Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Some fans have short memories!

I was at the game today and was disappointed to hear some of our fans ranting and raving! What exactly do you expect?.............

We have gone up with a great team and held them together. We've had a great start against some big teams.....Now for the important facts.....

We probably have one of the lowest wage bills in the league which in our first season up we need, for FFP and for the good of the club. We haven't been hammered in a game as yet (look at sunderland today, QPR most weeks). We are out of the relegation zone.......

So what exactly do the fans moaning expect!............Top 4? win every week? get real! this is the Premier League. We were best team today and deserved the points but we didn't get them. Lets move on towards our aim of 17th in the league come the end of the season.

1) FFP is a myth.

2) We weren't the best team today.

3) We didn't deserve more than a point today.

4) I'd like to think we aim higher than 17th.

5) I don't think ANYONE has a short memory as you like to believe right now. Everyone is well and truly understanding of the achievements of last season and ever since Pearson's return actually. We know where we came from and what successes we've had but there's nothing wrong with expecting more of the players after showings like today.

1) FFP is a myth.

2) We weren't the best team today.

3) We didn't deserve more than a point today.

4) I'd like to think we aim higher than 17th.

5) I don't think ANYONE has a short memory as you like to believe right now. Everyone is well and truly understanding of the achievements of last season and ever since Pearson's return actually. We know where we came from and what successes we've had but there's nothing wrong with expecting more of the players after showings like today.

1, Oh dear........

2, You didn't go then?

3, Agreed a point would have been fair

4, Based on what? first season up - That's what most teams aim for.

5, It was the Championship last year, this is the Premier League, a massive massive step up.

I was at the game today and was disappointed to hear some of our fans ranting and raving! What exactly do you expect?.............

We have gone up with a great team and held them together. We've had a great start against some big teams.....Now for the important facts.....

We probably have one of the lowest wage bills in the league which in our first season up we need, for FFP and for the good of the club. We haven't been hammered in a game as yet (look at sunderland today, QPR most weeks). We are out of the relegation zone.......

So what exactly do the fans moaning expect!............Top 4? win every week? get real! this is the Premier League. We were best team today and deserved the points but we didn't get them. Lets move on towards our aim of 17th in the league come the end of the season.

I'd be happy with 17th this season and will be behind Pearson unless it becomes obvious that relegation is inevitable under his stewardship. But this post is complete nonsense. There are very few fans who were expecting Champions League-standard stuff, and most have realistic aims. Our concern is based on those realistic aims, and an equally realistic assessment that one point from a run of games like the last three, coupled with very poor performances, is not going to keep us in the Premier League.

It's reasonable to look for a good solid work ethic in a side, whether they are good enough or not. Such a work ethic might go awry for one match, but our application has been sluggish for three consecutive games now. So we face a choice now: either accept that things need to get markedly better, or kid ourselves that everything is absolutely amazingly right, which is clearly your inclination.

One of these approaches will get us relegated. Guess which one.

1, Oh dear........

2, You didn't go then?

5, It was the Championship last year, this is the Premier League, a massive massive step up.

2. No I didn't go. Watched it online. Am I still allowed to voice my opinion?

4. Why should we be like most teams? I personally think we can do better than just to 'aim for 17th'. Despite the past 3 performances, we've clearly shown we can go up against teams and give it a hell of a good go and not just make up the numbers.

5. Yeah, obviously. What's your point? Everyone knows it'll be incredibly tough but my point still stands that some players today and in other performances need to up their game. 

What did you expect would happen after the third disappointing result in a row? Hugs and kisses?

That is the Q.

I think we set standards in the first few games which we are disappointingly not managing to meet at the minute.  If we continue to play as we are and pick up the results we are getting, then relegation will be the likely outcome.

So I sincerely hope our players and management team can squeeze a bit more out than we are getting at the moment.  

1, Oh dear........

2, You didn't go then?

We didn't deserve anything because we didn't score or have more than one or two chances. We didn't even start with our best side or give ourselves any realistic chance of opening up a suspect and potentially nervous defence.   

2. No I didn't go. Watched it online. Am I still allowed to voice my opinion?

4. Why should we be like most teams? I personally think we can do better than just to 'aim for 17th'. Despite the past 3 performances, we've clearly shown we can go up against teams and give it a hell of a good go and not just make up the numbers.

5. Yeah, obviously. What's your point? Everyone knows it'll be incredibly tough but my point still stands that some players today and in other performances need to up their game. 

2, of course pal!

4,Because we are most teams going up. I think we can as well and after 8 games we are! look at QPR and Burnley. My point is lets get through this season and build on from there.

5,My point is lay off - we're not playing the same crap as last year!

We didn't deserve anything because we didn't score or have more than one or two chances. We didn't even start with our best side or give ourselves any realistic chance of opening up a suspect and potentially nervous defence.   

Agreed totally on the best side bit! why we put one of best players Vardy on the bench in the place of Albrighton and Jeff is beyond me! My point is calm down ! if you had offered 12th after 8 games we've all said yes please!

it was ****ing newcastle utd who had not won a home game this season. 1 point in 9 after man utd is not good enough, and i said after man utd that the next 15 games would define our season . so stop having a go at people who have a different opinon to you

it was ****ing newcastle utd who had not won a home game this season. 1 point in 9 after man utd is not good enough, and i said after man utd that the next 15 games would define our season . so stop having a go at people who have a different opinon to you

Oh dear again! "It was ****ing Newcastle Utd" What the club with one of biggest following and stadiums in the UK? Who have just spent £40mil this season to go with their £12m strikers etc etc. CLOWN! We are 8 games in to a 38 game season.

Oh dear again! "It was ****ing Newcastle Utd" What the club with one of biggest following and stadiums in the UK? Who have just spent £40mil this season to go with their £12m strikers etc etc. CLOWN! We are 8 games in to a 38 game season.

**** off you complete and utter prat there record is ****ing awful this season but yet again we do not take the game to them. big club my arse might have a big stadium and fans but have not won a thing for 41 years so before writing your crap get your facts straight. me the clown who the **** are you anyway

**** off you complete and utter prat there record is ****ing awful this season but yet again we do not take the game to them. big club my arse might have a big stadium and fans but have not won a thing for 41 years so before writing your crap get your facts straight. me the clown who the **** are you anyway

Same as you pal, a fan! Calm down and stop swearing! Newcastle are a bigger club than us, try this? could we have signed any of their signings? no!

Guest seanfox778

There is a lot of overreaction, no doubt that we will lose a lot more then we did last season. We're 4 points off the 4th placed team and some people are now convinced we're going down. It was a disappointing result but we'll move on, we're strong at home and as long as that remains the case we'll be fine. Any point away from home is a good one and we could easily have nicked a point today. We're quite bi-polar as a fan base.

I repeat myself 8 games only .

No 4 games , where Pearson could play our top performers together from last season.

Still alot more to come, but players still only at the phase of proving.... they are actually PL worthy players.

We the fans, them the players, and he Nigel Pearson, we all just dont know yet.

So dont have heart attacks every weekend, sit back and enjoy, or you will miss it.

Look to the good moves, and the well dones in the matches, then see if slowly over the season they start to outweigh,

the poor performances, and the lost points.

You sound like Sean Dyche.

We're presently occupying 13th spot with nine points, discounting the outcome of the games tomorrow between anybody below us in the league - and we'd definitely have taken that by mid October if asked at the beginning of the season....while we were unlucky not to shade a point today at the Toon. 13th spot is where I predict we'll finish the season too. Sure, it is a slight concern of late that we've taken just one point from a possible nine against three struggling sides, whereas you'd have been more inclined to have taken that from the opening five games! The inability to beat the teams in and around us during our previous time in the Prem. under Micky Adams 11 years ago was would ultimately cost us of course so lets hope this is not history repeating, we have a much better balanced side that we had 10--11 years ago too though.

I think for the majority of fans it's rather annoying watching us put in great performances against the likes of United, Arsenal, Everton etc but then when it comes to playing the teams around us we put in sh*t performances!

We should not be letting teams like Burnley make us look poor.

Yesterday Newcastle were there for the taking, they had not won in 7 games, the majority of the 49000 fans there want pardew gone. All we had to do was put Newcastle under pressure and turn the fans against him but we put in a dismal display and didn't even start our strongest 11.

I just don't get this 'complacency' argument. Our players have not suddenly become so self confident and arrogant that they stop trying. This is mystical nonsense.

Secondly, the formation we put out today could have done the job. Pack the middle, keep the ball and stop them playing. It didnt..cest la vie.

Finally, Newcastle were desperate to win. Absolutely desperate. That COULD have gone our way, but again..it didn't.

I agree with the OP. There are a lot of people already getting their knickers in a twist when only a few weeks ago..mark that. ...just a few weeks ago...were hailing Pearson as the best thing ever.

You know who you are, you are fickle if you do this and stop reacting as if every game is one we SHOULD win..it isnt like that. Its the Premier League.

I think it's fair to say hardly anybody expects us to compete for a Top Four spot or put in brilliant performances on a weekly basis.

The frustrating part is that after a great start to the season, we're back on a slump for the first time in months (something we've not experienced for a while since the Championship days) and it's just painful to watch the players care so little and the manager coming up with such defensive and cautious approaches and tactics against some of the "weaker" or out-of-form teams in the league. Giving in and losing while you've put in an effort or ran your socks off is one thing, inviting opposition such as Newcastle, who have been without a win so far, to apply pressure on us and seeing bloody Obertan score the winner - his first goal for the Toons in two (!) years - you know your team is in deep trouble.

We've had the international break to prep up accordingly and then Pearson fields a 4-5-1, with one of our two best attackers not even starting.

It's days like this when I despair a little occasionally.

Because, let's face it: We know we can play better than that. A lot better.

Archived