Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

What did King do wrong

Nothing. He was poor at Stoke along with the rest of the team and hasn't managed to get back in since. He'll get his chance im sure. I'd prefer to see him than Cambiasso but I'm in the minority. I do think James is class though and if fit, has to play

I think we need to go there and be positive from the off and play them at their own game in terms of getting at sides with pace and power.

As good and as dangerous Bony & SIgurdsson are, I think Routledge & Dyer are the main threat to us with their pace, directness & whipping quality balls into the box. They both tend to have good games against and I can see who ever plays wide right having Koncheskey on toast. I'm not a massive fan of Schlupp at left back but I think his pace at left back will be a distraction to the usual tap and run trait used by Dyer & Routledge.

I've seen many cries for the 442, granted it worked last season but the championship all played that way also. When we played 442 against Burnley both Hammond & Drinkwater where committed in attack which was leaving huge gaps of space for burnley to break into. Games against Stoke & United we always had Cambiasso in that hole tidying things up. Swansea will have SIgurdsson sitting in that gap so illd have Matty James in that hole tidying up when necessary as I don't think Cambiasso will have the pace for their fast attacking football / counter.

I've seen many posts criticising De Laet, in particular for the goal saying he was was out of position, but did anyone not notice his interception and the way he skipped past 3 players moments before? If his shot riffled into the top corner it would of been a contender for goal of the season. The shot could of gone for a corner, bounced into the path of our strikers, we were just very unfortunate in the way it bounced straight to them. If we have closed obertan down earlier and not allowed him inside onto his right, the goal would of been prevented.

I fancy King to come in for this one and add a bit more legs in midfield. Him being a welsh international, back in Wales could be a good incentive too. He's calm on the ball and could find that killer the pass the strikers have been missing in recent games. We all know he can finish, if only he had the chance Matty James did yesterday ....

The team I would go for would be:

Schmichael

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

James

Drinkwater

King

Nugent

Vardy

Ulloa

yeah i was waiting for the first person to say that. wasn't sure if it counted but even if it does it doesn't move away from my point; has anyone ever left an away game in wales even slightly pleased?

Went to Ninian park in 06/07. Chopra hat trick. We were dog poo. Scored two late goals to make it 3-2.

Let's just win, please. It's been 3 games now. It's been a hell of a long time since we went 3 without a win surely??

(I do realise this is going to happen a lot this year, it's just hugely frustrating!)

Sheff wed, brighton and burnley last December was LLD in terms of form. we then won 9 in a row and went unbeaten for pretty much the rest of the season. good times ey

I would be tempted to give Simpson a go, I do like De laet, but we tried to cope with his defensive frailties by having Albrighton in front to protect him, but that just seemed to nullify Albrighton.

Nugent was involved in some nice little play on the flanks, but as soon as he was in the position we want a wide player in he didn't know what to do.

If we are going to line 4231 I would go:

Kasper

Simpson Moore Morgan Konch

Cambiasso James

Mahrez Drinkwater Vardy

Ulloa

I also wouldn't object to Hammond in for Cambiasso or James, the other alternative is King or Powell in for DD.

I'm not blaming anyone for the poor performances, but Mahrez needs to start, the problem is RDL gets forward too much to play with Mahrez on the right, especially away from home. Our midfield isn't really clicking at the mo, but does that mean change it or persevere and give what is generally accepted as our best 3 midfielders more time to gel.

They're 5 games without a win.

I would love to see us go there and be positive, let's get at them with some pace and movement up top.

thats exactly what Pearson will be thinking.

Thats exactly what NP should have been thinking against Newcastle but he played Ulloa solo up front instead of starting  442 with either Vardy or Nugent up front in support

Get Hammond back in to shore things in the middle and maybe King (as these have been our two best midfielders this year), with Schlupp and Albrighton out wide and Nugent and Ulloa up top

Jesus christ that's ****ing awful.

Did you pick the team for Newcastle? Good God.

Jesus christ that's ****ing awful.

Did you pick the team for Newcastle? Good God.

You mean the team taht done so well in the first few games when we had King and Hammon in the middle with Nugent just behind Ulloa why try to fix something when its not broken

You mean the team taht done so well in the first few games when we had King and Hammon in the middle with Nugent just behind Ulloa why try to fix something when its not broken

Very good point.

Hammond’s replacement (James) cost us 2 points against Burnley because of his woefully mis-timed ‘tackle’.

Nugent, King, Vardy and Hammond are probably our four hardest-working players.  None of them started against Newcastle.

I would suggest bringing back maybe 2 or 3 all them against Swansea. Ulloa and Cambiasso on the bench.

Very good point.

Hammond’s replacement (James) cost us 2 points against Burnley because of his woefully mis-timed ‘tackle’.

Nugent, King, Vardy and Hammond are probably our four hardest-working players.  None of them started against Newcastle.

I would suggest bringing back maybe 2 or 3 all them against Swansea. Ulloa and Cambiasso on the bench.

This we need to go back to the team that served us so well in the first few games

how on earth have they lost / drawn 5 on the trot - their attacking options are awesome - they've played some pony teams in that sequence too

At least they have Leicester next. Time for them to get their attack back.

I think we'll be cunted.

Can't see us getting hammered.

****ing hell, we're not that bad.

We just need to go back to basic stuff that saw us start well. Being positive going forward and our high energy pressing game.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Nugent
Vardy

how on earth have they lost / drawn 5 on the trot - their attacking  options are awesome - they've played some pony teams in that sequence too

Bit like us.

Archived