Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

Rubbish. Mahrez was the only one with any purpose or threat. None of the strikers made an impact. Didn't keep the ball well enough and conceded an awful second goal.

The damage was done in the first half, we started badly and never got into the game. The miss at the end doesn't matter, we were always going to lose. 2-1 or 2-0, there is no difference really, you still get no points.

We're in a battle now and we have to sort it out. Maybe go back to 4-4-2 with King and James in the middle. Just poor.

So predictable. The team selection didn't help but the problem is that players who looked great last year are struggling this year ie Vardy and DD. Was always concerned that we were relying too much on last year's team. If you look at Hull when they got promoted they bought some real quality ie Jelavic, Huddlestone, etc. We've not done that and look off the pace, sadly.

Something is desperately wrong. We have lost our fight, pride and attitudes have gone sour.

Wes jogging back after messing up

Nobody chasing the ball

Nuge prefering to stand with his hands on his hips after losing posession.

Nobody even made a run behind as far as I remember.

This is so unbelievably shit. The players dont look like they care. They come out with so much bullshit to the press during the week and every time they don't follow up on it.

I remember Moore stating "we need to learn to scrap" that didnt work. Nugent "I will prove I have what it takes" nope, you've been useless. What on earth.

Reshuffle in January if this carries on.

what happened to our exciting attacking young side?! how did we turn so shit in literally a few days?

Because Nigel Pearson has decided to get us relegated. There is no other explanation.

We've literally turned from good to shit overnight.

Rubbish. Mahrez was the only one with any purpose or threat. None of the strikers made an impact. Didn't keep the ball well enough and conceded an awful second goal.

The damage was done in the first half, we started badly and never got into the game. The miss at the end doesn't matter, we were always going to lose. 2-1 or 2-0, there is no difference really, you still get no points.

We're in a battle now and we have to sort it out. Maybe go back to 4-4-2 with King and James in the middle. Just poor.

That's exactly what I'd do next week. I'd also get Knockaert back in. We're utterly devoid of creativity.

"No clue about football. That's a tired line, that makes you doing like a Wally.

Moore was out of position, but as a defender trying to play someone offside you need to check your line first and play to the whistle."

Exactly!

Moore needed to check the line, he didn't, instead he dropped too deep and cost us a goal.

And RDL stopped running which also cost the goal.

Also you did come back on the Newcastle goal... So you know you are wrong!

Four games without a win. The rot set in after the 5-3 success against Manchester United.

The players look clueless, there's no flow to the game, little inspiration and our defense looks both lacklustre and prone to simple errors.

De Laet found out once more. Time to start with Simpson in the next match.

I'm not hyperventilating yet, but we're not looking good and it usually starts with the manager.

Time to sort things out, because I'm not willing to watch any more of this dross on the pitch.

I'm shell shocked.  We have big BIG problems.

I can accept losing football matches, but to lose them in such a chicken-shit, gutless & careless manner is something I cannot abide.  Totally and unforgivably abject.  Our passing, tempo and creativity were League One standard at very best.  I almost think the club should release a statement of apology for this.  The only other time I thought that was the Portsmouth 6-1 away.  

Make no mistake Swansea City didn't even have to get out of first gear and they turned us over like we were nothing.

So predictable. The team selection didn't help but the problem is that players who looked great last year are struggling this year ie Vardy and DD. Was always concerned that we were relying too much on last year's team. If you look at Hull when they got promoted they bought some real quality ie Jelavic, Huddlestone, etc. We've not done that and look off the pace, sadly.

Again, bollocks. You are completely missing the point.

This has nothing to do with the quality of our players. We have a squad more than capable of staying up.

Pearson is making a good group of players look crap.

Shit.

Knew from the lineup we would struggle.

Against a side like Swansea who keep posession you either match them up and put three competent midfielders in there (Cambiasso, James, Drinkwater).

Or you play defensive 4-5-1 and hit them with pace on the counter.

OR you go 4-4-2 and play at high tempo with quick pressing like we did for the majority of last season.

It seems today that we did neither of the above strategies and Nigel keeps tinkering things too much to suit the opposition which means we are inconsistent.

It's ****ing bollocks and Nige needs to sort it out so that we are ready to go from kick off rather than relying on half time and substitutions to change the course of the match.

Pissd offm

Knew we should have played in Red !! Mind you don't think that would have helped either diabolical performance can't really pick my MOTM

We need to go away from this now and sort the FOOK out get that spirit back which we had when we beat UTD because today they let the fans down with that performance and they need to up their game because when we go to southampton and play like that 8-0 will be on the cards if not more !!

But do you think we will be doing much business in January because on the look of some of those today we need too !!

442 please. Vardy and Nugent up front, two wingers, back to basics for WBA.

Nugent, like Hammond and De Laet (saddened to see him struggle so badly) are simply not Premier League standard players, just how long is it going to take for people this realise this.  :blink:

Archived