Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ulloa interview

Seems he has done an interview with SSN.

"@Dorselator: Leo Ulloa says #lcfc proved they can compete with Prem big boys, they now need to prove they can "motivate" selves against the rest. #SSNHQ"

"@Dorselator: Ulloa also says recent results have shown #lcfc shouldn't get ahead of themselves looking to mid table, but they will succeed in the Prem."

Seems he has done an interview with SSN.

"@Dorselator: Leo Ulloa says #lcfc proved they can compete with Prem big boys, they now need to prove they can "motivate" selves against the rest. #SSNHQ"

"@Dorselator: Ulloa also says recent results have shown #lcfc shouldn't get ahead of themselves looking to mid table, but they will succeed in the Prem."

FFS you shouldn't have to motivate yourself for any Premier League game. Or any game for that matter, they are supposed to be professionals.

FFS you shouldn't have to motivate yourself for any Premier League game. Or any game for that matter, they are supposed to be professionals.

True, what a terrible quote. 

"Pearson literally has to drag me out of bed to play small clubs like Stoke. I just cba" 

bad translation or not.

he has a point. no good taking points off arsenal, everton and utd but not against the likes of palace.

we do have the quality. he's right. but we need to take the game to everyone. not be afraid of losing.

bad translation or not.

he has a point. no good taking points off arsenal, everton and utd but not against the likes of palace.

we do have the quality. he's right. but we need to take the game to everyone. not be afraid of losing.

Not so sure I fully agree. Any point we take first season back in this league. The bonus you get from taking points off Palace, Burnley etc is that it's harder for them to to get points. If we stay up I don't care who we've beaten along the way.

I've seen no indication of a lack of effort from Leo.

The nature of his game means that without service and runners, it can appear he's doing sweet FA.

The need to shape the team around him is what makes him a good but not a great player.

As for the interview, context of the question is essential.

Not really a terrible quote though is it, on the surface would anyone on here saying we have proved we can motivate ourselves against the rest?

Doesn't mean they aren't it just means they have yet to show it's true. Put the knives back in.

Absolutely right.

I can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over this.

Typical throwaway football clichés.

Interviews with footballers are actuality very boring and rarely offer any true insight, wouldn't surprise me if the clubs even proofread them before allowing it to go to print.

Don't agree with the 'its no good beating so and so if you don't beat so and so' - it makes no sense and just seems to have become another trotted out cliché without people actually thinking about what they are saying, you get the same amount of points for a win whoever you play.

I'd say it's very bloody good we are picking up points against the top sides if we are losing to those at the lower end, we'd be in the bottom three otherwise.

He didn't say he wasn't motivated, he said they need to prove they are, which means someone has said they are lacking in motivation.... and they have, a load of people on here.

Not so sure I fully agree. Any point we take first season back in this league. The bonus you get from taking points off Palace, Burnley etc is that it's harder for them to to get points. If we stay up I don't care who we've beaten along the way.

Excellent point, and something I was thinking about at the weekend. If we get 50 points this season we'll stay up; I couldn't get less who those points came against.

He's only saying what we see and feel, early on in the season, the work rate was immense, but against palace, burnley and Newcastle it's not been there as much.

If that is what he's actually said, fair play to him for his honesty, and saying it as it is, quite refreshing really.

Not dropping points from the teams around us will make a big diference wether we stay up.

Points against Man U etc, are a bonus if we don't lose to the likes of palace, burnley, qpr and the likes of Sunderland.

I said at the start of the season it would be a struggle to stay up, and early performances raised my hopes, but I still expect it to be a struggle

Typical throwaway football clichés.

Interviews with footballers are actuality very boring and rarely offer any true insight, wouldn't surprise me if the clubs even proofread them before allowing it to go to print.

Don't agree with the 'its no good beating so and so if you don't beat so and so' - it makes no sense and just seems to have become another trotted out cliché without people actually thinking about what they are saying, you get the same amount of points for a win whoever you play.

I'd say it's very bloody good we are picking up points against the top sides if we are losing to those at the lower end, we'd be in the bottom three otherwise.

80/81 season I believe.

Look at the points we took off the top 5 inc a double over the champions Liverpool.

We still went down as we could not beat the sides around us and mid table sides.

So other than a good day out what was the point.

we won't go down with our results against the top four but we will if we don't beat the bottom 6 or 7.

Archived