Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Powell and Lawrence

What has Lawrence done to prove he is worthy of starting.

He wasn't brought in to be a first teamer, and he is quite a way a way of being first team material. 

Powell needs to be introduced soon though, Nugent needs competition if we decide to revert back to 4-4-1-1

I've never seen Lawrence play so I can't judge but I know the United fans that thought he was "the next giggsy" but Powell should definitely get a chance.

I think Pearson will be disappointed with albrighton and Schlupp so maybe it's time to give Lawrence a run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good option? Based on what exactly, certainly not based on seeing them train or play obviously.

Why is it, the second a few results go against you people want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Any player currently not starting is made out to be better than they actually are.

He can't cross for shit though, how many bad balls have we seen him put in from right back?

Based on seeing them both play twice last season

Sounds like a good option? Based on what exactly, certainly not based on seeing them train or play obviously.

Why is it, the second a few results go against you people want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Any player currently not starting is made out to be better than they actually are.

It is a good option, whether it should be option 1 is a different matter.

Lawrence and Powell have both been considered very promising talents in their young careers, I certainly wouldn't be sorry to see them on the bench against Swansea. We won't know how good they are until we give them a chance, with the team out of form who's to say they shouldn't be considered?

It is a good option, whether it should be option 1 is a different matter.

Lawrence and Powell have both been considered very promising talents in their young careers, I certainly wouldn't be sorry to see them on the bench against Swansea. We won't know how good they are until we give them a chance, with the team out of form who's to say they shouldn't be considered?

I'm well aware that both are young talents. But the OP seemed to be stating that both of them should start above everyone else, based on the fact he'd seen them play twice last year, which frankly is ridiculous at this moment in time and would scream of utter desperation.

Involving them from the bench to see how they go is one thing, that's how we introduced other players. Chucking them both straight in well, I think I'd lose all faith in Pearson unless they had suddenly started producing magical form in training.

"We won't know how good they are until we give them a chance" Sorry, I don't buy that. Never have never will. No we might not, but we don't pick the team do we. The manager does and he does give them chances, in reserve games, youth games and in training.

I'm well aware that both are young talents. But the OP seemed to be stating that both of them should start above everyone else, based on the fact he'd seen them play twice last year, which frankly is ridiculous at this moment in time and would scream of utter desperation.

Involving them from the bench to see how they go is one thing, that's how we introduced other players. Chucking them both straight in well, I think I'd lose all faith in Pearson unless they had suddenly started producing magical form in training.

"We won't know how good they are until we give them a chance" Sorry, I don't buy that. Never have never will. No we might not, but we don't pick the team do we. The manager does and he does give them chances, in reserve games, youth games and in training.

:thumbup:

Is a poster REALLY stating a player should be included because he's seen them play twice last season?

Now isn't the time to be mixing and matching. Though I would say this: no player should be undroppable from any squad. Yes, how it's done is important, but the team must come first.

It really is used as a catch-all... we have a bad run and players we haven't even seen in a City shirt 'need to be given a chance'. Like you, I don't buy that. Pearson and his coaching team will know who they want to pick and how they want to set-up.

why would you play Powell a similar player in behind ulloa? Lawrence I would love to see play on the left and is a position he is used to but obviously Pearson not ready to put him in the first team. We do need to sort the left handside out, that is clear.

This season was always going to be an uphill struggle, and  people on here should accept that fact.

Powell and Lawrence will get their chance, when the manager deems them ready. It remains to be seen if they will seize their opportunity, and produce the goods. We are in no position to judge, if and when they will be ready.

I do feel that Konch. and Geoff, are our current weakest links, but other players have struggled since the Man Utd. game.

As I have said before though, if we survive this season, then hopefully next,  we will have gained enough experience to make life easier. The manager and the players are undergoing a huge learning curve, and if we survive, our season will have been a success.

He can't cross for shit though, how many bad balls have we seen him put in from right back?

Would not be so bad if the people suggesting this had a clue what positions the players played in.

A little to much FM me thinks.

Sorry can I just clarify how many games is enough?

I would have 2/3 is a lot more than many commenting here would have seen these two play.

If Mahrez plays on the right then who is the best option on the left? Suggestions welcome.

If ulloa plays up top and nige wants to play with someone in the hole, then who is the best option? Suggestions welcome.

This isn't a witch hunt after the Newcastle game, I'm genuinely surprised both haven't featured yet.

I imagine Lawrence is very much one for the future. Powell is a different matter. Very surprised he would have been loaned to us (or agreed to come for that matter) without the promise of first team football.

Surely should have had a spot on the bench at least by now.

Sorry can I just clarify how many games is enough?

I would have 2/3 is a lot more than many commenting here would have seen these two play.

If Mahrez plays on the right then who is the best option on the left? Suggestions welcome.

If ulloa plays up top and nige wants to play with someone in the hole, then who is the best option? Suggestions welcome.

This isn't a witch hunt after the Newcastle game, I'm genuinely surprised both haven't featured yet.

I don't really care if you've seen them 500 times, it's the fact people (not just you) start asking for x and y player to be chucked in just because of a couple of bad result is what's annoying. Were you calling for them to play three games ago? No, but now they have suddenly become worth a starting place.

I don't really care if you've seen them 500 times, it's the fact people (not just you) start asking for x and y player to be chucked in just because of a couple of bad result is what's annoying. Were you calling for them to play three games ago? No, but now they have suddenly become worth a starting place.

I imagine it's down to being disappointed with players performances so wanting to see a change.

This is why it was so disappointing to have surrendered our place in the League cup, the League cup gives opportunities to players like Powell and Lawrence to make a claim for a first team place, and to play alongside their teammates in a competitive match.

At the moment it is a a massive risk bringing either in when we have proven reliable performers who may have had a bit of a blip recently.

I imagine it's down to being disappointed with players performances so wanting to see a change.

It has been a couple of games, people also seem to now be completely writing off the likes of Knockaert and Albrighton who haven't really featured. It's the usual knee jerk stuff that I've seen year after year.

Introducing them into the squad and team via the bench is one thing. Chucking them straight in the team is another. Especially based on nothing more than a couple of games last year.

It has been a couple of games, people also seem to now be completely writing off the likes of Knockaert and Albrighton who haven't really featured. It's the usual knee jerk stuff that I've seen year after year.

Introducing them into the squad and team via the bench is one thing. Chucking them straight in the team is another. Especially based on nothing more than a couple of games last year.

Totally agree with you to be fair. I would like to see Powell on the bench and introduced, he looked like he had serious potential at Crewe but has had limited game time. I hate to see obviously talented younger players rotting in teams reserves when they could be getting game time elsewhere.

This is why it was so disappointing to have surrendered our place in the League cup, the League cup gives opportunities to players like Powell and Lawrence to make a claim for a first team place, and to play alongside their teammates in a competitive match.

At the moment it is a a massive risk bringing either in when we have proven reliable performers who may have had a bit of a blip recently.

The thing is though do we really have proven reliable perfomers at this level? Not really.

I agree at the moment it is a risk but it is 1 point in 9 and a fair chance it could be 1 in 12. The West Brom game would then be a big big match. But if we were to lose that then that would be 1 point in 15 and then bringing new players in seems less of a risk.

We're probably going to have to take some risks at some time the question is when to take them.

Archived