Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Relegation

Sorry, but I went there.

I know it's early, but I can't see anything else at the moment. It's not the results, it's the way we're playing. 

Just don't understand how people come to this sort of view. You have to look at the season as a whole, not just the four games that support your conclusion.

Errr did people actually think it wasn't going to be a real battle and a possibility. Deluded if not.

I'm sure everyone knew it would be a battle. But the most worrying thing is the manner of our defeats and the performances.

Even the basics like stringing a pass together we couldn't do today.

We aren't going to stay up on our away form and the only home game we've fluffed so far we only dropped points with a ninetieth minute set piece that nine times out of ten would have blazed over the bar.

We knew the first half of the season would be much harder than the second, we've got a transfer window at half way and we're still out of reach of QPR and Burnley.

Who would have said they'd be upset if we lost to Newcastle and Swansea away? I know there's been cause for concern in the performances and some of the team selections but I don't think we're anywhere near panic stations yet.

If we go out limp wristed next week and are equally shit then alright. Until then, chin up eh?

exactly, I think having 2 away games back to back has really destroyed morale, it'd be different if a home win separated Newcastle and Swansea.

However one away goal in 5 games is worrying.

We aren't going to stay up on our away form and the only home game we've fluffed so far we only dropped points with a ninetieth minute set piece that nine times out of ten would have blazed over the bar.

We knew the first half of the season would be much harder than the second, we've got a transfer window at half way and we're still out of reach of QPR and Burnley.

Who would have said they'd be upset if we lost to Newcastle and Swansea away? I know there's been cause for concern in the performances and some of the team selections but I don't think we're anywhere near panic stations yet.

If we go out limp wristed next week and are equally shit then alright. Until then, chin up eh?

That is true, you stay up on home form. However, you still need a few points from away games. If not, then we'd need an outstanding home record, which I can't see happening.

It's the games against people around you which define your season, not your games against the top teams. So far, other than Stoke (who arguably deserved a point at least from that game), we have shown and deserved nothing against our immediate rivals. Burnley dominated us second half, palace dominated us all game, we were dire against Newcastle and possibly the worst I have ever seen us today.

I don't put any stock in our first few games - lots of teams get shock wins/draws against the top teams and still go down. They're bonus points, not the important ones. I may be slightly on the pessimistic side, but I've not seen anything to give me hope to feel otherwise.

We all knew when we got promoted that it was going to tough. If we are in a relegation dog fight then so be it, it's expected. If we are relegated so be it.

Remember that this season is NOT going to be like the last season. This is NOT the championship. If we go down we will have millions in the bank.

Also Pearson is still the right man for the job even if we are relegated. We need to get behind the team and push them so that we finish mid table or even push for Europe.

Did we really expect anything else?

We do get carried away a little too much sometimes especially after Man Utd game.

We will struggle this season and that was always going to be the case this season, worrying thing is we look like we don't offer anything anymore!

Looking very poor defensively and attacking

Well, where to start!

We could pick this performance apart, from defence to the front, and my god there was a lot to pull apart, but i just want us to stop picking team and formations based on who we are playing, and just concentrate on ourselves, and for god sake play to our strengths.

I appreciate there is far more quality in the premier, than the championship, but last year everywhere we went, we went without fear, and took it to the opposition, let them worry about us.

If we are going to lose, i would far rather we lost playing that way, than the way we are doing at the moment, where we just sit back and try to stay in games, and hope to nick a winner.

If at the end of the season we go down, then let us go down having given it a real go, who knows, playing with a more positive mentality and on the front foot might just be enough!

Just don't understand how people come to this sort of view. You have to look at the season as a whole, not just the four games that support your conclusion.

am looking at the season as a whole. 1 away goal, and losses/draws against pretty much all our immediate competition, bar Stoke (who, I think most agreed at the time, probably deserved a point).

Again, it's not the results which bother me. I was over the moon about our loss at Chelsea, because we played like a fantastic unit. It's the performances which have been spineless and lacking quality. I'm not going to say tactically inept, because Nigel Pearson knows more than I do, and to be honest, I couldn't point out what we need to change to get us playing the way we know we can. But something is drastically wrong with our team at the moment, and if we don't stop the rot, then it's going to be like the run-of-doom from two seasons back.

These are the games we need to win and will keep us up. Not games against Manchester United or Arsenal.

So from (basically) "What team shall we play in the Champions League Final next year?" after the Man Utd game to "Oh well we'll win a few games in the Championship next year" now.

I said before that the United result was fantastic but it could also be what ruins us this season. Seems players and fans alike have bought into the idea that in terms of talent and quality we're on the same level as Madrid and Barcelona, and we have a right to just turn up and take the points. The difference in staying up or not will come down to having FIGHT.

Still you'd have taken 17th place before the season started at this stage, wouldn't you!? Burnley, QPR and Sunderland are all wank. We'll have our blip, we'll learn how to win games again and then we'll move on up.

Again, people saying 'we were always going to be in a battle' are missing a point.

People do realise that us being in the championship last season is meaningless, don't they?

I'm looking at the squad, and I'm looking at the way we're capable of playing against Premiership teams (based on the first 5 games), and I'm thinking there is no way we should be getting relegated.

For me, it's plainly obvious; the reason we are struggling is not about a lack of talent; it's about a lack of tactical awareness, which has led to a lack of confidence. The players look pissed off, I'm sure some of them are thinking the same as me - 'why has the manager decided to change things when we were doing so well'?

Vardy must be incredulous that he's being played as an out and out winger, for example. A wide man in a front 3 can work somewhat, but that's very different to where he was playing tonight.

for the first few games of the season the system was forced into 442, ever since Nigel has had some options he has been like a kid in a sweet shop swapping every week, since the United game we haven't played the same system 2 games in a row

am looking at the season as a whole. 1 away goal, and losses/draws against pretty much all our immediate competition, bar Stoke (who, I think most agreed at the time, probably deserved a point).

Again, it's not the results which bother me. I was over the moon about our loss at Chelsea, because we played like a fantastic unit. It's the performances which have been spineless and lacking quality. I'm not going to say tactically inept, because Nigel Pearson knows more than I do, and to be honest, I couldn't point out what we need to change to get us playing the way we know we can. But something is drastically wrong with our team at the moment, and if we don't stop the rot, then it's going to be like the run-of-doom from two seasons back.

These are the games we need to win and will keep us up. Not games against Manchester United or Arsenal.

I could. I don't mean that in an arrogant way. After all, it's the way Pearson himself had us playing which is what we need to change it to.

It's gut-wrenchingly obvious that we have gone to pot since we decided to 'stay in games' instead of  playing to win, and it's also obvious that chopping and changing the team every weak is not working.

It's also obvious that leaving player like Cambiasso and James on the bench whilst having the likes of Hammond and Schlupp starting games is criminal.

Again, people saying 'we were always going to be in a battle' are missing a point.

People do realise that us being in the championship last season is meaningless, don't they?

I'm looking at the squad, and I'm looking at the way we're capable of playing against Premiership teams (based on the first 5 games), and I'm thinking there is no way we should be getting relegated.

For me, it's plainly obvious; the reason we are struggling is not about a lack of talent; it's about a lack of tactical awareness, which has led to a lack of confidence. The players look pissed off, I'm sure some of them are thinking the same as me - 'why has the manager decided to change things when we were doing so well'?

Vardy must be incredulous that he's being played as an out and out winger, for example. A wide man in a front 3 can work somewhat, but that's very different to where he was playing tonight.

We always was going to be in a battle (in a perfect world I'd love us not too) although we do have a good squad I don't rate us with most of the teams.

Swansea are a team that everyone are tipping to be in the battle at the end of the season with us, they look a lot more quality than us, defensively strong (did we get a shot away inside their box) and Bony and Sigurdsson are quality partnership- we don't have that type of quality and link up play.

Don't get me wrong, I love the passion and desire our players show towards LCFC but confidence has always been a worry, we went through last season so confident and with that builds team building etc depending how we start reacting to these losses will show the strength of character in our team, we are looking deflated.

So from (basically) "What team shall we play in the Champions League Final next year?" after the Man Utd game to "Oh well we'll win a few games in the Championship next year" now.

I said before that the United result was fantastic but it could also be what ruins us this season. Seems players and fans alike have bought into the idea that in terms of talent and quality we're on the same level as Madrid and Barcelona, and we have a right to just turn up and take the points. The difference in staying up or not will come down to having FIGHT.

Still you'd have taken 17th place before the season started at this stage, wouldn't you!? Burnley, QPR and Sunderland are all wank. We'll have our blip, we'll learn how to win games again and then we'll move on up.

I would take 17th in a heartbeat, no questions asked. However, on the backs of recent performances, I would say we're no better then Burnley or QPR (not going to say Sunderland quite just yet). Burnley took 2 points off us at home, after all. 

I don't think the players have the fight. Against the top teams, our players were running all over the place, pressing and closing down. I haven't seen that dedication or commitment from our players in recent games.

The Man United game was a freak, let's be honest. A glorious one, but we had an amazing half an hour after 60 minutes of being outplayed. It wasn't a 90-minute joyous experience.

We need to win a game, doesn't matter how so that people (pundits and fans alike) can stop talking about the Man United game as a barometer rather than the wonderful, once in a decade comeback it was.

The thing that is really worrying is our defending throughout the side, from losing the ball up top too easily all the way through to Kasper.

Palace, Newcastle and Swansea are average Prem sides at best whereas Burnley are the worst team in the league and we have just let in 7 goals in 4 games against them. Yet we are still starting with 3 strikers regardless of which position they are actually deployed in. It doesn't take a genius to work out that, that is Naive unless you have a very good defence which we don't seem to at this level. The sides we have played in the last 4 are teams we needed to be beating at least half of the time if we don't want to get dragged in to a relegation battle and if we want to establish ourselves as a prem side as we can't rely on beating teams like Man U that often because it isn't going to happen.

I can't see how we can carry on starting with Ulloa, Vardy and Nugent together and not end up in a relegation battle.

The thing that is really worrying is our defending throughout the side, from losing the ball up top too easily all the way through to Kasper.

Palace, Newcastle and Swansea are average Prem sides at best whereas Burnley are the worst team in the league and we have just let in 7 goals in 4 games against them. Yet we are still starting with 3 strikers regardless of which position they are actually deployed in. It doesn't take a genius to work out that, that is Naive unless you have a very good defence which we don't seem to at this level. The sides we have played in the last 4 are teams we needed to be beating at least half of the time if we don't want to get dragged in to a relegation battle and if we want to establish ourselves as a prem side as we can't rely on beating teams like Man U that often because it isn't going to happen.

I can't see how we can carry on starting with Ulloa, Vardy and Nugent together and not end up in a relegation battle.

Personally, I'd go 4-4-2, with Vardy and Ulloa upfront. Nugent on the bench, please.

It doesn't really matter what the fans think as long as they dont start boooing and shit like that but as soon as the players lose confidence in the manager its over.

So we need to get behind the team especially at home and keep trying a get a result so they can start to get some belief back

It doesn't really matter what the fans think as long as they dont start boooing and shit like that but as soon as the players lose confidence in the manager its over.

So we need to get behind the team especially at home and keep trying a get a result so they can start to get some belief back

Agree with this and I wont boo, its still an average start and not a poor start so need to remember a that

However, as good as Swansea are, to not have a single shot in the first half was a disgrace!!!

Archived