Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

how on earth have they lost / drawn 5 on the trot - their attacking  options are awesome - they've played some pony teams in that sequence too

Because there are also some average players in there especially at the back:

Fabianski

Ashley Williams

Federico Fernandez

Neil Taylor

Angle Rangel

Decent, but none of them are outstanding, Ki Sung-Yeung and Shelvey, again decent, but not players we should really fear, likewise Routledge.

Sigurdsson, Dyer and Bony are their key players, but Bony has been off the boil this season, Dyer's pace will cause us problems, although Simpson has played against him a few times before so another reason to give him the nod, and Sigurdsson is class, but the real problem is not the individuals but the way they work as a team and how to counter it.

We obviously need to get into them quickly and not let them dictate the game, but we also can't get dragged out of position, going to be a tough game and maybe one for Hammond to come back in as a spoiler.

I’d bring in Vardy and Nugent for Ulloa and Cambiasso. Put Powell on the bench to give him a chance maybe.

For me, the back four hasn’t really done too much wrong in the past two games.  They need better protection from the Midfield, plus we need to create more chances.

I'd keep James in cos he is a top player who just needs a run of games to get back to his best.

Kasper

De laet – Moore – Morgan – Konch

Mahrez – James – Drinky – Shlupp

Nugent

Vardy

1-1 or 2-1 loss

Can feel the rot slowly setting in and Nige will be gone by January with Moyes coming in  :ph34r:

Its been poor last 3 games, no passion, no fight and Pearson just talks before and after games in that monotone voice with no emotion when he should be bollocking the players, in facts its get boring now.  If it continues we will go down with Burnley & QPR, what happened to that adrenaline in the first games before we beat Man U in style ??

I hope they prove me wrong but I still think there's a lot of players in our squad who simply aren't good enough for the PL and reckon we will get a new manager and a few new names in January

but as I said its up to them to prove me wrong

Jesus christ that's ****ing awful.

Did you pick the team for Newcastle? Good God.

lol

Going to have to agree with those saying I'll wait til I see the starting line-up before I predict a scoreline. We have got to approach the game in a much better fashion than we did against Newcastle.

The shame is we've gone from our confidence being sky high to it potentially being on the floor in 3 games. We certainly played like a team who hadn't won all season.

I'm begging he drops Schlupp and Albrighton and brings Vardy in. And if he panics and brings Hammond back in because we lost I'll be livid.

Come on Nigel, back to sanity.

Very good point.

Hammond’s replacement (James) cost us 2 points against Burnley because of his woefully mis-timed ‘tackle’.

Nugent, King, Vardy and Hammond are probably our four hardest-working players.  None of them started against Newcastle.

I would suggest bringing back maybe 2 or 3 all them against Swansea. Ulloa and Cambiasso on the bench.

Hammond cost us both goals at Palace.

James is at least three times the player Hammond is. Dropping him because we lost against Newcastle and because he fouled someone would be madness.

Guest LCFC_World

We need to get back to winning ways, the players need to give the fans travelling all that way a good performance. Now, for the team:

Kasper

Simpson - Better Defensively than RDL.

Moore

Morgan

Konch

-------------------

Albrighton - Looked decent against Newcastle.

Cambiasso 

Drinky

Mahrez - Very Skillful. 

--------------------

Nugent - His off the ball work is amazing, closing players down etc

Vardy - Pace is scary for defenders

Left Leo out of the starting 11, didn't put in a good performance against Newcastle, had a good first 5 games, but needs a break. NO ONE should have a guaranteed starting place in our team. Bring him on in the second half. Tempting to put Schlupp  in that team to compete against Dyer, but he's not been the best has he..

Albrighton - Looked decent against Newcastle.

When? One decent cross and a wayward one that almost went in was all I remember him doing personally. Didn't look fit.

I'd put Nugent in behind Ulloa, he was dreadful on Saturday when he come on, but seems to bring the best out of Leo - IE Everton, United, Stoke etc. Worried about Dyer/Routledge tearing out full backs apart as we always seem to struggle against pace, Palace away and Obertan have already proven this season. Would take a draw right now and hopefully get back to winning ways at the KP. I don't think we're a million miles away at all, still finding our feet but we can't continue in that vein for too much longer.

Get Hammond back in to shore things in the middle and maybe King (as these have been our two best midfielders this year), with Schlupp and Albrighton out wide and Nugent and Ulloa up top

You obv didn't see albrighton, schlupp and nugent play at Newcastle.

Put this in the 'team for Swansea thread'.

4-4-2 diamond or 4-4-2 for me. Only risk with a diamond is that Swansea are strong out wide.

I'd go with this;

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Albrighton - James - Drinkwater - Mahrez

Nugent - Vardy

Bench to include the likes of Ulloa, Knockaert, Powell and Cambiasso.

De Laet would get absolutely ripped apart by Routledge. It's Bolasie all over again. He has never convinced me defensively and we simply aren't getting away with it, especially in a game like this. Simpson is largely untried, but I fail to believe he's any worse than De Laet defensively. Konchesky was awful at Newcastle but even the thought of Schlupp against Nathan Dyer gives me insomnia, so he will have to do.

That midfield duo is the best of a two we can pick and I thought at Newcastle they played quite well together in parts of the second half.

Albrighton's a funny one I know, but I would rather go with him than Knockaert or Schlupp at the minute. Granted, he's done very little, but I bet he's played about ninety minutes all season. Give him a proper chance before writing him off. He can quite clearly deliver a ball. Mahrez is the second name on the teamsheet after Vardy. He's on a completely different level to any winger we have at the minute, he is without a doubt starting this game.

Vardy as I say is a banker to start. I could understand Mahrez being omitted (though maybe not from the 18) at Newcastle, but why the **** did Vardy not start? He's our most dangerous player. I say Nugent over Ulloa for two reasons - one of them is that with Ulloa, our defenders are doing exactly what they always do whenever we sign a big man, it happened with Wood and Kane and it's happening again with Ulloa, we're hoofing it rather than playing out of defence. It's almost like doing the opposition's defending for them. It's shit football that we can't even effectively play. Ulloa's lack of presence might actually make them think twice about hoofing it, though that shouldn't need Nugent's presence to do. The other reason is he's far more comfortable dropping deeper than Ulloa and Vardy are - we will need that against these. They dictate the game from deep and will try and pass it through us. Nugent being there won't allow that to happen so easily. Whilst I think he needs to offer more in front of goal to be a regular in this league, he will have to suffice next weekend. In the long-term I'd like to see us buy a forward of his ilk, but one who scores as well.

That's what I'd go with. I'm not expecting much as we're not as good as these, but you never know. I did say yesterday morning it would be very typical of Leicester to lose to Newcastle and win at Swansea - we're half way there.

Because there are also some average players in there especially at the back:

Fabianski

Ashley Williams

Federico Fernandez

Neil Taylor

Angle Rangel

Decent, but none of them are outstanding, Ki Sung-Yeung and Shelvey, again decent, but not players we should really fear, likewise Routledge.

Sigurdsson, Dyer and Bony are their key players, but Bony has been off the boil this season, Dyer's pace will cause us problems, although Simpson has played against him a few times before so another reason to give him the nod, and Sigurdsson is class, but the real problem is not the individuals but the way they work as a team and how to counter it.

We obviously need to get into them quickly and not let them dictate the game, but we also can't get dragged out of position, going to be a tough game and maybe one for Hammond to come back in as a spoiler.

I wouldn't call Ashley Williams average. One of the better performing centre backs in the Premier League the past few seasons.

Schmeichel

De Leat

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

Ulloa

Nugent

Can see us starting with that team to be honest. No doubt we will double up on Dyer with Schlupp and Konch

My first game of this season so no doubt we'll lose, I seem to bring bad luck whenever I watch us recently.

Hopefully he'll put out our strongest 11...or atleast closest to our strongest!

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

James

Vardy

Nugent

Ulloa

I've put Simpson in ahead of RDL as he's better defensively and coming up against the likes of Routledge, Dyer & Bony our defenders will need to be at the top of there game. De laet tends to have games where he makes quite a few mistakes and as we've had 3 pretty poor performances recently we can't afford another.

Were the people saying we need pace or we'll get skinned actually watching the game on Saturday when the usually indolent Obertan was consistently drifting past two of our quicker players in De Laet and Moore?

Kasper

Simpson - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

De Laet - Cambiasso - Drinkwater - Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Vardy through the middle is a must for me & Ulloa is a must.

We need a better winger but I think De Laet is the man that can cover for the moment, Albrighton doesn't deserve to be playing and neither does Schlupp they both seemed a bit half hearted against Newcastle and caused very little threat. Simpson should get a chance, he's looked good when hes played.

Back to a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 and play at a very high tempo.

Were the people saying we need pace or we'll get skinned actually watching the game on Saturday when the usually indolent Obertan was consistently drifting past two of our quicker players in De Laet and Moore?

2 new words in the last 2 days I've learned from this place!

Obertan and Pards have had a bit of a love in recently, so it's not a shock he pulled out a good performance. The guys lightening quick as well. He didn't create too many openings that I remember. Saying that I did keep flicking over to soccer Saturday as the game was painfully boring.

Archived