Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

So who do we have that is good enough for the PL?

I dont think our squad is good enough to survive relegation which is why I was underwhelmed by our activity in the transfer market over the summer.

You need quality at this level even if it means signing mercenaries who dont care for the club. Players that can win points for you with a flash of brilliance when the team as a whole isnt doing well.

Right now we have players capable but I fear their flashes of brilliance will be few and far between.

I am amazed we didn't bring in a quality left back. That for sure was a massive mistake, by the manager, but I am sure he realizes that now.

His last interview was a shocker.

Richard Cockerill at Tigers, always admits when he has got it wrong, but I have never heard Pearson admit such a thing, and that speaks volumes.

Ok: Agreed. Let's be generous and call it 25%. Multiply our points by four, and we end up with 36 points. What does that tell you?

Burnley finish on 16, QPR finish on 28 and Sunderland finish on 32 points. We stayed up and can build on our first season. I like the positive outlook DT. I wish more were like you.

I dont think our squad is good enough to survive relegation which is why I was underwhelmed by our activity in the transfer market over the summer.

You need quality at this level even if it means signing mercenaries who dont care for the club. Players that can win points for you with a flash of brilliance when the team as a whole isnt doing well.

Right now we have players capable but I fear their flashes of brilliance will be few and far between.

I absolutely couldn't disagree more if you'd named your mercenary of choice as Beckford. You might as well get Sven back in, he's talking to Beckham you know...

The problem at this stage isn't quality-we had enough quality to beat Stoke and Man U and draw with Everton and Arsenal. What's lacking now is fight and cunning-we're not inventive enough and we have no one to seize the initiative when we're under the cosh.

I absolutely couldn't disagree more if you'd named your mercenary of choice as Beckford. You might as well get Sven back in, he's talking to Beckham you know...

The problem at this stage isn't quality-we had enough quality to beat Stoke and Man U and draw with Everton and Arsenal. What's lacking now is fight and cunning-we're not inventive enough and we have no one to seize the initiative when we're under the cosh.

thats what i mean quality to produce something when the team are not inventive or under the cosh.

Agree we showed quality v man utd but i also said i feared that quality will be few and far between.

there is no fairy tale of building a young hungry team at this level. You need quick fixes to survive. I wouldnt want a mercenary of Beckfords character but I trust a manager worth his salt would be a better judge of character.

I bet Beckham can still take better set pieces than anyone in our team.

Well not really. When was the last time a team stayed up with 38 points. My argument is definitely not flawed

Have a think and a look first. Last season 38 points would see us 16th at the lowest. 2011/12 38 would see us out of the bottom 3. 2009/10 38 would see us about 16th. 2008/09 38 pts sees us 16th again. Need I go on?!?!

Morgan, Konchesky, Cambiasso, Mahrez, Vardy & Ulloa all should be more than capable in this division (Obviously Camb and Konch being judged from previous as well at the top level)

From short cameos King and Albrighton have looked ok and both have proved themselves at decent levels of football before.

Doubts starting to surface over Kasper, RDL, Moore, Drinkwater and James but it would be really unfair to write any of them off at this level yet. I'm convinced given time they will all be able to make it at this level.

Nugent, Schulpp and Hammond look like they are going to really struggle up here.

All have shown that they are good enough as a team, but all have shown there is a lot to learn to be able to find that level on a consistent basis.

As individuals, some are looking like it's a level to high, schlupp, and nugent come to mind, but you could look at all of them, and say they have had plus and minuses, and a lot are still adapting, and clearly some won't.

I love Vardy as much as the next man but why is he a definate to succeed in this league? I'd love to know why folk are so confident in his abilities. Ripping championship defenders is a far cry from Terry, Vlaar, Skrtel, et Al. His close control isn't the best, its just his pace that frightens folk.

I am amazed we didn't bring in a quality left back. That for sure was a massive mistake, by the manager, but I am sure he realizes that now.

His last interview was a shocker.

Richard Cockerill at Tigers, always admits when he has got it wrong, but I have never heard Pearson admit such a thing, and that speaks volumes.

No one cares about Cockerill or your posts.

Have a think and a look first. Last season 38 points would see us 16th at the lowest. 2011/12 38 would see us out of the bottom 3. 2009/10 38 would see us about 16th. 2008/09 38 pts sees us 16th again. Need I go on?!?!

Just need to employ eleven 8 feet tall fat blokes to stand on the goal line every game for 90 minutes then and stay up with 0-0 every game!

Just need to employ eleven 8 feet tall fat blokes to stand on the goal line every game for 90 minutes then and stay up with 0-0 every game!

lol  we tried something similar vs Everton and McGeady still popped it in the top corner!

I'm hoping as much as anyone that we aren't in and around 38 points at the end of the season. The likelihood is that we will be though! Going to be a nervous season.

Drinkwater is the biggest dissapointment for me. Really thought he would take the premier league by storm but has been poor in every game he's played so far. Same could be said for James.

James needs a run of games, he has only started once this season. Drinkwater has been in the team since Stoke, but doesn't seem settled, if he plays and he plays shit so does the team. You either stick by him until he finds form, or go with a whole new partnership. 

If our two starting central midfielders from last season, can't find their feet in the Premier League sooner rather than later, then quite frankly we may be relegated. 

You need these two to adapt quickly to Premier League football, we can't afford to wait a whole season with them in poor form.

3pts on Saturday and we will be looking at the champions league again.

Once we are over the sheep record points total the pressure will be off.

lol like your thinking, like derby to keep their record, they took that record off us, if I remember right, but don't want it back lol

Drinkwater is the biggest dissapointment for me. Really thought he would take the premier league by storm but has been poor in every game he's played so far. Same could be said for James.

Drinkwater was absolutely fantastic in the Stoke game. Changed the game. Also did well against Man Utd. Unfair to say he's been poor every game. He hasn't

Archived