Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

King not free to talk to clubs in January- signs new 4 year deal

He's a legend. There's no two ways about it, he's been through the highs and the lows, he's suffered the false dawns and the capitulations, he's suffered as much shit football and too many shit managers, for a few years he was our best and never once did he want to leave.

He's been there for the better times too, scoring in a play off semi final, finishing as a top scorer in the season that he captained us, he's the top scoring midfielder in the clubs history. He's experienced more with us in his 8 years than most do in their careers, joy, heartbreak, disappointment whatever.

He's provided us with great moments, passes, games goals and faces, yeah he has a few off games but so does everyone but he's served us so well for so long so I love you Kingy.

So how about a banner?

2 times a champion, 49 times a hero, 251 times A.King.

Kingy :wub:

We should have a minutes standing ovation for him on Saturday

2nd min for titles

4th for new contract

10th for shirt number

24th for original shirt number

26th for age

49th for amount of league goals

54th for overall goals

?

Scored some absolute cracking and important goals for us, Forest on the last day of the season, Leeds on Boxing Day, Stevange in the cup.

But the one I enjoyed most was last season away at Blackpool, absolute scenes in the away end when it went in.

So many people forget that Stevenage goal. Sublime. My favourite goal of his by a distance but the Blackpool one comes close as you said for the absolute scenes in the away end. Genuinely can't remember a goal where we all went so mental, even Knocky v Forest wasn't that good.

Love how he talks about us being his only club. What a hero.

Must be on a hefty whack if he's prepared to spend his prime years as a pro footballer warming the pine. When Logan did it he was a lazy parasite, when Dyer didn't do it he was a shithouse, when King does it - club legend, get that statue up etc etc.

For what its worth I just hope this means they've had words and he's had assurances of plenty of minutes in the near future. I think he's better suited to the PL than James or Hammond.

2nd min for titles

4th for new contract

10th for shirt number

24th for original shirt number

26th for age

49th for amount of league goals

54th for overall goals

?

283rd for games played

So many people forget that Stevenage goal. Sublime. My favourite goal of his by a distance but the Blackpool one comes close as you said for the absolute scenes in the away end. Genuinely can't remember a goal where we all went so mental, even Knocky v Forest wasn't that good.

Love how he talks about us being his only club. What a hero.

His first goal for the club (think it was home vs. Southampton?) was a banger as well.

one that rarely gets mentioned was the 94th minute winner in front of the kop in a sold out 125th anniversary game vs plymouth. boss celebs after that one, we'd battered them for a solid 93 and a half minutes then kingyyy pops up with a winner. what a hero. 

if we're listing favourite goals/moments we will literally be here till next week though. way too many important/quality/important and quality goals to even remember. 

Must be on a hefty whack if he's prepared to spend his prime years as a pro footballer warming the pine. When Logan did it he was a lazy parasite, when Dyer didn't do it he was a shithouse, when King does it - club legend, get that statue up etc etc.

For what its worth I just hope this means they've had words and he's had assurances of plenty of minutes in the near future. I think he's better suited to the PL than James or Hammond.

I don't remember people slagging Logan off, it became a joke on here more out of affection than anything, Gallagher got more grief and he is out on loan playing and has been for 18 months. Fans were upset Dyer left but we offered him a contract and he chose another deal, nothing shithouse about it.

He's played 282 in 7 years and has plenty more in the near future.

His first goal for the club (think it was home vs. Southampton?) was a banger as well.

They've all been great. Somebody post that 50 goals video. The finish against Coventry away was absolutely outrageous.

Yeah that was class. Can't believe that was that long ago!

So many good/important goals from Kingy, always used to pop up with a goal when we needed one most.

That video is class, full of nostalgia from a few season back too. The season where Sven was our manager every goal is class.

i've got it bookmarked. i watch it when i'm drunk sometimes. i do the same with stringer's commentary of gradel's goal at mk dons. i don't know why.

Corner goals?

Headed goals?

Lloyd?

Ryan Mcgivern :|

Watching that montage really underlines what an intelligent player he is. Albeit not in the prem yet, but shows a great sense of positioning and comes up with important goals.

Great signing! And hope he starts v West Brom, alongside Esteban [emoji106] plus he'll no doubt be buzzing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one that rarely gets mentioned was the 94th minute winner in front of the kop in a sold out 125th anniversary game vs plymouth. boss celebs after that one, we'd battered them for a solid 93 and a half minutes then kingyyy pops up with a winner. what a hero.

if we're listing favourite goals/moments we will literally be here till next week though. way too many important/quality/important and quality goals to even remember.

It doesn't get mentioned by me because it cost me £700, had us to draw that day. But cheers.

Yep. That was a class goal. Everyone on here could compile a top ten list and I bet not one of them would be the same.

Archived