Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
burnleyfan

The gap between the Championship and PL

Worrying isn't it?

We look liked we are doomed, but even if you spend money like Arry' does it's no guarantee that you will survive.

Are you really that surprised?

All non-biased media/pundits who know anything about the championship said we were a class above last season, that you were over achieving and that QPR were lucky and did not deserve promotion.

I personally think you're already gone, just hope we don't get dragged into it either.

there's not that much of a gap. these bottom sides are absolutely woeful, it's just in our last 3 games we look like we're having a competition with our opponents to see who can play worse. i'd back 5 or 6 sides in the championship to beat the newcastle side we faced today. or to beat us if we play that badly every week. 

We've shown that we are capable of surviving in the first five, but need to recapture that form to steer clear of trouble. We're good enough to stay up with something to spare once we recapture our form.

Burnley, Sunderland and QPR are teams you worry for more. None have really shown that they are capable of doing it so far, and are odds on to be in the bottom five at least imo.

If you address the weakness in the side when you step up from championship to prem, you have a chance.

Nige has done some of that for us in the midfield and attack but not the defence.

We couldn't defend set pieces in the championship so the same back four sure won't do it now.

Also, our center half goal scoring from corners and set pieces in the championship was poor at best, and it won't get any better in the prem with the same players.

there's not that much of a gap. these bottom sides are absolutely woeful, it's just in our last 3 games we look like we're having a competition with our opponents to see who can play worse. i'd back 5 or 6 sides in the championship to beat the newcastle side we faced today. or to beat us if we play that badly every week.

Bottom sides are woeful? You've just picked up 1 point in 9 from three of them. The step is massive. West Ham were average today, they pretty much scored from 3 out of 4 attacks.

Bottom sides are woeful? You've just picked up 1 point in 9 from three of them. The step is massive. West Ham were average today, they pretty much scored from 3 out of 4 attacks.

they are woeful. like i said in my post (did you even read it, it was only 2 lines long for christ's sake) we have matched them for woefulness hence we've got 1 point from 3 games. 

you seem to think that every side that wins or draws a game is good? you last week, now newcastle must've been good because they beat us? they're not good they were just better than us, and we were very, very bad so that wasn't hard. a decent championship side would've beaten newcastle today. unfortunately our performance didn't even match that of a decent championship side. 

Firstly, STFU. You need to stop commenting about our team, you know nothing about it.

We also beat Man Utd you cretin.

The first few games showed we are more than capable of competing and staying up at this level. What we are doing at the moment is playing shite, by our standards. We have performed well below our best in the last 3 games so pipe down. Had we played the same way against the likes of you and QPR and other average Championship sides we'd have struggled to get good results.

Can't wait til you get relegated....

We may do as well...but I think we already have enough points to finish above you.

they are woeful. like i said in my post (did you even read it, it was only 2 lines long for christ's sake) we have matched them for woefulness hence we've got 1 point from 3 games. 

you seem to think that every side that wins or draws a game is good? you last week, now newcastle must've been good because they beat us? they're not good they were just better than us, and we were very, very bad so that wasn't hard. a decent championship side would've beaten newcastle today. unfortunately our performance didn't even match that of a decent championship side.

So it's not a big gap? It's just you're not as good as you were last season?

Firstly, STFU. You need to stop commenting about our team, you know nothing about it.

We also beat Man Utd you cretin.

The first few games showed we are more than capable of competing and staying up at this level. What we are doing at the moment is playing shite, by our standards. We have performed well below our best in the last 3 games so pipe down. Had we played the same way against the likes of you and QPR and other average Championship sides we'd have struggled to get good results.

We also beat UTD early in the season 4 years ago and went down. How long are you going to dine out on that game?

bingo. if we'd put in our last 3 performances in the championship last season i'd be amazed if we'd take much more than one point. 

We also beat UTD early in the season 4 years ago and went down. How long are you going to dine out on that game?

I doubt it will be 4 years, that's for sure.

So, you'd have lost to Yoevil? And Barnsley with those performances, yes?

well we very nearly lost to you (and couldn't have complained if we had, such was the ineptness of our performance) and i'm sure even you'd admit the side you put out was mid table championship at best. 

if we'd played yeovil away today and set up like we were terrified of them we wouldn't have won, no. 

The gap between the premier league and the championship is smaller than the gap between Leicester and Burnley.

Dyche has been full of praise for his side, every game this season...current position - 19th.

Pearson has praised his side, but also pointed out our poor performances/results against palace/you etc....current position - 13th.

Dyche and burnley as a club seems to be happy with the way things are going, where as we are disappointed....says a lot about your clubs quality and ambition.

How long are you going to dine out on the fact you drew 2-2 with us? Or that we lost to Palace and Newcastle?

I could bring up good points against Everton and Arsenal as well, or beating Stoke?

The point is you think because you're struggling, that we are going to struggle. You think there's a huge gap because we have had 3 bad games, when before that we had 5 games where we looked very good.

You're just like Dyche, picking and choosing the stats to suit your argument.

Dumbass.

I've said it all along. The Prem is easily the most combative in the world and the gulf is huge.

And one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen on here is that the Championship is quicker!

We keep being hit by a quick breaking opposition. It's no coincidence that our corners are more dangerous to US than the opposition.

How long are you going to dine out on the fact you drew 2-2 with us? Or that we lost to Palace and Newcastle?

I could bring up good points against Everton and Arsenal as well, or beating Stoke

You're just like Dyche, picking and choosing the stats to suit your argument.

Dumbass.

Haha, says he, whilst quoting your best results of the season.

Dumbass.

If we are 'dining out' on that result, we're doing so on a result that saw us force the most successful team in English football history to submit to defeat after going two goals up for the first in over 800 Premier League games. Not to mention being the first newly promoted team every to put more than three past them. If that result is surpassed this season, we're in for a brilliant ride. It showed us we can beat the very best, a team with players like Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney and Di Maria. Well over £150m worth of talent.

Meanwhile, you're still celebrating what must be the first recorded instance of a smash and grab draw at a team who came up with you courtesy of a 96th minute goal. Three 0-0 draws and a snatched draw at a team playing in their first PL season in a decade. 

Is it any wonder that most of the football world considers us far more likely candidates to survive based on form so far?

Archived