Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

Reading this forum for the past few weeks, This is not me calling for his head, but I've seen a few posts recently that look as if a portion of fans are ready to get rid of him already????

Personally Think if Big Nige sorts his system out and sticks to it we may be okay, Obviously if we carry on like this we will be down very quickly..

But what are peoples general thoughts on Nigel so far this season?

Is he the man for us? or would someone like Pulis be a better prospect?

Is Nigel really as inadequate as some of these match day threads amongst others are making him out to be??

This thread is purely based on the negativity on the forum towards pearson at present. I think we should stick with him.

Discuss.

Silly to call for his head. He deserves the season, and if we get relegated then he should still be in charge. He needs to start imposing an idea of how we should play in every game rather than trying to counter the opposition. Play our game and if we get beat, we get beat. But don't change the side every game to try and out-smart the opponents - it's not working.

Reading this forum for the past few weeks, This is not me calling for his head, but I've seen a few posts recently that look as if a portion of fans are ready to get rid of him already????

Personally Think if Big Nige sorts his system out and sticks to it we may be okay, Obviously if we carry on like this we will be down very quickly..

But what are peoples general thoughts on Nigel so far this season?

Is he the man for us? or would someone like Pulis be a better prospect?

This thread is purely based on the negativity on the forum towards pearson at present. I think we should stick with him.

Discuss.

It depends if you expect a complete turnaround. Pulis did very well at keeping Palace up but they weren't too great away in terms of goals and were still deep in a battle until mid-April when they won 5 in a row.

He is the man for us, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if real pressure is heaped on him now. Next week isn't going to be fun.

Whoever is calling for Pearson to be sacked at this point of the season are absolute tools.

I've seen a couple of posts on my travels on here, One mentioning pulis...

But the Negativity towards Nigel is Painful, He's making silly mistakes, but people are making him out to be inadequate at present.

As I said in the match thread, Pearson should be kept on even if we go down. He's new to this level and needs to learn it. We know he can learn; he did so after the end of 12/13. Relegation wouldn't be the end of the world. We're Leicester City. Bouncing between the top two leagues is what we do.

To early to even consider even having this conversation, but if the rot doesn't stop soon he will be under pressure.

Pearson is new to the premier league, as are a lot of the players, they need to learn how to get consistent results.

He may wish now he added more premier league quality in the summer, but he must have faith in his players, they need to repay that, because yes the results are not good at the minute, but it's the performance and effort that is more concerning.

They are clearly not comfortable with the formation Pearson is playing, please go back to 4-4-2 Nigel, the results cannot get any worse, but we might have performances to get excited about.

Don't want him to go but I do believe our current form is totally his fault. He reminds me a little of his stubborn ways in the season we lost in the play offs.

Most frustrating part is that some of his decisions have been so stupid and cost us games

Don't want him to go but I do believe our current form is totally his fault. He reminds me a little of his stubborn ways in the season we lost in the play offs.

Most frustrating part is that some of his decisions have been so stupid and cost us games

You see, I don't get this. He was accused in the play-off season of being too predictable, now he's changing formations and players too often. He's not stubborn at all. Stubborn would be sticking with the same thing each time and hoping it finally works.

Way to early for Pearson to go already, definitely deserves more of a chance.

Although if we continue the way we are going then can imagine the pressure start mounting a lot, he doesn't look his normal calm and collective self anymore, it's worrying to see the side look so negative and deflated and with us not looking to have any answers.

Got to say making 3 subs at once was a little desperate and disappointing how ineffective they all were

Putting my cards on the table. I don't think we're going to stay up, or if we do, it will be by the skin of our teeth.

That being said, I would keep Pearson, even if we went down, and give him a chance of repeating last season. He worked a bloody miracle to get us to where we are, and I don't think chopping and changing manager would do us any good. I wouldn't want anyone else to try get us out of the championship, and maybe he'll be more the wiser after this season.

Premier League is a new learning experience for him aswell. I think he can only get better.

oh my god this wasn't even a piss take. please sign out and never sign back in. pleeease.

Did you even read the thread or are you just a complete moron.

This is based on the complete negativity in some of these threads around the forum, which might aswell have Pearsons P45 signed.. I clearly state I want us to stick with him, and called for FT members to discuss his decisions so far this season. Having played hard fixtures and easier fixtures, why not?

I think the biggest problem we have here, is that we have tried almost every player in the squad in almost every system possible.

Pearson has no idea what his best side is and it's impossible for the players to find any form or gain any consistency when one game they start wide right, next game they start through the middle then the next game there on the bench or not in the squad at all.

You see, I don't get this. He was accused in the play-off season of being too predictable, now he's changing formations and players too often. He's not stubborn at all. Stubborn would be sticking with the same thing each time and hoping it finally works.

Problem is that seemingly at the moment he's putting the names of everybody who's not a defender into a hat and pulling them out at random.

Why is it when we have such a great man in charge, you still get the inevitable thread like this to gain attention?

Watch this get about 7 or 8 pages now and be up for weeks. Ffs

Again, Read the thread. Discssing pearsons season so far is not too much to ask is it? not far into the season but having played Harder game and easier games whats the issue?

Have a ****ing day off matt

Putting my cards on the table. I don't think we're going to stay up, or if we do, it will be by the skin of our teeth.

That being said, I would keep Pearson, even if we went down, and give him a chance of repeating last season. He worked a bloody miracle to get us to where we are, and I don't think chopping and changing manager would do us any good. I wouldn't want anyone else to try get us out of the championship, and maybe he'll be more the wiser after this season.

Premier League is a new learning experience for him aswell. I think he can only get better.

I think we will be okay If we buy in january, I think as another poster said, Pearson may be regretting not adding more real quality in the summer.

Problem is that seemingly at the moment he's putting the names of everybody who's not a defender into a hat and pulling them out at random.

That's a good way of putting it. Team selections are all over the place atm.

Last year we were succesful with a very stable team. Now it's probably the former that's the cause of that situation mostly but you can't help but think a more consistent line up might help.

Archived