Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

he stepped up in a perfect line with his captain and the controller of the back 4, as well as the experienced konchesky on the other side. his man who he "lost" is miles offside. until you look across and liam moore is, for some odd reason, playing some kind of sweeper role. i've played games as a right back and a centre back, and if i was the right back and that had happened i would be going fúcking ape shit at my idiotic centre half, and if i'd been stupid enough to do that as a centre half i'd have to apologise to the rest of my team. inexperience? maybe we can put it down to that but moore lost it today. he charged towards bony for the first and got done and then ran away from everyone for the second and played them all onside. he's still learning and hopefully he will learn from his shocker today. 

edit - lol i wrote played them all offside when i obviously meant onside. see we all make mistakes it's ok liam x 

The last few games have just been abysmal so I would be tempted to make a fair few changes.

Hamer

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Wood (No one esle is doing anything up front and didn't played reasonably against Everton and will have some desire to make an impression)

----------------------------Kasper----------------------------

---Simpson--------Wes-------------Wasyl--------Konchesky---

---Mahrez-------Drinkwater--------King-----------Knockaert---

------------------Vardy-------------Nugent--------------------

Last chance for Nugent. We play high tempo. Chase every ball. Like last season.

Try and keep a clean sheet.

Keep it ****ing simple.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Moore Konchesky

Mahrez Drinkwater King Schlupp

Ulloa Vardy

Subs: Hamer, De Laet, Wasyl, James, Cambiasso, Wood, Knockaert

Nugent needs dropping, been dreadful for too long and some egos need puncturing. 

King is first name on the team sheet for this one as far as I'm concerned.

He did more in 25 minutes today than the other 4 midfielders we tried out together.

I could understand why he was dropped when Cambiasso and Drinkwater became available again but he's had a better season than either of those players and a big part of our problem today and in the last couple of weeks is the (slow) speed at which the ball is moved through midfield.

King might not do too much spectacular stuff but he makes a telling contribution in both boxes and moves the ball quickly. Swansea were able to just line up and let us attack them at the start of the second half because we had no idea how to move their players out of position.

Schmichael

De laet

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

James

Drinkwater

Marhez

Nugent

Knockaert

Vardy

Back to basics and hopefully back to winning ways. Harsh on Ulloa but he deserves a rest after spending the last 4 games chasing lost causes. vardy is wasted on the wing, let's get him back through the middle causing lescott and Dawson problems with his pace.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Moore Konchesky

Mahrez Drinkwater King Schlupp

Ulloa Vardy

Subs: Hamer, De Laet, Wasyl, James, Cambiasso, Wood, Knockaert

Nugent needs dropping, been dreadful for too long and some egos need puncturing. 

yet you leave Drinkwater in whose been just as poor for just as long, also Hamer just had an op and is out for a while

he stepped up in a perfect line with his captain and the controller of the back 4, as well as the experienced konchesky on the other side. his man who he "lost" is miles offside. until you look across and liam moore is, for some odd reason, playing some kind of sweeper role. i've played games as a right back and a centre back, and if i was the right back and that had happened i would be going fúcking ape shit at my idiotic centre half, and if i'd been stupid enough to do that as a centre half i'd have to apologise to the rest of my team. inexperience? maybe we can put it down to that but moore lost it today. he charged towards bony for the first and got done and then ran away from everyone for the second and played them all onside. he's still learning and hopefully he will learn from his shocker today. 

edit - lol i wrote played them all offside when i obviously meant onside. see we all make mistakes it's ok liam x 

Don't try an explain such a complex concept as a defensive line to this man Scouse. Moore has been a liability for large parts of the season, but because he is 'one of our own' and throws his body at the ball all is suddenly forgiven.

I literally have no idea what team to pick for Saturday. Moore, Drinkwater and Nugent were so inexcusably bad today that they can't start next week. These are the only players who I think deserve a start

Kasper

Morgan

Mahrez

Vardy

Other than that filling the remaining gaps isn't easy. I really miss Lloyd Dyer.

Don't care who plays, if we lose and by how many, I would like to see those who haven't been given a chance, given a game, and get my leicester back, that works their socks off, chases everything down, plays good football and positive tactics, instead of trying to stop their threat.

Playing the right players, with the right attitude( ones that look like they give a shit), and a side and tactics that says you worry about our threat, we don't need to worry about yours, I will be happy.

Rant over ( sorry if I said that out loud) lol

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

James

King

Knockaert

Ulloa

Vardy

Back to basics, the players are comfortable with it and no-one truly out of position.

Like that Corky, particularly the midfield. Drinkwater has to be dropped in my opinion (which I'll probably be banned from the forum for saying). I still reckon he'll end up being a good player at this level but today was like watching him from a couple of seasons ago. He wanted an extra touch and took ages to distribute the ball. Almost as slow on it as Hammond. Its not all his fault though, as he is seen as the focal point of the team so the spotlight is on him more than others. 

Thought King looked particularly sharp today. Think if we go 3 in midfield then one of King, Knocky and Mahrez needs to play in that advanced role.

It will be down, not alot, only marginally down, but the plastics (Ooooh I said it, that'll start some discussion :ph34r:) will start drifting away if we carry on in this vain of form.

Ah ok. Not seen any updates from the club as usual so was expecting a sub 30k.

Archived