Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Chris wood

What's with the all of a sudden constant change in personnel?

I find it funny how everyone on the forum will call to keep the faith yet soon as results don't go our way or a player has made an error we want to see what the next person brings!

Ulloa hasn't done anything wrong so far this season, against Swansea was probably his worst game for us so far but he wasn't our worst player. There is nothing wrong with the squad selection that we've had so far, our problem is in tactic and deflated motivation.

It's weird because even in Chris Wood's first few games he still had a really poor first touch at times. I was never overly impressed with him. Ulloa is a step up from Wood in my opinion. All round better player. Better in the air, better touch, and uses his strength a lot more. His lack of goals has coincided with our decline in performance level and constant tinkering with the line up. He's miles better than wood

Agree fully. I can see similarities in the two but Ulloa is undoubtedly a better player for me.

Ulloa is better but also older, by Ulloas age Wood has the oppertunity to be the better player and the best way for that to happen is for him to train and play like Ulloa as they are similarly built.

Ulloa is better but also older, by Ulloas age Wood has the oppertunity to be the better player and the best way for that to happen is for him to train and play like Ulloa as they are similarly built.

It's common knowledge that players playing against previous clubs tend to put more effort in. Especially in woods case. That's the only reason I'm saying to play him. He will be well up for it. And if he scores then maybe he can go on a bit of a run like wickham last season.

It's also very typical that we are a club where players don't do well against their former clubs, it is a very rare occurrence.

When was the last time we signed a player that played well against a team he played for? Nugent scored twice in his first season against Portsmouth but that's about as much as I can remember.

Well drinkwater played the best in that game than he has all season. If Chris wood starts Saturday he scores in my opinion. And i will put my money where my mouth is with a bet on it. But we will see

Which I very much doubt will happen anyway.

Well drinkwater played the best in that game than he has all season. If Chris wood starts Saturday he scores in my opinion. And i will put my money where my mouth is with a bet on it. But we will see

I will bet you right now that Chris Wood doesn't start against West Brom.

West Brom being Wood's old club is not an excuse to start him this weekend.

According to Wiki he's made 21 appearances for them. That's about twice as many as Ulloa's made for us already. It's hardly Henry playing against Arsenal.

I said start him against swansea, definatly deserves a game. I would start him up front with ulloa against wba in a 442 formation with mahrez and albrighton on the wings, cambiasso and king in the middle and the same back 5 (including kasper) that played against swansea.

I know he won't start I'm not stupid. I mean comeon... Why would a player who has scored 1 goal from open play in a total of 16 minutes premierleague football be considered a starting place ahead of someone who has 1 goal from penalty spot in 680 minutes premierleague football.

Do those suggesting a Wood/Ulloa partnership have any knowledge of football whatsoever?

Yes. I don't get this obsession with Wood and Ulloa being associated with hoof ball. Wow. They're a tiny bit taller than Nugent. Big deal. Ulloa has excellent close control and his finishing is very instinctive. Has for Chris Wood, who can remember when people spoke about him being the best debutant the club's ever had?

Ulloa drops back a lot more than Wood anyway. People assume that because they're "similar", they're going to get in each others way. That's complete nonsense. They are professional footballers who are more than capable of accommodating each other.  

So, yeah, please criticise our lack of football knowledge. Let's just go back to playing Vardy, Ulloa and Nugent because that evidently works brilliantly. 

I'm not saying he is the answer - far from it, infact the strikers are not the problem. Midfield and the service they are providing (Or not providing should I say) is the problem, however and despite what i've said about the strikers not being the problem Wood must be going mental asking how bad Nugent has got to be before Wood gets a go.

The same goes for Powell.

Although, on the other hand, I feel the presence of Ulloa, a tall man up front leads to the players aimlessly hoofing it up field (Certainly on Saturday) which means the service for the strikers is even worse - Putting Wood in could lead to even more aimless hoofing up field.

The reason why Pearson probably hasn't played wood and ulloa together is because of the lack of pace.

They're both good finishers and strike the ball cleanly but if they are to be played together then they need quick attacking midfielders running off of them.

Like the previous poster said if they get the ball aimlessly hoofed up to them then you can not call that service!

As they're both big strong strikers they need the ball played into feet so that they can hold off their defender and bring other players into play.

Really don't get the wood deserves a chance comments.

How many of you making the comment watch him day in day out in training to have this informed view.

Also Nige seemed happy for him to go to Wolves which suggests he is not doing well in training.

Or do you think nige is pissed off with him and is happy for our best striker to sit out us go down and him get the sack?

Archived