Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Newcastle 1-0 Leicester - Vote Now

I find it staggering that Liam Moore can get a 7 off people.

We make threads asking for him to be in the England side when we've had 1 clean sheet all season now this?

I think him and Konchesky have done superbly well so far this season but they were both poor today.

Moore is a great defender but it seems he's above criticism from most which leads to us all massively over rating him

Yeah but lack of clean sheets is hardly all down to him, is it? 

I find it staggering that Liam Moore can get a 7 off people.

We make threads asking for him to be in the England side when we've had 1 clean sheet all season now this?

I think him and Konchesky have done superbly well so far this season but they were both poor today.

Moore is a great defender but it seems he's above criticism from most which leads to us all massively over rating him

I thought he played well today. Hence the 7.

Let's bear in mind that Newcastle only had about 2-3 chances in the whole game. That was undoubtedly just as much to do with their attacking as our defending but some people are giving 3s for our defenders.

I think we have to remember that Moore has not even played 10 games in PL yet. It took him a while to settle in the Championship, I remembered that he gave a dodgy performance and made a mistake against Wolves away (?) then he went out on the loan to Brentford and came back and had time to fought his way into the team as he got used to Championship standard. Once he made the step up, he was colossal. We have to expect the same for PL but the potential is definitely there. 

Moore wasn't much good for me. In the air he did ok but he was lucky not to be sent off. Morgan started very shakily but was superb second half. Some of Drinkwater's play deserved better from those in the final 3rd.

Vardy made a huge impact when he came on, if he doesn't start against Swansea I'll be tearing my hair out.

The front 3 were all hugely ineffective - Schlupp and Albrighton did not do their jobs at all and should be relegated to the bench at the very least. I do somewhat sympathise with Ulloa as he had no support from those two whatsoever, still he was poor.

Konchesky had an absolute nightmare.

Are people ranking that Moore performance as a 7? This love of one of our own is ridiculous.

Morgan and Ulloa get a 7. The rest barely made 6.

Jeff Schulpp and Anthony Knockaert should enjoy every minute this year as neither of them are good enough for this level. The pair of them would be laughed at in La Liga in terms of technical ability.

Morgan won the man of the match by a mile for me, I'm sad to say alot had a poor day yesterday some just didn't look awake Schlupp I'm sad to say had to give him a low 2 he just didn't look fit at all and never looked at  the races, I'm surprised by the criticism for Albrighton didn't think he was that bad thought he put in some decent crosses now and again. Ulloa put in a good shift as usual, what a first touch he's got but didn't have a partner up front with him quick enough to help him out. 

On Knocky he does need a loan spell away, it's not working for him at the moment.

Schmeichel: 6- Had little to do, didn't look troubled when called upon, could do nothing about the goal, but distribution could have been better.

De Laet: 6- Worked hard, only getting poor ratings from people in my opinion because they want him at the back. Often got into good positions but think he lacks the top premiership quality we all want.

Morgan: 7- Usual steady influence, dealt relatively well with Cisse. One bit which had me weak at the knees where he brought a high ball over the defence back over his own head, completely doing Cisse in the process .

Moore: 5- Looked off the pace to me, lucky to finish the game

Konchesky: 4- Was always 5 yards away from where he should have been, offered very little at the back and even less going forward.

Cambiasso: 6- Struggled to make a big impression on the game, expecting the kind of performance he put in against Man Utd every game. Showed a few class touches though going forward.

James: 6- Neither good nor bad, should have done better with his shot in the first half.

Drinkwater: 6- Similar to James, tried to create openings but never made a big influence on anything.

Schlupp: 5- Looked more comfortable helping out at the back, didn't get much of the ball going forward but was poor when he did.

Albrighton: 6- Was better than expected, looked more influential going forward than Schlupp, but again had very little ball where it mattered.

Ulloa: 5- Similar to Burnley, touch wasn't good enough, failed to take his chance when through with only Krul to beat, struggled aerially as well.

Vardy: 7- Breath of fresh air going forward, tried to be direct and looked to cause a few problems

Nugent: 6- Again looked to be direct, but struggled out wide, didn't get the ball in when it mattered

Knockaert: 3- Doesn't look anywhere near the quality to play, slow to use the ball and did nothing when he tried to use it. Put in the kind of performance that made it clear to see why Newcastle didn't take their interest in him any further.

Pearson: 6- Think playing Albrighton and Schlupp as midfielders rather than wingers meant lack of forward options when Cambiasso, James and Drinkwater got the ball, and no support for Ulloa, but still sent out a side plenty good enough to beat what was in front of them.

Are people ranking that Moore performance as a 7? This love of one of our own is ridiculous.

Morgan and Ulloa get a 7. The rest barely made 6.

Jeff Schulpp and Anthony Knockaert should enjoy every minute this year as neither of them are good enough for this level. The pair of them would be laughed at in La Liga in terms of technical ability.

I don't think Knockaert lacks technical ability, he's just got no brain at all.

Schlupp looks out of his depth. I agree he's technically poor.

Konchesky and Schlupp stood next to each other half the time, and neither did anything good. Albrighton somehow had even less impact than them. Team looked completely changed almost immediately when Vardy and Nugent came on. Much better. That said, Nugent's performance was as frustrating as it can get. Got himself in more good positions in his first 10 minutes than any other player did all game, but he created absolutely nothing from it. No one really had any quality, but he made it so much more obvious.

Ulloa looked brilliant at times, especially with some great first touches. Only problem was that they were all around the half way line. The one time he got in a chance around their box was the only touch that got away from him all game. Very disappointing.

Thought we struggled a bit at the back on the break, but Morgan was solid again and Moore looked good enough. But if we're going to push the full backs that far up and leave that much space behind, they've got to add something in attack. Konchesky actually took away in attack.

Archived