Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City match thread

Not a fan of Vardy on the wing but hopefully it works for us today. Hammond was brilliant when we were against the top teams and didn't see a lot of the ball, could be a masterstroke or a poor decision. Fine margins will determine whether we're lambasting or worshipping Pearson after today. 

Powell should be getting a chance on the bench. Some of these players should have been signed in the summer and not in the final panicked days of the transfer window. Had we got them in earlier, we may have progressed in the League Cup and been able to play these players.

Take it Albrighton is finished then? Not even on the bench, was he that bad against Newcastle?

Why should he? Do you watch him train, do you watch the reserve games. How do you know he deserves to be ahead of these players.

People need to stop overplaying the league cup thing, we've missed one game so far. Not really going to make that much difference is it when they can play in the u21's.

Some of Pearson's team selections have surprised me this year. Had a number of different formations and combinations of players in those formations.

What rubbish. That's the sort of thing you say about a player who is truly awful (e.g. Bakayogo). It isn't the sort of thing you say about a player who's done okay and made a case for them being in the team.

I honestly wonder if some people have the capacity to think at times.

Mate, whilst I agree Hammond did ok in the first few games - I suggest playing above himself - having watched Hammond and James in every match both have played at this club, I find it hard to find a reason for selecting Hammond out of the two. James is a class footballer in my opinion while Hammond an ageing journeyman type who has not one quality, as footballer, that is superior to that of aforementioned.

What has Cambiasso or James done to deserve the spot ahead of him?

He's been fine and we've looked a hell of a lot better with him in the side.

Well James putting Nugent in with a sublime pass last week for one.

And just generally being a much better player than him.

Cambiasso being a much better player than him as well. And having a bigger impact against Man Utd and Stoke than Hammond has had in any match in his entire career.

Look, if we lose today we've got no one to blame but ourselves. You cannot put Hammond in ahead of James and Cambiasso and then blame anything else for a defeat. It's something that makes no sense at all and in all likelihood will make us weaker.

I'd rather drop Ulloa than stick all 3 strikers on wherever and Vardy ends up stuck out wide.

Yeah I agree. People question Pearson for continuing to start underperforming players during winning streaks, but Ulloa's been completely on ineffective in the past 3 matches and we haven't won one of them. Not doubting that he'll have another great run of games, but if your striker's been marked out of the game as effectively as he has been for three matches in a row, why would you continue to start him right now?

Well James putting Nugent in with a sublime pass last week for one.

And just generally being a much better player than him.

Cambiasso being a much better player than him as well. And having a bigger impact against Man Utd and Stoke than Hammond has had in any match in his entire career.

Look, if we lose today we've got no one to blame but ourselves. You cannot put Hammond in ahead of James and Cambiasso and then blame anything else for a defeat. It's something that makes no sense at all and in all likelihood will make us weaker.

Cambiasso put Nugent in last week (not James) and, with this being our best formation, i'd rather drop Drinkwater for Cambiasso.

James was dire against Burnley and Newcastle. Based on their Premier League performances, it's laughable to say that Hammond is a 'much better player'.

Your comment is a bit daft and has a big chance of being laughed at later.

If we lose, it's not because Hammond is in because of Cambiasso. It'll be because Swansea were the better side. Even you know that.

...something that's there to be used when the time arises. Is it so outrageous to think now might be that time?

Is it so outrageous to think now might NOT be that time?

Powell should be getting a chance on the bench. Some of these players should have been signed in the summer and not in the final panicked days of the transfer window. Had we got them in earlier, we may have progressed in the League Cup and been able to play these players.

Take it Albrighton is finished then? Not even on the bench, was he that bad against Newcastle?

Why people think that players like Albrighton are finished just because they aren't in a 16 one week amazes me. He's a good player but we have lots of players at around that same level. Obviously Mahrez is our best winger and Pearson wants to have Vardy's speed in the game. at the moment Albrighton isn't the choice, that doesn't mean he's finished.

Yeah I agree. People question Pearson for continuing to start underperforming players during winning streaks, but Ulloa's been completely on ineffective in the past 3 matches and we haven't won one of them. Not doubting that he'll have another great run of games, but if your striker's been marked out of the game as effectively as he has been for three matches in a row, why would you continue to start him right now?

Don't think that Ulloa has had the service in the last few games. Hopefully that changes today.

Archived