Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

1-0 loss :thumbdown:

Such a frustrating match because it was clear that we improved massively in quality once we brought Vardy and Nugent (who was extremely poor but his positioning alone made him contribute more than Schlupp or Albrighton) and just as we were getting on top they score out of nothing.

Fair play to Obertan, he provided the only bit of quality in the final 3rd in that entire match.

Pearson has to take the blame for this defeat, we set up to 'stay in the game' instead of trying to take it to a poor side low on confidence. We waited for too long to play our best players and then it was difficult to pick the momentum up. Then we're chasing the game with tired players who have played badly.

I wish he would just decide on his best team - and that certainly doesn't involve Schlupp, Hammond or Albrighton.

For the 3rd week running we've thrown points away in a match we could easily have won, had we played as well as we know we can. I said we are better than Newcastle and I stand by that. That was clear for all to see once we had the majority of our best players on the pitch.

Incredibly uninspiring until they scored. That was when we really got going. Performance improved after Vardy and Nugent came on as we were more attacking. 

But we didn't create enough clear cut chances and too many players under-performed.

Very disappointed. Maybe we're just better as underdogs. 

People saying things along the lines of "we're not going to stay up at this rate" need a ****ing reality check.

We're more than likely going to finish in the bottom half, which means we're going to lose quite a few games. Imagine the sort of results you'd be getting if you finished in the bottom half of the Championship.

I've always loved matty james and thought he was so key when he was fit in the last two seasons. But he still doesn't look quite match fit, a few heavy passes and has been at fault for the last two goals we conceded.

I understand King couldn't feature today because of the international break but he has to come back into the side for next match! He has looked class in every game hes been in this season.

Also he would suit the advanced role better than Drinkwater and I think Danny will feel more comfortable a little deeper in the centre of a 3 man midfield.

They need a kick up the arse and they need it drumming into their heads it's pointless playing well and being 'up' for the top teams when we don't get anything or play poor against the 'poorer' teams who we are competing against and will be around come the end of the season.

This was our 'easy' period, far from it looking at performances and results.

I've not felt so disappointed and frustrated for a few seasons now and I don't like this feeling.

pearson at fault. as was obvious to the intelligent posters on the forum (mainly me) that starting line up was the fúcking pits. 

if schlupp starts another game this season i'm going to find him and force my season ticket up his jacksie.

i will post more insightful thoughts when i've calmed down. 

Not good enough. Im not going to absolute berate everyone but we must be better than that.... Newcastle aren't as bad as their league position states but they're not great either!

Baffled why Vardy was sub and not sure why King continues to be left out.... he's not put a foot wrong and can play in the hole behind the strikers better than anyone.

Plus also for me today shows how much we miss Mahrez's creativity

Rubbish performance. 1 point from Burnley, Palace and Newcastle is unacceptable.

Pearson is to blame for the Burnley result, why did we not attack them from the off in the second half? We would have won by 2 or 3 goals, piss poor management and a vital 2 points carelessly thrown away.

Today, tactically we were wrong, the team selection was poor, Nugent is simply not good enough on any level and Newcastle are a crap side as well. Defensively frail and our set pieces may as well be opposition goal kicks/free kicks because we can do nothing with them.

Conceding a goal from our ****ing corner? That's a disgrace.

I expect us to lose comfortably to Swansea as well, and then Pearson will be under exceptional pressure. We are in a tailspin and Can see us going downhill big time, we seem to be getting worse, can't see where the next win will come from at all and not sure Pearson can turn it round. We lack quality and personally I think that unless there are drastic changes we'll be extremely luck to stay up, we look like a  bottom three team.

We played far too conservative. They weren't very good and we played with a really flat 5 in midfield.

Cambiasso was terrible. Schlupp was just as shite as last week but didn't score a goal so will finally get scrutinised.

Drinkwater and Morgan were very good.

Newcastle fans were wank. Oh and I managed to get from the top of the stand to the train in 6 mins. Good local knowledge use there!

Our best midfield option for me involves King.

Marc Albrighton is a waste of space.

Pearson got his tactics wrong again. The reason we won the league last year was because we put the ball on the ground. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen.

Need to get out of the habit of being awful...

Frustrating day again, made even worse due to the fact we are more than capable of beating this Newcastle side. But, we failed to bring our A-game and managed to let Gabriel fvcking Obertan to score. Lets not get carried away, we were always going to be in a struggle to stay up. The scrap is well and truly on.

When was the last time we scored from a set piece? We need to score a few through the season in games like this.

Barely heard Schluups name over the radio. Maybe he shouldn't be starting in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 when we are relying on attacking talent and not needing to protect Konchesky as much.

Albrighton can be excused for lack of match practice.

Disappointing

People saying things along the lines of "we're not going to stay up at this rate" need a ****ing reality check.

We're more than likely going to finish in the bottom half, which means we're going to lose quite a few games. Imagine the sort of results you'd be getting if you finished in the bottom half of the Championship.

The worry is that the difference between finishing 13th and 18th is the ability to beat the poorer sides in the league. Burnley and Newcastle fit into that category, and we've picked up one point. These are exactly the kinds of results you could end up looking back on with a feeling of 'if only' by the end of the season.

Archived