Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ChrisWoodIsClass

Lawrence, Powell and knockaert

I honestly would get too excited about there performances last night they played against man city youth who were poor, i mean we werre 4 -0 up inside 20 mins

Patrick Veira was there as Man city coach dont know if he's running the youth academy up there

I went last night , not bad for £3 entry an £3 parking at the ground and plenty of goals . Man city were awful , no shape and did not have any experienced players like us , with knocks , Simpson , Powell etc leicester dominated the game and pressed really well .knocky was great , Simpson did nothing wrong but nothing special.

Very creative play by city good night and top seats will go again

Anthony will sometimes lose possession when he is trying to create something. At the moment we are losing possession all over the park, so to just blame him is unfair, especially when he is not playing. His creativity is what we need, even at the risk of losing the possession sometimes as we need to create chances that is just not happening this season.

You can give the ball away in different ways, Knockaert mostly loses the ball when dirbbling or trying to get past his man as he's too slow.

That point is addressed at the bottom of the post you're referring to.

Basically the perception that Knockaert is more careless than anybody else is nonsense. He's not Xavi but he's hardly losing the ball at every turn.

And Schlupp's just terrible in every aspect

Bit unfair. Played a big part in a few of our goals this season.

For me though personally the best games he has had for us have been as a left back.

As for the 3 the thread is about, they all seem to be creative, which is what we are lacking at the moment.

I tend to think there might be an opportunity for Powell. If Pearson goes to 4-4-2, with Mahrez as one winger, who is the other wide player? Right now its Schlupp or Albrighton, but neither seems to be the answer. (Of course Vardy playing wide has been a bust). Powell did well at Wigan being played this way.

Wigan generally played wing backs last sesson with Powell in behind the striker.

Can Lawrence and Powell be any worse than Nugent was on Saturday? Surely not

Why do fans persist on singling Nugent out, the whole team was poor. With limited service he at least held the ball up and looked for options around him, can't blame him that those around him created no real movement off the ball. But I guess he'll continue to be an easy scapegoat for those who can't read the game.

That point is addressed at the bottom of the post you're referring to.

Basically the perception that Knockaert is more careless than anybody else is nonsense. He's not Xavi but he's hardly losing the ball at every turn.

The perception comes about because when he does lose the ball it is often in areas that will leave us exposed. Where as say Nugent or Vardy lose the ball it's not going to be as costly, they are also completely different positions on the field and I'd imagine striker lose the ball way more than most other position on the pitch.

When he does make a mistake his lack of pace means he can't get back to try and rectify it, if he does it often ends in a lunging tackle and a free kick to the oppo. I don't think there is any doubting that he needed to work on that side of his game, of when to take the risk and when not.

After seeing the u21s demolition tonight, I'm struggling to believe these can't make the 1st teams bench even!! yes it was against kids but these at least deserve a place on the bench. Every time knockaert got on the ball you knew he was going to provide creativity and chance as well as Lawrence and powell. After the disappointment of very few chances last few games i think these lads perhaps deserve a go.

may get slated for this but wouldn't mind seeing them in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation as follows:

LM lawrence/Mahrez CAM Powell RM knockaert

opinions?

Having seen Knockaert in the first team this season I'd be surprised to see him again for a very long time & that was when we were playing exceptionally well, maybe now our performance levels have plummeted he wouldn't look out of place as he did previously

I'd be surprised if Lawrence & Powell weren't involved in squad soon

The perception comes about because when he does lose the ball it is often in areas that will leave us exposed. Where as say Nugent or Vardy lose the ball it's not going to be as costly, they are also completely different positions on the field and I'd imagine striker lose the ball way more than most other position on the pitch.

When he does make a mistake his lack of pace means he can't get back to try and rectify it, if he does it often ends in a lunging tackle and a free kick to the oppo. I don't think there is any doubting that he needed to work on that side of his game, of when to take the risk and when not.

You're probably right, but I do think it's massively overplayed by certain people.

Worth bearing in mind though for your Nugent/striker comparison that in many games last year Knockaert's average position ended up being ahead of Nugent's, so I'm not sure that stands up necessarily.

I think he deserves another crack largely because we've not seen anything from the other wingers (except Mahrez) to suggest that they're a better option, particularly given the utter dearth of creativity and the reluctance to even try to give the ball to the centre forwards.

we started last season without knockaert and it was nearly as depressing to watch as this one. we won a few games (derby 0-1 own goal, horrific game), leeds at home when we crossed the half way line about once springs to mind too. then we brought him in and hallelujah we looked good. the same is going to happen here. 

You all know how highly I rate Nick Powell so his inclusion into the squad is a no brainer for me. The lad has shown nothing but class since his breakthrough at Crewe so I think its time we stop messing around and give him a chance. Lawrence, from all reports, seems an exceptionally gifted young player too but I don't know enough about him myself to make a judgment but hey - maybe he will get his chance. Anthony's desire to play last night also shows me that he really wants to play for this club still and the kid has overcome some real ups and downs since he has been here, all he needs to discover is that level headedness. He does that and he is easily one of our best players on his day.

So, yes, I think it is time for Nigel to look beyond his Championship winning team. We have a side here that could grow and grow and grow given the opportunity so let's encourage that raw passion!

Why do fans persist on singling Nugent out, the whole team was poor. With limited service he at least held the ball up and looked for options around him, can't blame him that those around him created no real movement off the ball. But I guess he'll continue to be an easy scapegoat for those who can't read the game.

I thought it was one of the better players Saturday myself, not that that is saying much.

Fwiw lawrence cant be any worse than schlupp and powell cant possibly offer less of an attacking threat than nugent. Might as well try them sooner rather than later.

Yes they can actually be worse.

All these "he can't be any worse" comments are so ridiculous.

Archived