Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

My Team even though I have concerns about some of them I will go with the positives.

Kasper: Yes he occasionally makes an error but who doesn't. I feel more secure when someone breaks through and I know Kasper is there.

Simpson: I'm sorry but I just see RDL as a liability and Simpson has more top level experience.

Morgan: Standard, solid and dependable. I wouldn't change him for the world. Even when we play as bad as we did today, he plays better than most.

Was: I simply think Liam may benefit from a rest and our team may benefit from his experience.

Konch: I know lots of people are not fans and he does make a mistake from time to time but once again, I imagine his experience is vital to the other players.

King: Get him regularly on the team sheet, he tries, he plays with passion, he cares about LCFC a lot and I think he is adapting to the higher level.

Cambiasso: Simply because he can pass to people who are actually on his team. It is nice to see that.

James: I would like James to play a role in front of the Defenders, a bit like Hammond but potentially so much more.

Mahrez: Some people slated him a little today but I say at least he was having a go and when he did take a shot at least he took a shot and hit the target. I always think something may happen with Mahrez on the team.

Schlupp: I know not everyones selection but I want him for his pace on the attack, I think so often with him playing and Vardy near by that we offer such a counter attacking threat.

Vardy: lets go for pace up front, play off the last defender, play through balls, balls around the back, over the top and stop trying this crossing lark that we never seem to manage.

I would love to see that team v West Brom.

I'm feeling the King love at the mo'!

Thracian will be chuffed!

King is such a strange case in regards to how Pearson usually operates. 99 times out of 100 it's a case of a player comes in to the team, if they play well then they keep the shirt. King was playing well but got dropped as soon as Drinky was fit again. We looked much better today when King came on. He has to start in the next game. Defensively solid and offers a threat going forward - classy player and a fantastic servant to our club, but needs to be on the pitch.

Totally agree on the positive points for King, he for me is the best all round performer in CM currently.

As for the team in general for this game, its a tough one. NP gets slated for making changes every week but im sure he'd also be criticised for keeping the same side too often.... so he cant really win.

I think we all know Simpson at least deserves a chance but the rest of the back 4 is difficult to change

King should play and i'd always play Mahrez as he's bar far our most creative option going forward

I'm a big believer that players play on merit and on the last two performances none of the starting XI can moan if they get dropped.

For me it would be back to basics 4-4-2 with a few changes

Kasper

Simpson Wes. Was. Konch

Albrighton. King. Cambiasso. Mahrez

Ulloa. Vardy

Subs: Smith (assuming Hamer still injured), Moore, DD, James, Powell, Knockaert, Wood

RDL should be dropped, and as there's never usually room for Simpson on the bench then same goes for RDL

As we should expect to have most of the possession Hammond would be wasted

Nugent has not been effective enough for all the minutes he's played and I think Powell deserves a chance on the bench

Schlupp is well out his depth in every position and should not be in the squad.

Anyone calling for Hamer to be given a chance? Can't see Kasper getting a clean sheet anytime soon. That kick to Sigurdsson today... Deary me.

Hamer needs to play.

Frankly the whole 11 could be changed after today's shit show...

I can't understand why konch is first choice for lb in most people's minds. He is slow, too left-footed, struggles to pass the ball forward, gives away possession a lot or passes back to keeper (which amounts to the same thing). Schlupp is better in possession, can pick a crisp forward pass and has the speed to give support going forward.

I'm convinced we need an attacking and pressing approach, and schlupp is the better lb for those tactics.

For those who say that schlupp is not up to the prem, he hasn't been given a go at lb yet. Iit seems to have been forgotten that last season he won the lb spot on merit from konch and performed admirably there. No reason to think he can't make the step up in that position.

Anyone calling for Hamer to be given a chance? Can't see Kasper getting a clean sheet anytime soon. That kick to Sigurdsson today... Deary me.

Hamer needs to play.

Frankly the whole 11 could be changed after today's shit show...

Hamer had an operation on his hand, not sure what's was wrong, but wouldn't imagine he'd be back too soon.

Kasper is one lucky man cos i'd certainly be consdering dropping him, just to make a statement rather than anything else, although I think it needed doing the game after his brainfart against Burnley.

Got to agree with King coming in. He showed in a first three games he can use the ball well and keep it, Drinkwater meanwhile is stagnating a bit.

I would play 4-4-2 with Nugent and Vardy up top. West Brom play a similar system and the way he is playing Lescott will have Ulloa in his pocket all day long.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Wasyl

Konchesky

Knockaert

King

James

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Subs: GK, Ulloa, Schlupp, Moore, Wood, Powell, Cambiasso

yet you leave Drinkwater in whose been just as poor for just as long, also Hamer just had an op and is out for a while

Fair play.

Dropping Drinks for James would make a bit of sense.

I could put what team I'd like to see down but let's face it, one of Hammond, Schlupp or Albrighton will be playing with absolutely no justification.

Playing whatever striker we start with up front and not in midfield would be an improvement.

If we're going to have a central midfield, I don't care what formation, I don't care if it includes 1 central midfielder or 4, then it must not include Hammond. Drinkwater, James, King & Cambiasso are far superior players and I'm going to make that point every week until Pearson stops making me needing to vent that point by keeping him well away from the starting line-up and bottom of the pecking order. He is the epitome of us wasting a good squad with poor choices.

Confidence is now very low and it will be difficult to pick it up again. Pearson has broken it by trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'm desperate for us to have a go and try and win the match like we did when were a match for Everton Man U and Arsenal. But we just need a win now, any win will do.

Archived