Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

No Captain

I think we are seriously lacking a leader or anybody that is captain material. When we conceded on Saturday there was hardly a reaction

from any of players. I rate Wes as a player but is he a captain?

I can't really think of who would be a good captain in our side

Irrelevant really anyway. It's just a coin toss. A captains role in football isn't really much when you think about it.

You certainly need an organiser in the back four though.

Irrelevant really anyway. It's just a coin toss. A captains role in football isn't really much when you think about it.

You certainly need an organiser in the back four though.

You'd like to think Paul Konchesky would step up into that role being our most experienced player.

Did anyone notice Ashley Williams just after they came out after halftime having them in a huddle and speaking to them. To me that showed a lot of leadership qualities.

You'd like to think Paul Konchesky would step up into that role being our most experienced player.

Did anyone notice Ashley Williams just after they came out after halftime having them in a huddle and speaking to them. To me that showed a lot of leadership qualities.

Yeah although I think it's harsh to put organisation on a full back, has to be Morgan really.

Anyone can be a motivator, it doesn't have to have an armband on, problem is since Roy Keane everyone seems to think the only way to be a captain is to shout and swear at people and be a bit of a mentalist.

So did you not see Drankwater going nuts then? :nigel:

How is Kasper or Cambiasso not a leader kasper shouts all game and Cambiasso is a born leader of men.

I can imagine it going to Kaspers head a little, turn into abit of a Rooney, it's good to see you're keeper vocal but to fair so far this season I have seen very little of him commanding his area and good performances.

Cambiasso has just arrived, I think his English isn't very good and plays part roles so far. I think just passing his knowledge and experience in dressing room is best suited for him

Personally don't think we have many strong leaders like the days of Walshie and Elliott but I think a lot of the players look up to Wez, you don't have to be barking orders and going nuts to be a good leader.

So did you not see Drankwater going nuts then?  :nigel:

How is Kasper or Cambiasso not a leader kasper shouts all game and Cambiasso is a born leader of men.

That was just petulant though. It was his laziness and lack of concentration that cost us the first goal. Hate to see a player complain when they are the one at fault.

Cambiasso shouldn't be captain, but he should be on the pitch and when he is he will lead and organise, as he is that sort of player.

Interesting to see if Upson ever gets fit and on to the pitch how he will respond, whether he would take charge and organise the defence or defer to captain Morgan.

I thought Wes was a great captain. But Saturday he wound me up by jogging back that time he got caught out and they had a clear run at goal. Embarrassing.

I also wish he'd shut up about this tattoo parlour.

But he can be incredible at times though.

tbh its english football culture to make the centreback captain nd as much i rate wes i dont think hes captain materiel i hope moore grows into a great defender and stays here it would be nice to have a homegrown leicestershire captain 

hear lots saying liam isnt all that but lets support the local lad

Never will understand the fascination with Captaincy.

Does anybody on the pitch honestly sit there and go "Damnit I can seriously influence the game and inform my colleagues of an aspect of the game that I have identified which may lead us to a more advantageous situation, but, mustn't yell, haven't got a bloody armband..."

Does anybody on the pitch honestly sit there and go "Damnit I can seriously influence the game and inform my colleagues of an aspect of the game that I have identified which may lead us to a more advantageous situation, but, mustn't yell, haven't got a bloody armband..."

have you ever played a football match mate i was centerback of my school team but not captain and i basically led my team anyway

centerbacks are always captain material but i dont think wes is loud enough he maybe a bit meek altho i wouldnt mess with him if i saw him in a dark alley in evington

I should've named the thread 'No Leaders' but that sounds far too negative lol

Virtually every captain I ever played with was a thick moron who did more to demotivate me than anything else.

They seemed to think leadership meant getting angry and shouting at people.

Virtually every captain I ever played with was a thick moron who did more to demotivate me than anything else.

They seemed to think leadership meant getting angry and shouting at people.

Quite. I've seen enough of that kind of person myself, they don't seem to realise the harm they're doing.

As someone who often takes a leadership role in my own team I have a rule that I go by: pretty much everything I say to the team should come with at least a hint of encouragement. A positive mindset, especially at amateur level, is probably more important than the tactics you employ.

Archived