Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

If Drinkwater doesn't play I fancy us to win. He's been utter shite in every game he's played this season. Same for Ulloa. Drinkwater should not be in the squad, and Leo the lump might get a bench place at best to see us through.

Don't agree that Drinkwater's been as bad as you're making out, but I do want Vardy and Nugent up front again

Is the 1st of November too early to put the Christmas Tree up?

Kasper

Simpson Moore Morgan Konchesky

Drinkwater Cambaisso James

Mahrez Vardy

Ulloa

Simpson in to be more defensive, let Mahrez attack and the full back defend, James Cambiasso and DD as our best 3 midfielders at the club, James and Cambiasso sitting and DD driving forwards, all 3 staying close to each other and KEEPING POSSESSION at all costs,

Mahrez and Vardy to switch sides, attack the space between full back and centre back and stay close to Ulloa, none of this touchline hogging, when we can't cross and leaving Ulloa isolated and easy to pick up means he will not get a sniff again.

And with that we can add an extra 15 rows of seats down each side of the ground.

Mr McCauly is bound to score against us on saturday!

Having said that, im still confident on us beating these 2 or 3-1.

I would keep the same back 5 and have Nugent and Vardy up top. The 4 in the middle, i'd like to see Cambiasso CDM, King and Drinkwater CM's with Mahrez playing the CAM role. so a 442 but with a diamond midfield. I think that would cause WBA some problems and be enough to get us the 3 points we all want!

Mr McCauly is bound to score against us on saturday!

Having said that, im still confident on us beating these 2 or 3-1.

I would keep the same back 5 and have Nugent and Vardy up top. The 4 in the middle, i'd like to see Cambiasso CDM, King and Drinkwater CM's with Mahrez playing the CAM role. so a 442 but with a diamond midfield. I think that would cause WBA some problems and be enough to get us the 3 points we all want!

I dont think Mcauley is playing at moment its Dawson and Lescott at the back

No obsession but RDL has been the weak link for. A few games now so derserves to be dropped . 2nd goal at Swansea he just gave up !

We're still pinning it on him for stepping up and joining the line with Wes and Konch like he was supposed to, rather than Liam for not being alert and causing the offside trap to fall apart? I get the impression you don't know the first thing about defensive organisation if you think that was RDL's fault.

We're still pinning it on him for stepping up and joining the line with Wes and Konch like he was supposed to, rather than Liam for not being alert and causing the offside trap to fall apart? I get the impression you don't know the first thing about defensive organisation if you think that was RDL's fault.

This post clearly states that both of them were at fault. De Laet for shamelessly stopping his run and not even making an effort. Moore would've been the hero had he have stopped the shot but it was only his lapse in concentration that enables him to get in the position that he did.

Time for them both to be dropped.

ok let's play a game of rate scousefox's chances. how long will it take someone who walks pretty quickly to get from our ground to the station?

Depends whether you're coming or going - I have to do this quite a lot.

With a clear path, 20 minutes but you'd want to leave 25. Also depends where you sit of course.

ok let's play a game of rate scousefox's chances. how long will it take someone who walks pretty quickly to get from our ground to the station?

It's longer than people think. 15 minutes is doable but you've got to factor in added on time, getting out of the ground and the crowds which will inevitably slow you down. 5:15/5:20 is a reasonable target to be back at the station I would say.

Magic, my train is 17.18. I've done the walk hundreds of times but never actually had to do it quickly.

I'll leave on 90 if I have to like but I reckoned i could do it in 20 mins if I got a shift on.

I'd just go with Mahrez actually. I think we need to play 3 centre mids so there's only room for one natural wide player. Cambiasso has to play, and he can't in a 2

It's interesting that in amongst the various formations we've seen, Pearson hasn't tried to recreate his patented 4-4-2 with the right winger tucked in trick from the 2009/10 season. It would seem to make far more sense now we've got de Laet at right back than Robbie Neilson.

Archived