Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

premier league away atmosphere HOME TEAMS

Haven't seen a decent atmosphere from home fans yet when we've gone away. Newcastle yesterday were terrible didn't even sing when they went 1-0 up!

Did you miss it last week when people had been on there forum and they wanted us to win.

They were not overly happy as they want pardew out and the win will not have helped.

Did you miss it last week when people had been on there forum and they wanted us to win.

They were not overly happy as they want pardew out and the win will not have helped.

Regardless I would still sing poor excuse. Hope Swansea sing up next week. To be fair even visiting away fans haven't been great.

This, although saying that the atmosphere at SJP has been nothing short of embarrassing for a number of years now and like most things (and there are a lot) wrong with the club it is down to Mike Ashley.

We did have a section in level 7 near the away end where 3,000 were stood singing, because of anti Ashley chanting/banners he closed the section forcing every like minded fan to split up and mix in with the old, miserable ***** in the lower part of the ground who think they are God's gift because they've been going for decades.

Sadly at Football these days the over the top rules and the sheer amount of clampits that attend games mean that the atmosphere at most places is shit.

I didn't think Palace were up to much, despite the wankfest over their fanatics.

If i'm honest and i'm not being bias because as it's been discussed time and time again about our poor atmosphere in previous season but I think we've been pretty good this season (Barr the Burnely game), i'm not saying we've been the best but our home atmosphere seemed like it had certainly improved in our first few games.

Newcastle are one of the worst I've seen. 50,000 and they were absolutely silent. I do get the feeling it's largely down to the way the club is being ran though.

We're in no position to criticise them though. Yesterday was an absolutely piss poor away end from us.

Newcastle were shocking. Literally didn't hear a single song. Really weird. I didn't think we were as terrible as some people are making out. Maybe I was in a decent section near the back though

There are about 200 stood at the back of the Strawberry Corner opposite the away end that stand and sing. There are also a few acne riddled virgins who give it large and sing the odd shit song at 3000 mph to the right of the away end. SJP is full of spineless happy clapping bellends these days.

I personally think it will be like this with a lot of Premier League teams.

Sky will hype up the passion and atmospheres of premier teams (looking after their own income when people want to watch and see when sky view their games)

The unfortunate thing is a lot if premier league teams will have a lot of neutrals or day-trippers. You are always going to have better atmospheres from lower league teams

I couldn't get in the away allocation so sat in the Leazes stand below our lot. When we sang we sounded great. Just surprised we didn't sing more. First half the atmosphere was like a cricket match just after lunch. Geordie behind me was calling Colback a fec@kin c@NT who should feck off ouwt owah club after 50 seconds.

If only we had scored first the atmosphere would have turned poisonous in seconds

I personally think it will be like this with a lot of Premier League teams.

Sky will hype up the passion and atmospheres of premier teams (looking after their own income when people want to watch and see when sky view their games)

The unfortunate thing is a lot if premier league teams will have a lot of neutrals or day-trippers. You are always going to have better atmospheres from lower league teams

I don't agree with the last bit.

Atmospheres in England are just shit in general. We've got a culture where the atmosphere is accepted as being awful. That's what's different here to the rest of Europe.

I don't agree with the last bit.

Atmospheres in England are just shit in general. We've got a culture where the atmosphere is accepted as being awful. That's what's different here to the rest of Europe.

Don't get me wrong mate European atmospheres are a lot better and a lot more affordable to watch.

English atmospheres aren't great but for a better experience it's definitely in the lower leagues

There are also a few acne riddled virgins who give it large and sing the odd shit song at 3000 mph to the right of the away end.

They must be the ones giving it the big un behind the stewards at the end of the game, then throwing plastic bottles.

Then when down on the ground level a few more little oinks were all standing there behind the stewards, plods giving it large again.

It's a shame the plod don't just say, 'ok chaps, all yours', they'd run a mile then like the muppets at Huddersfield last season when the away end got onto the pitch to celebrate.

Kids like this should grow up a bit.

BTW, any Toon fan who has a season ticket right up there deserves a free one for life, I was row Y the very back row and it felt like I was back in the midlands watching it. Too far away from the pitch to feel there.

Yesterday has to be the worst ive ever heard our fans away we were total shite I was even telling them so as we were trying to get behind the lads.Whether it was down to the way the away end is or just a lot of day trippers out to see the big grounds I dont know but please if your are going to take up an away ticket please get behind the lads . 

I couldn't get in the away allocation so sat in the Leazes stand below our lot. When we sang we sounded great. Just surprised we didn't sing more. First half the atmosphere was like a cricket match just after lunch. Geordie behind me was calling Colback a fec@kin c@NT who should feck off ouwt owah club after 50 seconds.

If only we had scored first the atmosphere would have turned poisonous in seconds[/quote

Was he a large fellow with thinning hair who screamed 'what's a library?', I was in your situation, leazes west to the right of our fans.

The only noise sadly (other than the goal) came with the bottle fight at the end. Jeb ends on both sides there.

Don't get me wrong mate European atmospheres are a lot better and a lot more affordable to watch.

English atmospheres aren't great but for a better experience it's definitely in the lower leagues

Yeah fair point, it's better in non-league than the football league though.

SJP was silent, but where was genuinely loud last season?

Our lot jumping around in the concourse but shutting up in the stands.

I could smell smoke and could see the concourse covered in dirty water which was pretty obviously due to one of our recent style concourses. They are quality. Missed this one though :(

Archived