Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Fa cup win or stay in prem?

It bugs me that we've never won the League or FA Cup. The O'Neill years were special because not only did we stay up but we saw our team lift trophies. OK, the League Cup, but it's still a memory I will cherish forever.

But hey, let's do both this season...

I'm amazed there's even a debate. lol

The FA Cup may have lost some of its lustre, but it's still the best domestic competition in the world bar none. Winning it would be the best day in our 130 year history.

FA cup means jack now, much rather have 20 years of mid table PL finished, than win the FA cup and go down.

You pretty much sum up what is wrong with modern day football and the modern day football fan! Thinking that the premier league and it's money is the be all and end all. It's not!

Football should be about trophies and winning things for your fans,

Luckily some people still realise that like Arsenal settling for 4th place and the champions league money year after year and like Newcastle not pushing for the FA cup or league cup and the risk of losing the premiership money these owners are robbing and cheating their own fans

Ju

I'd choose staying in the Prem. We've just got promoted back in this league after a decade and I'll be disappointed if we go down straight away. As great as winning the FA Cup is, it would be a double-edged sword if we were relegated in the same season.

20 years of being mid table? I can't think of anything more boring. I'd probably lose interest in the sport of we did that.

Exactly.

Premier League is so open. Two teams compete for the title - Chelsea and Manchester City - the other five teams go for positions third to seventh. The other thirteen teams haven't go enough money to compete for the title so the best they can hope for is a decent cup run.

Life is all about those defining moments.

Watching your club win the FA Cup would be one of them, more so than visiting the St Mary's ten years in a row anyway.

I have a feeling we'll win the FA Cup this year anyway. I mean fvck me, if Hull can get to the final so can we.

Although I would love to see them win the FA Cup, I think then watching them tank to finish out the season and end up regulated will take all the luster off

Using the word "them" makes me think your not that bothered either way.

Although I would love to see them win the FA Cup, I think then watching them tank to finish out the season and end up regulated will take all the luster off

Nah we'd enjoy it. A trip to Zagreb on a Thursday night followed by an away game at Brentford on the sunday would be fvcking brilliant.

Nah we'd enjoy it. A trip to Zagreb on a Thursday night followed by an away game at Brentford on the sunday would be fvcking brilliant.

That would be a carnage week in fairness.

I'd rather Hajduk Split than Zagreb, but I'd take that as a week.

Archived