is dangerous. 

For the first time in a long time feel genuinely miserable about things. They have won 1 in 15 before today and taken 7 points from those games. And yet we go there with a defensive mindset and team and surrender the initiative. Really poor result as there is no doubt they are a v poor team.

Let's accept we will lose more than we will win,

That if we was 13th at this time at the start of season we would have took it,

We are going to have bad spells a lot more than we have good spells,

In theory we are better than 3-4 teams at best,

So as long as we stay out the relagation zone and finish 17th then it'll be a successfull season,

Our fans seem to think that because we started the season well and beat man utd that were Europa league quality with a top 8 finish on the cards,

Let's get real folks.

I am going to sound like I'm contradicting myself here because today we only conceeded because we let our game plan go and got done on a counter attack. It was only as we took the initiative that we lost the match.

However i think our best chance of staying up is playing how we do at home in every single game.

Today for instance if you start with the team that finished the match you cause a low morale side all kinds of problems from the off and really put an under pressure side under even more and they could capitulate.

I'd rather have lost 4-2 and created chances like we did at the end than go places like palace and Newcastle and eventually fall to a 1 or 2-0 defeat

Said it prior to the season starting, but we can't just turn up for the big games. Granted we beat Stoke, but our better performances have been against the likes of Manchester United. Was even pleased with our performance at Chelsea. 

Poor today, poor last week and two easy goals conceded at Palace.

at half time in the burnley game (one and a half games ago) we were fifth in the table. just 2 points above the relegation zone now.

Also 2 points off 5th. We're still in the first quarter of the season and the league table is so tight (4 points from 5th to 18th) that it's difficult to read anything into it at this stage. The next month or so could be pivotal - a couple of wins will see us comfortably mid-table whereas another 2 or 3 games without a win will see us dragged right into it.

Also 2 points off 5th. We're still in the first quarter of the season and the league table is so tight (4 points from 5th to 18th) that it's difficult to read anything into it at this stage. The next month or so could be pivotal - a couple of wins will see us comfortably mid-table whereas another 2 or 3 games without a win will see us dragged right into it.

But the last month (today included) should have been so pivotal - who knows it could be (If we are relegated - which i'm not saying we are going to go down, but if we are I think we could look at these past 3 games that we should have got alot more from given how well we'd done before them).

The last month and the coming month are all games where we should be looking a pulling away and getting points towards safety, the only reason we're not bottom (Or closer to the bottom) is because we overachieved and got points out games you would have though in our first few games.

I said before the Palace game, we'd done well, really well, when the fixture list came out we all looked at the games and it was quite possible we would have gone to Palace with 0 points, thank-god that wasn't the case because we really would be in the shit now if it was.

Our good great start to the season counts for nothing if we don't pull our fingers out in this coming month.

Don't get too exited if we win or too down if we lose.

We were always going to have dodgy spells this season.

We weren't awful against Burnley, its a game we should have won. Our home form is going to be key, we haven't lost yet.

It's much harder to play slick attacking football against sides in the bottom 12, as they break up play much more. Against stoke we weren't much better than against palace and burnley, the difference was they couldn't finish. We need to come up with a better plan against these resilient teams, otherwise we will keep coming up short.

I've always been a fan of Nige and defended him on here but since the Utd game I think his team section has been wrong. Hate to say it but in some ways it starting to remind me a bit of the season we lost in the play offs.

Have no doubt we can turn this around once we start with the right team but this needs to start happening from our next game. In Nige we trust!

Let's accept we will lose more than we will win,

That if we was 13th at this time at the start of season we would have took it,

We are going to have bad spells a lot more than we have good spells,

In theory we are better than 3-4 teams at best,

So as long as we stay out the relagation zone and finish 17th then it'll be a successfull season,

Our fans seem to think that because we started the season well and beat man utd that were Europa league quality with a top 8 finish on the cards,

Let's get real folks.

Totally agree, we will lose more than we win, and some fans have got to far ahead of themselves.

As the season settles down, and the confidence of winning the league disappears, we are seeing what we really are, a very average, lower end premier league side.

The management for some reason are not playing to our strengths and some players motivation looks questionable.

I said at the start of the season we need to manage our expectations as fans, to save disappointment, but the early season showings have raised them, but for me since the Man U game, it's not the results that bother or frustrate me, it's the performances, and how we have changed from a footballing side, to a lump it side.

Archived