Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

I honestly 100% think a fair number of our fans actually want us to lose so Pearson gets the sack. it seems a massive number of our fans want him out and I find it absolutely baffling as to why he is hated so much,

Think your making an unfair assumption, people are very fed up with performances over the last 3 games, and most think he's got his tactics all wrong, which he probaly has, but the players have let him down.

But to say a large number want him to lose, so he gets sacked is a bit silly, a large number fed up yes, a large number want him to get us playing good football yes, large numbers want us to lose, week in, week out just to sack the manager, doesn't really make sense.

I think you are being over sensitive to the critics of him, because a lot of what I have read suggest nearly everyone is saying, it's nowhere near time to have this conversation, and wants him to get us playing well again.

A lot of people saying that we should be aiming for a mid table finish, well today we were playing a mid table side and we fell well well short.

We'll be in and amongst the likes of villa, Sunderland, burnley, qpr, Stoke, west brom and palace this season and it'll be very close. Get used to the fact that we will lose games because we are considerably weaker than a lot of teams in this league regardless of whether we beat united or not.

Think your making an unfair assumption, people are very fed up with performances over the last 3 games, and most think he's got his tactics all wrong, which he probaly has, but the players have let him down.

But to say a large number want him to lose, so he gets sacked is a bit silly, a large number fed up yes, a large number want him to get us playing good football yes, large numbers want us to lose, week in, week out just to sack the manager, doesn't really make sense.

I think you are being over sensitive to the critics of him, because a lot of what I have read suggest nearly everyone is saying, it's nowhere near time to have this conversation, and wants him to get us playing well again.

I said a fair number and it is just the opinion I get when our fans seem to revel in having a go at him, they seem pleased to be able to slate him.

The reason we won the league last season and played far better than in previous seasons was a settled line up. As I've said before, following the Barnsley game 3 years ago, I am man enough to admit I think he could have gone. Not now though BUT he has to acknowledge the fact he is part of the current issue - reminds me a bit of Van Gaal with Holland. Okay, they eventually came third in the World Cup, yet we all saw how they tore Spain a new one but then changed his system and they were never quite the same team thereafter.

My main bug bear remains our defence though. Swansea's goals were embarrassing. Simpson needs a go and GIVE NICK POWELL A CHANCE!!!!!

He has done enough for this club to get a full season in the Premier.

I do have some concerns though...

Away form is dreadful with just 1 goal and 1 fairly lucky win.

There have been some strange team changes. One week a player is not in the squad, the next thing they are starting.

It's a fair thread, whether we like or dislike it Pearson will be under pressure this season. He doesn't have the luxury of other managers with no outside expectation, pundits were taking us seriously a month ago and adjusted their predictions and outlook for us.

We are big spending Leicester remember, with impatient owners.

I said a fair number and it is just the opinion I get when our fans seem to revel in having a go at him, they seem pleased to be able to slate him.

Your opinion, as quick as you think people slate him and want him out, I think there are people on here who love the I told you so, about him, when things are going great, but cannot wait for someone to post something negative about Pearson, to jump to his defence.

It's like Pearson cannot be critised, or anybody dare say he's under pressure, all of us have bad days at the office, Pearson has had 3, no panic or drama, but football being football, no matter how well he did last season, another 5 to 10 games like the last 3, he could go.

Doesn't mean a large number want us to lose, so that happens, I just think emotions are running high, after another poor performance, but in reality we all want us playing like we did early season.

There's no need to consider firing Pearson, but there's still a massive disparity between the ambition of some fans and what I imagine to be the ambition of the board.

Some on here feel that we should stick with Pearson to the bitter end; perhaps even give him another year if we were to go down. I doubt this will come to pass. Managers rarely get two and a half years, with ample funding, to reach the Premier League. It's even more rare for a board to sit back while a manager leads them inexorably towards relegation from the top flight.

Their ambition is to be an established Premier League side. If it looks like Pearson's management is endangering that objective, then they will do what every other club does these days and move him aside. And before January.

As it happens, we aren't cut adrift, nor even in the relegation zone. So Pearson rightly has the chance to settle on a preferred line-up, stabilise his side and instill in them a greater respect for the hard work required to survive in this league. But if he fails to do that over the coming weeks - let alone months and years - then people will be quite reasonably asking how long he's got left.

What is negative about playing 4 forward thinking players? We were simply outclassed today by a better team, no shame in that.

Hammond has had more good games in the Prem than both James and Drinkwater combined, yet people like you still scapegoat him. Drinkwater hasn't had a good game all season. King and Hammond have been our most successful midfield pairing this season points wise. Yet I assume you think Cambiasso should start because he has won the Champions League right?

Disagree with you I am afraid. As I said earlier it was a change in personnel however after having gone to Newcastle, and watching the first half on tv they may have been forward thinking players but they didn't play that way? Many times I saw Ulloa motioning with his hands for us to get forward as there was too big a cap between him isolated up front on his own and the midfield and the defence. You must have seen it different and I respect that.

Please be honest re Hammond he was not deemed good enougth last season in the championship to even start games. yet, this season he seems to be starting most. He is too slow and he should not start in the team in front of King. i would lovento know what he has done wrong to be warranted to be dropped we were playing better earlier in the season when he started.

Re Cambiasso you are again wrong yes, a great player in his day but not anymore. He is a damn site better than Hammond though and on current form Drinkwater. Another train of thought re Cambiasso sometimes he plays great balls but our other players do not anticipate them early enougth hence they appear to be wasted.

I do not believe Pearson should be sacked yet either however, away from home we do need to change our tactics Ulloa up top on his own is not working. It may not have been like that today but on the first half showing it certainly seemed like it.

FInally, it's all very well looking at anything with blue tinted glasses but the worry for me was that Swansea didn't appear to get out of second gear in order to beat us and that is very worrying.

Are you really happy with that?

Your opinion, as quick as you think people slate him and want him out, I think there are people on here who love the I told you so, about him, when things are going great, but cannot wait for someone to post something negative about Pearson, to jump to his defence.

It's like Pearson cannot be critised, or anybody dare say he's under pressure, all of us have bad days at the office, Pearson has had 3, no panic or drama, but football being football, no matter how well he did last season, another 5 to 10 games like the last 3, he could go.

Doesn't mean a large number want us to lose, so that happens, I just think emotions are running high, after another poor performance, but in reality we all want us playing like we did early season.

It's hard to be too critical of him, though. He's won two promotions, secured two further play-off finishes, proven an able financial manager and currently has us outside the PL relegation zone.

But I do understand your point - firstly because people are just a little deluded where Pearson is concerned: if our poor form continues and, come December, we look like we're for the drop then his job will be every bit as at risk as that of any other manager, past, present or future, in his position.

And secondly, because many of these same fans are willing to slate or even write off our younger professionals (Schlupp, Knockaert, Albrighton, Wood... even James and Moore), while religiously sticking by a 50+ year-old who is one of the longest serving bosses in the game, and dismissing anybody who doesn't as a non-fan. At what point did it become more of a taboo, if it ever was a taboo, to question a manager than a player?

Pearson earned his chance and he still deserves that chance. But keeping a side's head above water in the PL is a very different sort of task to getting them out of the second tier, and he's going to have to do better - soon - if he's to pull it off, or perhaps even be given the chance to pull it off. I see no reason why we shouldn't acknowledge this.

Stupid thread, Nigel needs to stay even if we go down. He is building something here and we need him in order to complete it. It's his first season in the big time, mistakes be made but that's part and parcel of his development as a manager. As long as there's a long term plan in place then I want him to stay.

Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months.

Pearsons record is obviously very impressive with us and it seems like he has hit the ground running and continuity has guided his teams through.

This will be a different challenge for him, Pearson has never struck me as being a motivator (May be wrong, just personal opinion) and will be interesting to see how he can pick our team up that is currently looking low on confidence.

Just a thought obviously back a few seasons ago when we went on that horrible run in the championship and scrapped through to play offs, obviously not saying things are that bad but seemed to struggle to pick the team up then.

We need to look at situations like Leeds and think back to the Mandric era. We dont want that to happen again. Kneejerk decisions with no regard for the future.

In my opinion, Pearson has earned our trust and our patience so we should let him have it. It's difficult to watch us play like we did today but the fact is that its starting to look like a couple of players are not up to the job.

If in 10 games time, we're still struggling and still persisting with De Laet, (sadly) Nugent and (even more sadly) Moore, I would start to doubt his abilities. As it stands though, we're only 9 games in and the players and the management staff are adapting to the League.

We need to give it time before the pants turn brown.

Stupid thread, Nigel needs to stay even if we go down. He is building something here and we need him in order to complete it. It's his first season in the big time, mistakes be made but that's part and parcel of his development as a manager. As long as there's a long term plan in place then I want him to stay.

You will struggle to find many examples of sides who back their manager with ample finances for two-and-a-half years in the second tier, waiting for promotion, then sit back and let him get them relegated, then give him yet another year or so to get it right second time around.

I'd be surprised and disappointed to hear anyone seriously suggesting that Pearson should go now. But if this run continues - and it will unless we start covering a lot more ground in the centre of the park, and being tighter in the full back positions - he will find himself in a position which, 9 times out of 10, leads to a manager being fired. That's how modern football works.

So it's stupid to argue that he should be fired this week or next week or the week after. But it's entirely realistic to acknowledge that, right or wrong, he could be on his way within a month or two if things don't improve. They will, though, I suspect.

I wonder what team is going to be the first to panic grab Pullis, you know its going to happen this season my bets on Sunderland

Someone at Swansea today said Gus looks like he's going to lose his job.

They could be right as they go through managers at a fair rate just recently.

Archived