Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Are we guilty of trying to change too much?

Not saying best players, but... King & Hammond our best pairing so far this season. King not had a look-in during the spell that our results and performances have dipped.

And despite some legendary performances from Big Wes & Liam we look porous at the back, need Upson fit & pushing them every step of the way.

Not saying best players, but... King & Hammond our best pairing so far this season. King not had a look-in during the spell that our results and performances have dipped.

And despite some legendary performances from Big Wes & Liam we look porous at the back, need Upson fit & pushing them every step of the way.

Incorrect actually, the King & Hammond partnership saw 2 points collected. Both wins occured with Cambiasso and Drinkwater made his return to the first team.

Incorrect actually, the King & Hammond partnership saw 2 points collected. Both wins occured with Cambiasso and Drinkwater made his return to the first team.

He said best pairing, not who had collected the most points and in the games Hammon and King played together we looked solid and organised in midlfieder against some stern opposition

Trying to accommodate ulloa is what's fvcking us up.

As horrible as it sounds I think you're right! Vards is hands down our biggest threat when he's playing on the shoulder of the last man, and although Nuge has had a tough time of it the last few games he's the only man who seems to be able to link the midfield and the striker, apart from Mahrez but he needs to be out wide. 

One thing that worried me about Pearson when we had that horrendous run a couple of seasons back, was his continued insistence on fielding Harry Kane AND then playing him out wide.

Week after week we saw young Kane in a City shirt playing like a donkey. Rumours abound, at the time, that Pearson HAD to play him, as part of his loan agreement?

It backfired big time, as we know.

Now, and shoot me down if you so wish, some of my concern about signing Cambiasso (hugely ridiculed on here) was along the same lines.. will Nige feel compelled to play such a big name even if he isn't that good anymore OR he doesn't fit into our style of play? Is Cambi 'droppable' and what may be the implications? I don't know, I'm just surmising but what I do think is that we look a more mobile unit when Andy King plays. Andy King is not all the answers to our recent dip in form..hes simply not that good, but I do think we look better when he is in the side. I'd hate to think Pearson feels he must play Cambiasso because of his reputation. Anyway, just a thought.

Trying to accommodate ulloa is what's fvcking us up.

Yeah you're right sort of.

It’s all about getting the right combination of players who complement each other.

If we want to just play one up front then Pearson needs to choose 3 midfielders who will complement the strengths of the lone striker.

If we play James/Drinky/Cambiasso in Midfield then there’s going to be a big gap between midfield and up front.  Vardy’s game is ‘on the shoulder’ of the last defender. So you can just sling a ball over the top for him to chase on to, and the gap doesn’t matter too much.

However, Ulloa’s main game is with his back to goal. So, if you play Ulloa up front on his own then you need a midfielder like King or Nugent who will get forward and support him. He can win the ball and play it off to them.

Pearson just got it wrong on Saturday.   I’m beginning to think that Pearson really doesn’t understand how midfield works. He spent ages trying to get King and Drinkwater to play in a midfield two, even though neither of them was that good defensively.

Not sure it has anything to do with Ulloa. We played well for the majority of the first 5 games with him in.

I just cannot fathom why Pearson put Schlupp and Albrighton in. We start with Vardy & Nugent/Mahrez instead we win that game, I'm convinced.

They weren't in a pair and King/Hammond both were largely involved in very credible efforts against Everton and Chelsea.

One thing that worried me about Pearson when we had that horrendous run a couple of seasons back, was his continued insistence on fielding Harry Kane AND then playing him out wide.

Week after week we saw young Kane in a City shirt playing like a donkey. Rumours abound, at the time, that Pearson HAD to play him, as part of his loan agreement?

It backfired big time, as we know.

Now, and shoot me down if you so wish, some of my concern about signing Cambiasso (hugely ridiculed on here) was along the same lines.. will Nige feel compelled to play such a big name even if he isn't that good anymore OR he doesn't fit into our style of play? Is Cambi 'droppable' and what may be the implications? I don't know, I'm just surmising but what I do think is that we look a more mobile unit when Andy King plays. Andy King is not all the answers to our recent dip in form..hes simply not that good, but I do think we look better when he is in the side. I'd hate to think Pearson feels he must play Cambiasso because of his reputation. Anyway, just a thought.

did you have your head in the clouds when cambiasso wasn't even involved in the squad two games ago? or when he was left on the bench vs arsenal? or started from the bench vs stoke? 

-------------

our problem is trying to play the opponents and the occasion instead of our normal game. why have we changed from no fear, attacking whoever we want because it's what we do best to trying to defend and see out games keeping it tight against crap sides? burnley and newcastle were both there for the taking and we've taken precisely one point from crap selections and tactics. 

Yeah you're right sort of.

It’s all about getting the right combination of players who complement each other.

If we want to just play one up front then Pearson needs to choose 3 midfielders who will complement the strengths of the lone striker.

If we play James/Drinky/Cambiasso in Midfield then there’s going to be a big gap between midfield and up front.  Vardy’s game is ‘on the shoulder’ of the last defender. So you can just sling a ball over the top for him to chase on to, and the gap doesn’t matter too much.

However, Ulloa’s main game is with his back to goal. So, if you play Ulloa up front on his own then you need a midfielder like King or Nugent who will get forward and support him. He can win the ball and play it off to them.

Pearson just got it wrong on Saturday.   I’m beginning to think that Pearson really doesn’t understand how midfield works. He spent ages trying to get King and Drinkwater to play in a midfield two, even though neither of them was that good defensively.

Also nugent and vardy are quick enough to harass the opposition defence  and defend from the front whereas Ulloa, or any lone striker can't do that. 

did you have your head in the clouds when cambiasso wasn't even involved in the squad two games ago? or when he was left on the bench vs arsenal? or started from the bench vs stoke? 

-------------

our problem is trying to play the opponents and the occasion instead of our normal game. why have we changed from no fear, attacking whoever we want because it's what we do best to trying to defend and see out games keeping it tight against crap sides? burnley and newcastle were both there for the taking and we've taken precisely one point from crap selections and tactics. 

You cant just keeping attacking teams, you need to be tactially minded and see what your oppositions weaknesses are try to exploit that with either a change of personell or tactics, sometimes you have to be defensive to make the opposition come at you.

You cant just keeping attacking teams, you need to be tactially minded and see what your oppositions weaknesses are try to exploit that with either a change of personell or tactics, sometimes you have to be defensive to make the opposition come at you.

yeah that's worked well in our last two games. i'm not saying attack every team, obviously, we'd get battered by some good teams if we played 2 up front and 2 wingers. but when you're playing bottom of the league or newcastle, teams that haven't won all season, why are we going there and effectively setting up inviting them to win? our team selection and performance basically said to newcastle "look guys you don't need to play very well, all you need to do is do one thing quite well and score because we're not going to attack". 

What you’re saying doesn’t match what’s actually happened in the last 3 games.

We attacked Palace with the same team that beat Man United and got well beaten.

We dropped 2 points at Burnley because we didn’t close the game out. We bought on Knockaert as a sub when we needed to pack the midfield.

And we lost on Saturday by a break away goal because we had 7 or 8 players committed to attacking, when we were in sight of a good away point.

We’ve dropped points in the last 2 games because we’ve naively attacked sides when we didn’t need to.

yeah that's worked well in our last two games. i'm not saying attack every team, obviously, we'd get battered by some good teams if we played 2 up front and 2 wingers. but when you're playing bottom of the league or newcastle, teams that haven't won all season, why are we going there and effectively setting up inviting them to win? our team selection and performance basically said to newcastle "look guys you don't need to play very well, all you need to do is do one thing quite well and score because we're not going to attack". 

I think it was a tactic to try to frustrate Newcastle and get their fans getting on there backs and hopefully they would panic in certain situations but this didint happen (well it did until we tried to go more attacking).

Aside from Vardy, Mahrez and Cambiasso I have no idea who's good or bad or what our best lineup is. Get those three in the match so something will happen, let Nige figure out the rest.

Another who is convinced Cambiasso is great. Are you mates with Scouse?

Personally, I'm still yet to be convinced.

I also think dropping King (and Vardy) from this team is a bit crazy. I don't get it?

We lost on Saturday because of a basic defensive error. Show Obertan down the line and he doesn't score.

Same with Burnley and Palace, basic errors that have cost us.

So far I think we've struggled to impose ourselves away from home but we look strong at the KP. I think a little perspective is needed on this forum, had Albrighton's cross swung in we could be sitting 6th now. I think some people need to re-evaluate what is success this season and stop looking for scapegoats every time that something doesn't quite go our way.

Archived