Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

10 Years

Ok here goes....

I'm going to post this and await the backlash

10 years.....10 years of disappointment, 10 years in which we fell to our lowest position, 10 years of cruel false dawns and players that haven't been fit to wear tge shirt.

We're back in the Premier league, where we've always wanted to be. We've drew against big teams like Everton and Arsenal. We've beaten United 5-3 in one of the best games I've ever seen. Yet because of a few poor performances and they have been poor, suddenly these players that have given us everything over the past couple of years have lost our support and gratitude.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but their seems to be a bit of a spoilt brat mentality at the moment. I know it sounds cliché but lets get behind the boys as we are stronger together. And ultimately let's try ajd enjoy this

But we still shouldn't accept poor performances. 

I get fed up of people saying "but we're Premier League". We can use that excuse until we are relegated. 

Do I think we'll get relegated? No. I'm a massive Nigel Pearson fan, always have been, he will get it right. But I want the right to criticise poor performances, especially if I've paid to watch the game.

But we still shouldn't accept poor performances.

I get fed up of people saying "but we're Premier League". We can use that excuse until we are relegated.

Do I think we'll get relegated? No. I'm a massive Nigel Pearson fan, always have been, he will get it right. But I want the right to criticise poor performances, especially if I've paid to watch the game.

I'm not against criticism at all but some of the things I've read over the past few weeks have been massively over the top

I don't actually think we were that bad in the past few games. Could we do better?? Yes defo but it's not as if we are getting completely smashed by teams. We are competing and I'm sure we will improve and I'm not sure how much the fans getting behind the players actually helps them but the way I look at it is it doesn't hurt if I do, so personally i get behind them as much as possible!!

I don't actually think we were that bad in the past few games. Could we do better?? Yes defo but it's not as if we are getting completely smashed by teams. We are competing and I'm sure we will improve and I'm not sure how much the fans getting behind the players actually helps them but the way I look at it is it doesn't hurt if I do, so personally i get behind them as much as possible!!

I think we have. Can't speak for the Palace game as I didn't go, but second half against Burnley was poor as was the whole performance against Newcastle. The Manchester United result hasn't changed my expectations or anything at all.

I'm not against criticism at all but some of the things I've read over the past few weeks have been massively over the top

its the internet - get over it and accept that not everybody who speaks has a legitimate, reasonable or well considered position or you will go mad.....every body is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't equate to everybody's opinion being valid...

......other than mine...of course  :ph34r:

If we'd lost the opening 5 games and then took 1 point from the last 3 would people gloss over the last 3 performances?

There's no excuse for playing badly more than once or twice in a row, and there's no excuse for not learning from your mistakes.

If we'd lost the opening 5 games and then took 1 point from the last 3 would people gloss over the last 3 performances?

There's no excuse for playing badly more than once or twice in a row, and there's no excuse for not learning from your mistakes.

But surely the point is that we didn't

But surely the point is that we didn't

But those performances don't take away recent poor performances. I was buzzing when we beat Manchester United, it's was an "added bonus" (we weren't expected to beat them), but since then we've played three "easier" games in which I would, and Nigel would, have expected more than just a point. It's been poor, there's no other way to put it, regardless of performances/results prior. And again, we face a Swansea side on Saturday who haven't won in five games.

A bit of perspective is required, don't get me wrong. I'm not an idiot who has lost faith in Nigel Pearson at all. He's still the man for the job, and I'll say that regardless of where we finish. But I'll still criticise if I feel, as a fan, it's required.

It's cos we care. We have waited 10 years to get here and come May, we could be relegated by a point! those who are criticising for the sake of it with no constructive element are not worth reading. however, the forum is entitled to have a view on tactics and players, as long as it's not destructive or critical for the sake of it.

Ok here goes....

I'm going to post this and await the backlash

10 years.....10 years of disappointment, 10 years in which we fell to our lowest position, 10 years of cruel false dawns and players that haven't been fit to wear tge shirt.

We're back in the Premier league, where we've always wanted to be. We've drew against big teams like Everton and Arsenal. We've beaten United 5-3 in one of the best games I've ever seen. Yet because of a few poor performances and they have been poor, suddenly these players that have given us everything over the past couple of years have lost our support and gratitude.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but their seems to be a bit of a spoilt brat mentality at the moment. I know it sounds cliché but lets get behind the boys as we are stronger together. And ultimately let's try ajd enjoy this

Never will this club lose my support and yes I will talk for 70% of people on here as I feel they will never waver in there support for the club.

Being un happy at results don't mean a loss of support.

The over reaction to the man u result and the swing the other way after the last three games is just what I said over reaction.

Some of the serious moaners went into hiding after about 5 or 6 games last season and could not come out to play untill Palace.

They will be praying this run carries on so they can say told you so they will also make as much noise as they can till we go on a run or secure next seasons place.

Your loss of support is a damning comment on most fans on here.

Not being happy at a poor run is not a lack of support everyone has a right to comment and be upset.

But I do agree the we are shite and he is shite type comments are a joke and a disgrace but I tend to ignore them now.

Ok some good points being made here. I get just as disappointed when we lose, ruins my weekend but I honestly think we have the right group of players and staff here at the moment and I just hope we can show our vocal support on match days. We've watched some shite over the years and their have been some terrible atmospheres around the club but I genuinely feel we are on the up.

Saying that, Nige needs to find a settled team and

try to build some momentum. We seem to lack the 'in your face' mentality we showed against United etc

Ok some good points being made here. I get just as disappointed when we lose, ruins my weekend but I honestly think we have the right group of players and staff here at the moment and I just hope we can show our vocal support on match days. We've watched some shite over the years and their have been some terrible atmospheres around the club but I genuinely feel we are on the up.

Saying that, Nige needs to find a settled team and

try to build some momentum. We seem to lack the 'in your face' mentality we showed against United etc

A settled team to a point but this is a learning curve for nige too.

But in some games he will have to make a change or two because of certain threats.

Unlike last season teams have players that can make a real difference.

He was lucky with utd he got it spot on subs and all.

But I am sure he will work it out before it is to late till then we just need to back him and the lads.

I don't think we'll go down. But even if we do, as crazy as it sounds this group of players and manager have earned the right to take us down and have a go at coming back up.

I'd far rather us give it a go with this group, go down if we have to, keep the stability and try to come back with them. I'd hate for us to become the next Reading where we sack a manager who has done wonders for us in order to chase staying up - look where they are now.

Pearson and this team have my total backing until the end of the season and beyond. Like others have said, it's very easy to forget the last 10 or so years that we've just come from.

I'll slag people off til I'm blue in the face but you won't hear a sincere 'Pearson Out' from me whatever happens this season. He deserves as much time as he wants, will continue to be a wonderful fit for the Club and there's nobody better to keep the ship steady, keep long-term future as secure as poss, and say #wegoagain next season should the worst happen.

That said if Klopp came out and said he fancied a crack I'd be in a pretty difficult place... :whistle:

I said this 3 season's ago when asked about my expectations for the season, and it hasn't changed, all I expect from Leicester is that they compete in every game, they don't roll over, they don't give up and they play with pride and passion to the end of every game, and don't make stupid mistakes. If they play like that and lose I will have no complaints.

I have had very few complaints this season, we have made a great start but had a few poor  results, unfortunately the United game has meant we will not be underestimated, but when you consider that not conceding that last minute goal to Burnley would have left us in equal 5th with United, it is hard to be too upset with our start. The difference at this stage of the season is massive, a few wins and we are back in the comfort zone, a few defeats and we will be dragged into the relegation mix. That will probably be true all season, all we can do as fans is back the team regardless.

The best thing about this season so far has been our home form (unbeaten at home!), and home atmosphere, in every home game this season we have scored straight after conceding, and that I feel is in part due to the response of the fans when we concede, no grumbling just continued backing and support. That is what the players need, and they need it against the likes of West Brom and Sunderland and not just against Arsenal and United.

I'm still loving this season so far.

I'd say it was really only five years. League One was one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had, and since then it has been alright. Disappointment means at least we still had expectations (under Sven) before that there were no expectations just making up the numbers in the league

R Pearson is not some idolised god and if he makes mistakes he should be criticised and be brave enougth at times to admit he got it wrong. (Managers rarely ever do by the way). In the last three games he has got it wrong though.

Why is he not starting our strongest team I was baffled like many last Saturday away at a poor Newcastle he started with a formation of 4 5 1 with our quickest player in Vardy being left on the bench? That, was just plain wrong. unfortunately, I feel that even he doesn't know his best starting eleven yet? Coupled with the fact he recently admitted in the mercury it is difficult to keep all the squad players happy.

I pray and hope he is not starting players just to keep them happy? If so, that is a recipe for disaster. Albrighton's inclusion on Saturday was strange when you consider he hasn't been deemed good enough up until last Saturday?

I genuinely believe though it is our home form and games that will keep us in this division anything we get at all away from home will be a bonus.

The manager needs to pick and start his strongest team from the off and then barring injuries or suspensions stick with that team.

A worrying trend which I noticed on Saturday instead of playing slick passing football on the floor and quick counter attacks we have resorted back to plan B hoofball. We are better than this.

There is a long way to go yet and at the moment I am not too worried but the manager does need to resort back to what he and the team were doing at the start of the season.

Definitely agree with the OP. While the last three performances have been disappointing - from the players, and from the managerial team - the reaction on here has been so predictable. I haven't been on here since the Palace game as I knew what certain posters would be like and I knew it'd just piss me off. There's such a negative atmosphere. Being positive or optimistic doesn't mean that you're accepting bad performances - I'm certainly not. I'm just confident that this group of players and this management team have got what it takes to achieve at this level.

I think the last three games have certainly been a wake up call for some on here - and probably the players too. It would be all too easy for complacency to set in after you've just put 5 goals past Manchester United, but teams like Burnley, Palace and Newcastle who are scrapping around in the lower half of the table were never going to just lie down and let us walk over them. Regardless of the result against Swansea, we need to see a positive performance from the players.

In the meantime - and I know it's pointless saying this - let's try and curb the negativity. Keep the faith - some of you would do well to remember that! 

Why is he not starting our strongest team I was baffled like many last Saturday away at a poor Newcastle he started with a formation of 4 5 1 with our quickest player in Vardy being left on the bench? That, was just plain wrong. unfortunately, I feel that even he doesn't know his best starting eleven yet?

Do you know our best starting 11?

He started the same 11 that beat Man Utd against Palace, what happened?

This is not the championship, we aren't the best team in the league, we can't dictate the best way to play, the best team against United at home is not the best team for Palace away.

We have also had to contend with a number of little injuries at the start of the season, disruptive international breaks, and a much larger squad, we also have to contend with the fact we are under a lot more scrutiny, every manager will have a in depth dossier on our team and players and playing style and will set-up accordingly, if we play the same 11 in the same way every week then we will be much more predictable and easier to play against.

It is not as black and white as last season, and we have to accept that sometimes we will get it wrong and we aren't the best side so we can't play our way out of it like we could last season when we were lined up against a side that nullified our strengths. Think of Leeds away last season, the difference is this season it was Newcastle away the 2 teams cancelled each other out, but Newcastle have the players that can make a difference, last season that was us.

Do you know our best starting 11?

He started the same 11 that beat Man Utd against Palace, what happened?

This is not the championship, we aren't the best team in the league, we can't dictate the best way to play, the best team against United at home is not the best team for Palace away.

We have also had to contend with a number of little injuries at the start of the season, disruptive international breaks, and a much larger squad, we also have to contend with the fact we are under a lot more scrutiny, every manager will have a in depth dossier on our team and players and playing style and will set-up accordingly, if we play the same 11 in the same way every week then we will be much more predictable and easier to play against.

It is not as black and white as last season, and we have to accept that sometimes we will get it wrong and we aren't the best side so we can't play our way out of it like we could last season when we were lined up against a side that nullified our strengths. Think of Leeds away last season, the difference is this season it was Newcastle away the 2 teams cancelled each other out, but Newcastle have the players that can make a difference, last season that was us.

You raise some interesting points, however, I will agree to disagree. Against Palace it was 0 0 at halftime and if Vardy had put his chance away first half it could have been different. We got done by two set piece plays and sloppy defending plus Palace literally kicked us off the park.

To compare Newcastle to Leeds away last season is an extremely poor comparison. Newcastle are not that good at all and they will be, like us in and around the relegation places this season. We totally lost that game, through a poor team selection and tactics. To leave Vardy on the bench and only play Ulloa up front first half was criminal. We sat back and invited Newcastle onto us giving them the initiative. We looked a hell lot better when we changed formation and when we brought Vardy and Nugent on. It was too little too late. I was at the game and their goal aside and all their huff and puff Newcastle really are poor.

I don't expect us to dominate teams like last season but I do expect my team to be given the best chance of winning by picking the best available players at the time. What has king done to deserve to be dropped? I don't like or particularly rate Hammond however, rhat said James was poor against Newcastle and gave away the poor free kick against Burnley? If you are going to drop Mahrez because of international commitments why play Schlupp when he travelled a greater distance than Mahrez? Why should Cambiasso, great player in his day automatically start? At the beginning of the season our midfield included the likes of Hammond. King, and we got better results against supposed bigger team, Everton, Arsenal etc even at Chelsea away we gave a good account of ourselves and were not humiliated. We created more chances at Chelsea than we ever did against Newcastle.

We seem to have gone backwards, please explain why we have stopped playing our passing game and hitting teams on the counter as we were at the beginning of the season?

Playing Ulloa up top on his own does not work. The longer we persist with this tactic away from home the longer we will go without getting any points.

I don't expect us to be like last season this is the premiership but I would rather lose away from home 4 - 3 after having had a go than meekly surrender after only having two shots on target all game as at Newcastle a lame back pass by James at Krul and drinwaters scrambled effort second half.

It's not an over reaction to be critical of the manager or the establishment but fans are entitled to know what's going on and only the manager can give the answers. Before the game at Newcastle whilst we qued to get in many people were baffled with the team selection and wanted to know why Vardy had been dropped.

You raise some interesting points, however, I will agree to disagree. Against Palace it was 0 0 at halftime and if Vardy had put his chance away first half it could have been different. We got done by two set piece plays and sloppy defending plus Palace literally kicked us off the park.

To compare Newcastle to Leeds away last season is an extremely poor comparison. Newcastle are not that good at all and they will be, like us in and around the relegation places this season. We totally lost that game, through a poor team selection and tactics. To leave Vardy on the bench and only play Ulloa up front first half was criminal. We sat back and invited Newcastle onto us giving them the initiative. We looked a hell lot better when we changed formation and when we brought Vardy and Nugent on. It was too little too late. I was at the game and their goal aside and all their huff and puff Newcastle really are poor.

I don't expect us to dominate teams like last season but I do expect my team to be given the best chance of winning by picking the best available players at the time. What has king done to deserve to be dropped? I don't like or particularly rate Hammond however, rhat said James was poor against Newcastle and gave away the poor free kick against Burnley? If you are going to drop Mahrez because of international commitments why play Schlupp when he travelled a greater distance than Mahrez? Why should Cambiasso, great player in his day automatically start? At the beginning of the season our midfield included the likes of Hammond. King, and we got better results against supposed bigger team, Everton, Arsenal etc even at Chelsea away we gave a good account of ourselves and were not humiliated. We created more chances at Chelsea than we ever did against Newcastle.

We seem to have gone backwards, please explain why we have stopped playing our passing game and hitting teams on the counter as we were at the beginning of the season?

Playing Ulloa up top on his own does not work. The longer we persist with this tactic away from home the longer we will go without getting any points.

I don't expect us to be like last season this is the premiership but I would rather lose away from home 4 - 3 after having had a go than meekly surrender after only having two shots on target all game as at Newcastle a lame back pass by James at Krul and drinwaters scrambled effort second half.

It's not an over reaction to be critical of the manager or the establishment but fans are entitled to know what's going on and only the manager can give the answers. Before the game at Newcastle whilst we qued to get in many people were baffled with the team selection and wanted to know why Vardy had been dropped.

I don't disagree with what you said, although the Leeds comparison was that it was a shit scrappy game with both sides playing poorly, the difference was being the best team in the championship we would find a way to win those games, now we are in the prem it is much harder.

With Schlupp and travelling I didn't think Schlupp played in the international break, I could be wrong though.

I'm not saying don't be critical of a poor performance, but leave it there, the Newcastle game is done and now we look at Swansea, where the same team and formation could win (I doubt it and I expect changes) but we should pick the team on the merits of the current opposition not necessarily on the previous performance, or on reputations.

Archived