Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NeilLCFC

Wood / Ulloa

Might get pelters for this but I'd like to see Ulloa dropped for a couple of games. Not that he's been any worse than the rest of em, but let's give Wood a go and see how he can do at this level. He could just impress and still seems eager to do so.

Lee-Peltier-300x177.jpg

Can't quote as I'm on the phone, but RE: the guy who said Morgan and Ulloa have been the two best players this season. As decent as Morgan has been this year, I feel that he (and Kasper) are the main culprits for launching it long to Ulloa.

This must be tactical from Pearson, but clearly it didn't work vs. Newcastle as there wasn't a player near him. Schlupp or Albrighton weren't close enough to get any second balls and there weren't any runners from midfield - an area I think we would benefit from having King play.

If we're going to play long ball, then it either needs to be when Nuge is in the hole looking to get that second ball, when we have a runner from midfield (Nuge, King or Powell?) or in to space for Vardy to run onto. None of which we had on Saturday. First half we should have kept the ball down and try to get it to Ulloa on the deck to hold play up until there were options on the wings or midfield - the James chance was the only case of that I can remember.

I'd like to make clear that this isn't some sort of witch hunt against Ulloa or Wood as I think they are great players. 

There are too many similarities...we played decent football before we signed either Wood or Ulloa, both come here and have a couple of amazing games and we look like we could have any team in the land. A few games later and the tactics seem to have changed, players throughout the team look like they've lost interest and we're loosing games we should be winning.

I've always defended Nige on here and still stand by him but I can't help but feel this is down to him. 

I'd like to make clear that this isn't some sort of witch hunt against Ulloa or Wood as I think they are great players.

There are too many similarities...we played decent football before we signed either Wood or Ulloa, both come here and have a couple of amazing games and we look like we could have any team in the land. A few games later and the tactics seem to have changed, players throughout the team look like they've lost interest and we're loosing games we should be winning.

I've always defended Nige on here and still stand by him but I can't help but feel this is down to him.

Who'd have thought 3 weeks ago we was wishing him well in the England job haha.

Beat Swansea away and all will be rosey again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to know my thoughts on Ulloa before we signed him ask babs.

But I said at the time I would support him if we got him and I will.

Sine he came in he's done a damn site better than wood would have.

Anyone who thinks Wood could do a better job than Ulloa doing what Ulloa does is crazy.

Anyone want to know my thoughts on Ulloa before we signed him ask babs.

But I said at the time I would support him if we got him and I will.

Sine he came in he's done a damn site better than wood would have.

Anyone who thinks Wood could do a better job than Ulloa doing what Ulloa does is crazy.

Absolutely.

Ulloa is clearly a superior footballer to Wood in every way, if we get the service to him he'll be fine.

Poor guy. Knew he would be the victim of his own success.

I actually thought he did ok on Saturday, layed a goal on a plate for James and would have won a penalty had the ref not been hopeless.

Of all the players I'm looking to drop from Saturday he's among the last on the list.

It was inevitable really. He was never going to maintain a goal a game.

I don't think he's been helped, but I think we're struggling to find a formation that benefits everyone. The question you've got to ask - is he a better forward than Vardy? Because I've not seen a balanced formation where both succeed. It worked against Man Utd, but they did play a pretty different kind of game to most other sides. The diamond appeals to me but are we good enough to play it? I'm not sure our full-backs are up to it.

we have played a lot better when we have played 442 as its the formation that we are used to I would like to see ulloa and vardy partner each other up front problem is that we have some good quality central midfielders and if we play 442 then there going to be sat on the bench but then were only playing 1 up front and we cant handle that so we not scoring. so the season is going to be a very big compromise theres going to be games that we will have to play 451 and realise we are not going to score as many goals.

we have played a lot better when we have played 442 as its the formation that we are used to I would like to see ulloa and vardy partner each other up front problem is that we have some good quality central midfielders and if we play 442 then there going to be sat on the bench but then were only playing 1 up front and we cant handle that so we not scoring. so the season is going to be a very big compromise theres going to be games that we will have to play 451 and realise we are not going to score as many goals.

Why is that a problem? They are employed to play in a squad. There will be injuries and players who get tired, so the players that are not playing will get games at some point in the season.

If they can't handle being in a squad, then they are in the wrong profession.

Wow can't believe this is a thread! lol

IMO Ulloa hasn't done anything wrong! When we were a lot more attacking and providing him service he was scoring for us! Hasn't he scored something like 5 goals from 6 chances? Since the Man Utd game I can't think of an opportunity he has been given! If he hasn't got the service he isnt going to get the goals! He isn't a Messi/Ronaldo that can come deep, take 5/6 players on and get a shot away! He is coming deep to help the team out, it frustrates me seeing it because your target man shouldn't be doing it! He is a team player and work very hard for the team!

If all he done was stand on te half way line waiting for someone to set him up each week you'd all be slagging him off calling him another Beckford or Yakubu!

Woods hasn't got the same work rate and Ulloa and although he took his chance against Everyon how many times did he ruin opportunists last season!

Wow can't believe this is a thread! lol

IMO Ulloa hasn't done anything wrong! When we were a lot more attacking and providing him service he was scoring for us! Hasn't he scored something like 5 goals from 6 chances? Since the Man Utd game I can't think of an opportunity he has been given! If he hasn't got the service he isnt going to get the goals! He isn't a Messi/Ronaldo that can come deep, take 5/6 players on and get a shot away! He is coming deep to help the team out, it frustrates me seeing it because your target man shouldn't be doing it! He is a team player and work very hard for the team!

If all he done was stand on te half way line waiting for someone to set him up each week you'd all be slagging him off calling him another Beckford or Yakubu!

Woods hasn't got the same work rate and Ulloa and although he took his chance against Everyon how many times did he ruin opportunists last season!

It would be great if you read the thread properly before commenting!

I don't agree that we changed our style of play when Wood arrived. He just isnt very good at holding the ball up, doesnt use his body strength enough, and has a pretty poor first touch. He's basically not good enough for us.

Ulloa is a million times better. We just arent playing very well at the moment.

Archived