Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ChrisWoodIsClass

Lawrence, Powell and knockaert

After seeing the u21s demolition tonight, I'm struggling to believe these can't make the 1st teams bench even!! yes it was against kids but these at least deserve a place on the bench. Every time knockaert got on the ball you knew he was going to provide creativity and chance as well as Lawrence and powell. After the disappointment of very few chances last few games i think these lads perhaps deserve a go.

may get slated for this but wouldn't mind seeing them in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation as follows:

LM lawrence/Mahrez CAM Powell RM knockaert  

opinions?

Have said time and again that I really want to see Powell coming on for Ulloa around 65 minutes in games.

Lawrence I don't know enough about, I thought he wasn't ready for 1st team?

And Knockaert has had chances so far this season, he's just been poor.

I agree Knockaert has been poor paricularly against shrewsbury but looked much improved tonight be it the u21s and his work rate was much better! looked like he had a point to prove

I tend to think there might be an opportunity for Powell.  If Pearson goes to 4-4-2, with Mahrez as one winger, who is the other wide player?  Right now its Schlupp or Albrighton, but neither seems to be the answer.  (Of course Vardy playing wide has been a bust).  Powell did well at Wigan being played this way.

I tend to think there might be an opportunity for Powell.  If Pearson goes to 4-4-2, with Mahrez as one winger, who is the other wide player?  Right now its Schlupp or Albrighton, but neither seems to be the answer.  (Of course Vardy playing wide has been a bust).  Powell did well at Wigan being played this way.

Well we have Knockaert and Lawrence as well and surely they both deserve a chance given how awful Schlupp's been

I'd have Knockaert in the squad over Schlupp and Albrighton to fill the wide positions at the moment. He has the creative spark we could have used on Saturday just to give Ulloa and Vardy a sniff of a chance.

Weren't they both used against Newcastle to zero effect?

Weren't they both used against Newcastle to zero effect?

Knockaert got a brief cameo at the end. He did create a chance for himself to shoot as well in the last minute which Taylor blocked well. Albrighton to be fair at least put one or two half decent crosses in which sadly came to no avail.

If you want zero effect vs Newcastle Jeff's your man.

It's all good saying "Put them on the bench" but what 3 players do you take off the bench?

Hmmmm I can't think of any one who deserves to be dropped in recent performances.

To be honest I think Nigel will have a harder job justifying keeping 3 players in mate.

Knockaert gives the ball away too much to be relied upon. He's a liability.

Against Burnley he completed 16/17 passes. Even allowing for a bit of a horror show against Everton, his pass completion for the season is 82%, with most of those passes attempted in the final third where loss of possession occurs most frequently.

Last season his pass completion % was higher than Drinkwater.

He's actually very sensible in possession when he does pass the ball - his biggest problem (as you have partly referred to) could be releasing it in good time.

But even that seems to be overstated. Last season he lost possession less frequently than both Nugent and Vardy. In fact, 136 other players in the division lost the ball more frequently than Knockaert.

I'd like to see Powell get a few first team games under his belt in a 4-4-1-1 with him in the number 10 spot.

He's better than anyone we have in that role at the min.

He must be lacking fitness or something because I can't see why Pearson would bring in a loan player and not even give him a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived