Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

WHY ARE YOU ALL SLATING DE LAAT, HEV WAS THE ONLY LEICESTER PLAYER OFFERING ANYTHING, HE IS BETTER CLASS

THAN THE REST OF THE SHAMBLES. ALSO SWANSEA ARE A GOOD SIDE, THEY ATT6ACKED THE BALL, DID NOT GIVE OUR PLAYERS A MOMENTS

REST, MOVED OFF THE BALL AND PASSED IT ALONG THE DECK.

WHY DOES ALLOAS GOALS EXCUSE HIM FROM CRITICISM HAS BEEN DROSS FOR LAST FOUR GAMES.

VARDY SHOULD BE PLAYING DOWN THE MIDDLE , THIS IS GOING TO CONTINUE IF WE DONT COMPETE IN MIDFIELD.

YOU ARE SHOUTING AND YOUR GRASP OF ENGLISH IS POOR.

WHY ARE YOU ALL SLATING DE LAAT, HEV WAS THE ONLY LEICESTER PLAYER OFFERING ANYTHING, HE IS BETTER CLASS

THAN THE REST OF THE SHAMBLES. ALSO SWANSEA ARE A GOOD SIDE, THEY ATT6ACKED THE BALL, DID NOT GIVE OUR PLAYERS A MOMENTS

REST, MOVED OFF THE BALL AND PASSED IT ALONG THE DECK.

WHY DOES ALLOAS GOALS EXCUSE HIM FROM CRITICISM HAS BEEN DROSS FOR LAST FOUR GAMES.

VARDY SHOULD BE PLAYING DOWN THE MIDDLE , THIS IS GOING TO CONTINUE IF WE DONT COMPETE IN MIDFIELD.

FACK OFF

I had faith when we were approaching matches in the right way. We will only continue to lose games setting up with bizarre formations and playing negative 'sit back and let the game pass us by' tactics.

That is the way it is, faith or no faith. Supporting us is necessary but we have to be honest with ourselves as well.

We set up as a 442, nothing bizarre about that. The sitting back was a product of our lack on confidence rather than any deliberate tactical ploy. There's no way Nige played four out and out attacking players with the intention of sitting back. The formation we played today is what won us the league last season. There's nothing wrong with it. We're just low on confidence, which is perhaps due to the fact that we haven't been on a bad run for about 18 months. We need to learn how to react to bad runs, that's all. I have every faith that we'll turn this one around.

How can people, including the sky commentator not see that Moore was the one at fault for Bonys second?

There seems to be a bit of a De Late witch hunt on here. Similar to that of the Nugent one.

I think Mahrez looks like our only Premier League standard player in the last month and that is a genuine worry. However I'm not panicking yet because I think we will turn it around

People have acknowledged Moore had poor positioning. But why is RDL just watching the ball? He needs to make sure the lines are clear, track his man and wait for the whistle before stopping.

I think all of the back five should be concerned about their place in the team. Except Morgan would be difficult to replace and we don't have a replacement for Konch.

The last few games has proven that some players at this level are completely out of there depth, and Pearson doesn't have a clue what to do tactically. 

De Laet can win as many tackles as he likes, but unfortunately he switches off too many times, yes Liam kept them onside for their second goal, but WTF was De Laet thinking? First of all he got absolutely skinned, secondly he didn't even track the run, thirdly as he knew he got skinned he decided to appeal for offside, fourthly you have to play to the whistle & finally he just decided to stand there looking like a complete arse. You can't afford to make these types of mistakes at Premier League level, I've said for the past few season's now, yes De Laet has made improvements; however come Premier League level he will not be good enough, and right now he is proving it.

The midfield as well looked too pedestrian. Drinkwater looked like the Drinkwater of old tonight, short negative passes, then when he decides to run forward he either makes a sloppy pass, or attempts a ball over the top which then goes out of play. Hammond looked out of his depth, looked completely lost like he didn't know what to do with the ball, apart from pass it backwards. These two got overran by Burnley FFS, yet Pearson decides to opt for them away to Swansea who pass the ball quick, terrible decision from Nigel tbh.

Also yet again he sticks Vardy out on the wing, he isn't a winger FFS  :mad:

While finally Nugent & Ulloa looked poor, had to drop far too deep, had to result in going out wide to try & get the ball, and when that happens you know the game is going to be frustrating. 

If we don't pick up at least a win from West Brom & Sunderland, then it's goodbye Nigel unfortunately. 

Oh dear we change the personnel but we set up first half eactly like Newcastle away? Have we not learnt anything. Facing facts we are clueless away from home tactically we are so naive.

Why we cant play with two attackers up front and at least have a go? Ulloa is just too isolated up front on his own and there is just too much of a gap between him and the midfield and defence?

As I have said before it is our home form that will keep us in this league away from home we do appear clueless.

Being honest, I dont think Swansea got out of second gear in order to beat us and that is the worry?

Love it as well the sky commentary team saying we only had eight points not the nine we have do your homework please.

Lack of creativity and pace today - hardly looked like making chances. 

We need to find a system that gets the best out of our talented players (Vardy, Mahrez, Ulloa, Cambiasso) and shows more ambition as setting up to sneak a one goal win hasn't worked in the last two games. 

Wondering whether it may be time to consider 3-5-2, particularly away from home - clearly we've got problems conceding goals, exemplified by Moore's inexperience, and most of our talented players are through the middle of the park. Schlupp and De Laet could work well as wing-backs. 

I've not been a fan of King but he's really impressed me since we got promoted - he'd been our most consistent central midfielder before he was dropped and looked decent when he came on. 

Prepared to be shot down - but out of the last 4 games 3 have been away. Think people are over-reacting far too much. I'm not say that wasn't crap because it was, and I was at Newcastle last week and it was much the same but away games in the Premier League are a different kettle of fish to home games (where we are unbeaten!!).

Main problem for me is as many before have said is that Nige needs to pick his best 11 and stick to it for a few games.

They are and they're not. Sure, Newcastle and Swansea are better than Barnsley and Bolton, but that shouldn't change the way we approach the game. Being away should not change our confidence in ourselves and it shouldn't stop us playing our game - which involves pressing, playing at a high tempo and being positive. Simply because that is why we play well when we do.

Home or away, Premiership or Championship, it's about doing the right things. We are not that inferior that we should start playing brainless hoofball with a group of players who have been coached to play positive, passing football with an emphasis on pace.

That kind of negative mentality - going against everything we've done over the last season and a bit, has fvcked us. We are now shockingly low on confidence, the players don't know which side their arse hangs anymore.

People have acknowledged Moore had poor positioning. But why is RDL just watching the ball? He needs to make sure the lines are clear, track his man and wait for the whistle before stopping.

I think all of the back five should be concerned about their place in the team. Except Morgan would be difficult to replace and we don't have a replacement for Konch.

In fairness to De Laet, I think that he's just holding his line. If Moore does the same then the run is too premature and its a well held line, no mention of De Laet ball watching

I don't think the owners would sack NIGEL just yet I think if we're still spiralling down late Nov early December there will be some moans and reports and then the dreaded vote of confidence !!

How long are the likely to take losing games in this manner who knows but let's hope there's no knee jerk reactions over the next few weeks NIGEL will turn things around and get us back to those decent winning performances !!

Pearson claims we contributed to our own downfall and yet his team selection pretty much did that before a ball was played...?

That doesn't excuse basic errors such as careless passing, poor touches such as Schmeichel's and aimless long balls when short passes were available.

How can people, including the sky commentator not see that Moore was the one at fault for Bonys second?

There seems to be a bit of a De Late witch hunt on here. Similar to that of the Nugent one.

I think Mahrez looks like our only Premier League standard player in the last month and that is a genuine worry. However I'm not panicking yet because I think we will turn it around

THIS.

He didnt cover himself in glory for the first either. Very naive defending and not for the first time. Love the guy but he isnt looking at all solid.

In fairness to De Laet, I think that he's just holding his line. If Moore does the same then the run is too premature and its a well held line, no mention of De Laet ball watching

In fairness to Moore he was stranded in the middle with no support, and RDL stopped running.

I don't think Moore is the dogs like some do, I just don't want to see players not take responsibility for their man and stop running.

RDL got done, instead of stating with the man, he let him get behind, he didn't check to see where his other defenders where, and he stopped running. Play to the whistle.

Moore was out of position, but it doesn't excuse RDL.

They are and they're not. Sure, Newcastle and Swansea are better than Barnsley and Bolton, but that shouldn't change the way we approach the game. Being away should not change our confidence in ourselves and it shouldn't stop us playing our game - which involves pressing, playing at a high tempo and being positive. Simply because that is why we play well when we do.

Home or away, Premiership or Championship, it's about doing the right things. We are not that inferior that we should start playing brainless hoofball with a group of players who have been coached to play positive, passing football with an emphasis on pace.

That kind of negative mentality - going against everything we've done over the last season and a bit, has fvcked us. We are now shockingly low on confidence, the players don't know which side their arse hangs anymore.

I kind of agree with you in terms of playing style away from home. Don't think I got my point across properly. In simple terms we've played 3 games out of the last 4 away. If you break it down - Palace (strong at home last season), Swansea & Newcastle (established premiership teams who if we finish above we'll be close to top half). I'm not excusing the performances but we could have played well and got the same return (I realise the performances need to improve).

In fairness to Moore he was stranded in the middle with no support, and RDL stopped running.

I don't think Moore is the dogs like some do, I just don't want to see players not take responsibility for their man and stop running.

RDL got done, instead of stating with the man, he let him get behind, he didn't check to see where his other defenders where, and he stopped running. Play to the whistle.

Moore was out of position, but it doesn't excuse RDL.

He was stranded in the middle because he was out of position. If he hadn't been 5 yards deeper than the other defenders Montero would have been offside.

If RDL 'Stayed with his man' as you said he would have played him onside, he stopped running to catch Montero offside. Moore was at fault for the first as well, got too tight to Bony then didn't track him back as he put it into the net.

Moore, Drinkwater & Nugent cannot start next Saturday, all 3 of which have been absolutely dreadful for large parts of the season.

I kind of agree with you in terms of playing style away from home. Don't think I got my point across properly. In simple terms we've played 3 games out of the last 4 away. If you break it down - Palace (strong at home last season), Swansea & Newcastle (established premiership teams who if we finish above we'll be close to top half). I'm not excusing the performances but we could have played well and got the same return (I realise the performances need to improve).

Good post but we have barely looked like scoring in those games.

I think we'll be fine and it is just "one of those" runs but it doesn't make it any less frustrating to watch.

Archived